Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

To be honest if August doesnt turn out that great, we can be very satisfied with June and especially July. Fantastic conditions for most of the time.

Which would make Summer 2014 almost a mirror image of Summer 2013 i.e. decent June, excellent July, and a modest August. Very acceptable overall.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Sunny at times with broken cloud. Earlier it was 24c. Now only 19.8c.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

First measurable rain for over a week, 2.8mm from showers overnight and this morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Dont know where to post, im guessing the channel islands would be South Western :)

Anyways been a lovely summer here so far, and after a showery start this morning its yet another lovely sunny day :D

• Like 1

Posted

Gorgeous sunny evening, very warm again today, one of the warmest spots I think, maxed at 23.8c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Took a while to get going today but turned into a glorious afternoon with hot sunshine and a high of 26.0C. Nice evening too with a bank of cloud to the east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Everyone better be behaving themselves on here. I wouldn't want to send any of our fellow South-Westerners, Westerners and Midlanders over to the naughty corner. ;-)

A shame about the fact that this dry and warm weather could become stamped out in the beginning of August (but I imagine will please those who have had enough of the settled and very warm conditions). It will, however, be nice to see some rain again (plus the plants outside seem to really want some). It could still feel warm in any sunny spells, especially for those on here concentrated more towards the East and South-East, with Western and North-Western areas probably seeing the most unsettled conditions. It's possible some changes could still clearly occur with August a few days away still - maybe the models could adjust the Lows a little further North and West or something. But I think one thing that seems certain is that even if this August turned out to be truly wet, both June and July should, at least, still prevent this Summer being as disturbed as the 2007/2012 ones.

Edited by DiagonalRedLine

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

OK, who pinched my showers?  Absolutely zilch here today.  Quite happy not to have the storms that hit the south east, but I must say I was hoping for something wet.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Yes Conor, Much fresher this morning Temp here 15.1c N/W 5.4mph.

Posted

Absolutely lovely morning here. Clear blue skies, and a nice breeze to keep things fresh. Currently 21.4°C

Bish

Posted

Gorgeous sunny evening, very warm again today, one of the warmest spots I think, maxed at 23.8c.

You were one of the warm spots Conor, Church Lawford, Warks did best yesterday at 25.3c.

20c rather warm and humid with sunny intervals here today, not at all bad!

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Does seem to be quite a few cumulus/stratus cumulus (and some other higher level cloud) trying to gang up on the blue sky here.

Despite this, feels quite warm and the phone's app is showing it to be around 22*C.

@Mapantz: nice pic!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Very nice day so far but clouding over a little now - have lost the convective bits of cloud and replaced with stratiform clouds blocking a lot of the sky - an hour or two too early. High of 25.2C so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Yet another beautiful sunny day here in Guernsey, and fairly warm aswell :D, there is also very little breeze around too which is rare for here :L

Posted

Had clouded over by 10am, but only a few spots of rain. Looked like it was clearing an hour ago but gone dull again. Got to 22C but otherwise a disappointing day-the first for ages.

Posted

First grey day in absolutely ages after a gorgeous sunny morning until 10am, back to 22c and sunny spells though tomorrow woohoo!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Joking aside we reached 28.5 here today the warmest this year in Bridport!