Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Have to disagree mate but ive phoned the met office and complained.The amount of warnings up which arnt currently necessary is a total joke.This will be the last time i listen to any bbc weather forecaster local or national.Im off to tired after being up all night waiting for nothing.

Are you on a wind up? The warnings are absolutely valid, take a look at the CAPE charts and stuff then look at the radar, even your area may be in for some further storms this afternoon! There are storms heading your way now in fact..

As I posted somewhere on here 3 or 4 days ago a lot of the anticipatory excitement will be wasted as it is the nature of thundery weather that many places will miss out - in this case though many places have had storms.

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Have to disagree mate but ive phoned the met office and complained.The amount of warnings up which arnt currently necessary is a total joke.This will be the last time i listen to any bbc weather forecaster local or national.Im off to tired after being up all night waiting for nothing.

If u could predict storms accurately then your a top notch meteorologist.

Posted

If u could predict storms accurately then your a top notch meteorologist.

Wrong you are Mystic Meg. I thought the METO made it pretty clear yesterday.

Edited by knocker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Convergence lines looking good later over the West Midlands

Posted Image

Somehow i can't see us getting to the dizzy heights of 28c/29c.... wish we would though with -9 Cape.... mouth watering :bomb:

Posted Image

Currently, hammering down, 20.1c :)

• Like 1

Posted

Not sure how the chap from Bath managed to think he missed the action take a look at this!

post-2595-0-76381600-1405766724_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Posted

And this!

post-2595-0-29339200-1405766982_thumb.jp

Edited by TonyH
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Just as looks like sliding to my west, it develops rapidly.. Thundering again. All this from overcast skies.

Posted

Flashes of lightning and real crackling thunder shooting across the sky right overhead,  no appreciable rain with it and not particularly dark

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

more and more rumbles, no lighting seen yet!!

fromey

Posted

more and more rumbles, no lighting seen yet!!

fromey

Are you sure? Somerset missed out we are led to believe :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Are you sure? Somerset missed out we are led to believe :)

really!!, from about 1am till 930 there has been thunder, lighting and torrential rain, and now its getting going again, like i said just rumbles no lighting seen yet.

fromey 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I think it's fair to say that some members will have to agree to disagree regarding the validity of met office forecasts and warnings.....Thundestorms by their nature are just about impossible to forecast to an accuracy of a few miles from several hours in advance. The warnings are simply that, warnings, not guarantees.......so best to think of the forecasts in that context....back to the current weather and storms are once again developing rapidly over the west country as the plume continues to destabilize

• Like 4

Posted

Looking at the radar there is plenty more streaming across the English Channel towards us!  http://meteox.com/gmapstatic.aspx?zoom=7&type=zoom&x=134&y=337

Met office severe weather advice a is a bit muddled, the map currently shows amber warning for rain across central /western parts but latest warning for today  is yellow 

Edited by egret
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

More rumbles here now, but the radar shows most of the action to my east, very much along the same line as this morning's storms in this area.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Indeed ajpoolshark some peeps don't understands the complexities of whats going on, but in some they just like the windup

as TonyH Has been showing it was all there to see! enough said.

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 2

Posted

And yet it seems we don't need he sun to spark thunderstorms off today.

• Like 1

Posted

And yet it seems we don't need he sun to spark thunderstorms off today.

Would be a welcome bonus at any point, but I'm not complaining at the storms at the moment! 

Posted

really!!, from about 1am till 930 there has been thunder, lighting and torrential rain, and now its getting going again, like i said just rumbles no lighting seen yet.

fromey 

Don't worry I do believe YOU :)

• Like 1