Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Very muggy night with a low of 17.1c, warmest day of the year today with a max of 27.5c though the humidity seems to of eased this evening with a refreshing breeze.

Can't see anything happening tonight here, not had a decent nighttime storm since 2008, tomorrow afternoon/evening is looking much better.

Posted

Looks more of a southeast event to me, I could be wrong we might get one or two thunderstorms in the early hours but nothing as intense or severe as further south and east

That's only the 1st wave Marcus & Deep snow - more to come and more action further west too - just be patient - but must admit that's the mother of all storms about to hit the south east - it looks extremely scary - wouldn't be surprised to hear about some sort of tornado from that I'm sure - or at least damaging winds and massive sized hail!

Posted

Starting to get rather excited now looking at sat24 http://www.sat24.com/?ir=true&ra=true&li=false

Huge chance of more cells firing up and heading our way tonight and early hours!! The storm to the east is amazing to watch unfold!! WOW

What a night the SE are getting with more forecast later amazing stuff

Posted

What a night the SE are getting with more forecast later amazing stuff

Yes best model radar watching for a long long time!! Things are expected to become more widespread later and early hours of the morning, the sat24 is really showing whats brewing! More to come yet! I wasnt sure at first this afternoon but as things are developing now im sure most of us will see something by tomorrow afternoon!

Posted

Someone else did ask this question somewhere and Im truly not being negative but can some one who knows about these things explain why, when everything looks like its being blown in the same direction as the current storm in Kent, it will suddenly change direction later on?

Edited by sherrie

Posted

Someone else did ask this question somewhere and Im truly not being negative but can some one who knows about these things explain why, when everything looks like its being blown in the same direction as the current storm in Kent, it will suddenly change direction later on?

There is greater chance of instability tonight as the low pressure to our west hits the heat and is expected to form new cells, this shows the potential as the night progresses quite well, http://www.sat24.com/foreloop.aspx?type=3&continent=europa

You need to run the sequence on the left hand side!

Also running the rain radar is showing things are turning into more of a north direction

Edited by Rapodo

Posted

Can we have a split threads for tonight please mods? 

It's gonna get super busy and our storms will get diluted by posts from the southern storms?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Looks like its all over for the south west tonight..Last time i get my hopes up after anything the bbc weather forcasters decide to ramp up :angry:  Once again the west miss out and it all goes east

Posted

Looks like its all over for the south west tonight..Last time i get my hopes up after anything the bbc weather forcasters decide to ramp up :angry:  Once again the west miss out and it all goes east

That cell was never meant to be in the west to start with I wouldn't get down about it yet storms due here about 2-4am I think. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Can we have a split threads for tonight please mods? 

It's gonna get super busy and our storms will get diluted by posts from the southern storms?

Sorry i disagree! "super busy" that only happens when we've got 8" of snow on the door step, 200+ user(s), atm we have 13 members & 7 guests.

IMO theres no need to split the threads yet, anyway let's hope we have braging rights over blizzy hes always going on how lovely it is down there :p

• Like 2

Posted

So a few small cells firing to the west of the main area in the south east near Aylesbury. Nowhere near here but could be the start of a trend that may help us out later?

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Many models still going for torrential downpours near dawn again but not much till then. However beginning to think this will be mostly rain with any thunder actually from home grown stuff tomorrow. Not to sure though.

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted

Lightning in the bay of biscay is really starting to get going hopefully this has our name on it. 

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Some small showers/ storms passing through the SE Midlands currently, Northampton about to get one, and may affect towards Rugby too.

Posted

I truly cannot believe people are being negative about hopes for the SW etc! Just take yourself back to 23.00 last night and check out how rapidly the major storms erupted over East Somerset/Dorset/West Wiltshire by midnight!

The first showers are breaking out near Salisbury in the last half an hour and I fully expect more to follow from the South coast over the next several hours with rapid development. There does not have to be stuff over France for it to happen here!

Too many people haven't got experience or memory of how these situations can explode, I remember them happening in 2005, 2006 and 2008 at differing times of day ; with all the juice in the atmosphere and a front pivoting towards our region overnight it is ripe for storms.

• Like 6

Posted

21.5c and the breeze has completely died typically, oh how I long for the 2004-2008 era of nighttime storms, tomorrow afternoon still looks good though providing the residual cloud burns off after the morning drizzlefest.

Edited by conor123

Posted

Dad seeing distant lightning from Rugby could be from the MK one.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Nothing showing on blitzortung currently from France .Total non event me thinks

Posted

There is a mass over Biscay heading north tonight and into the morning for more western parts possibly.

Posted

Nothing showing on blitzortung currently from France .Total non event me thinks

I wouldn't say a non event we should at least see some rain.