Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Was just near the edge of the storm here with very heavy rain but just a few distant flashes and loud rumbles! Hope for some more this afternoon!

Posted

lovely bit of thunder and lightning here now - WOW

fork lightning - wow

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Just had a sharp shower pass through here. Eyeing the bright echoes on the radar, not sure whether they'll brush past us or not! Clouds looking quite lovely and spectacular against the blue sky as they head away northwards.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Its not often that I here thunder at work because its so noisy but that was one loud rumble about 10 mins ago! Can here the rain on the roof too. Typicall i'm at work and it kicks off lol!!

Posted

Its not often that I here thunder at work because its so noisy but that was one loud rumble about 10 mins ago! Can here the rain on the roof too. Typicall i'm at work and it kicks off lol!!

Looking on the V6 radar, there was a strike in or around the Town Centre and one in Dawley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstoms cant remember what one is tho!

Looking on the V6 radar, there was a strike in or around the Town Centre and one in Dawley

That would explain why It was so loud I work on Stafford park which is 5 mins up the road from town.

Posted

Darn typical finally get an overhead storm when i'm work which has no windows :lol: 

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Very heavy rain here around 3.45pm, With thunder and lightning not lasting more than 10min.

Currently; Mostly clear with long sunny spells and a light W/S/W wind. Temp 12.9c after a max temp today of 17.8c.

Posted

Looking very thundery to me east! Yate storm shield still seems to be active though. 

Posted

Very very dark here now and the skies look very thundery but not even a spot of rain.. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot n cold

So is it now looking cool and cloudy at the weekend? Jeez

Posted

At last thunder and lightning here! Only a 15- minute downpour but it came with a flash and a few rumbles. A post 2006 storm but a storm nonetheless  :yahoo:

Had one clap of thunder around 2ish nearly overhead but just SE.Had a thundery shower around that time 2.50 to 3.20pm close by to the E/SE around 7 to 9 rumbles. Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted

asking again.  can someone actually say what they think is happening in the weather for the next couple of weeks?  on the model outputs thayre too vague 'cool weekend'  'northern blocking ridge from the east south :)

what about temps in mid whatevers and dry or wet or whatever they think?

we really need more regional boards so us less educated can get more depth from those who know.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

I hardly like to say this...we've had a completely dry day here, long sunny spells with an excellent washing drying wind.

Glad that some of you have had the storms and I hope they've not inconvenienced you.

• Like 1

asking again.  can someone actually say what they think is happening in the weather for the next couple of weeks?  on the model outputs thayre too vague 'cool weekend'  'northern blocking ridge from the east south :)

what about temps in mid whatevers and dry or wet or whatever they think?

we really need more regional boards so us less educated can get more depth from those who know.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/80198-glastonbury-wed-25-to-sun-29-june-2014/?p=2987485 . Goes for the next couple of weeks.

From the Met Office summary

UK Outlook for Sunday 15 Jun 2014 to Tuesday 24 Jun 2014:

High pressure tends to dominate throughout the period, with variable but often large amounts of cloud across the UK. The best of the sunshine will tend to be in sheltered southern parts, where it will also be mainly dry. Outbreaks of rain in the north and northwest of the UK will make slow progress southwards through next week, but the rain will tend to become very light and patchy as it crosses the UK, with little, if any, rain in the south and southwest of the country. Temperatures will tend to be above average at first in sheltered central and southern areas, but returning to nearer normal through the week, and feeling rather cool at times in the cloudier north and northwest.

Looks pretty decent, as ever there are model differences, but the general theme at the moment is settling down, with more in the way of sunshine. If we look at upper charts, looking set fair, I would say for the next 7 days, thereafter there is more of a risk of Low pressure edging back from the South west but there are very much model differences.

So in summary IMO, for next 7 days, Temps above average (probably high teens, low 20s), Rainfall below average, Sunshine above average, more especially in western areas.

Temps may be a bit higher in the eastern part of this region to start.

Edited by J10
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I just saved this little fella from next doors cat- he was chasing him and tossing him about on the road as I walked back from the pub.. He was cleaning his face with his front feet as he was sat in my hand. :)

post-15177-0-65251300-1402443676_thumb.j

• Like 2