Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Dry Sunny. Broken cloud. 12.3c. In the shade.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Just had a very heavy hail shower here with some quite large hail for a time driven down by a squally wind from the WNW. Quite unusual for us to get daytime late Spring/Summer showers here as the Bristol Channel often protects us due to the cool wind off the sea limiting convection. I guess the air is deeply unstable at the moment. Current skyscape can be seen from the WSW webcam within signature below.

Edited by Gibby
  • Like 3

Posted

Hailstones here! Was hoping for a rumble or two of thunder but nothing as of yet!

Posted

Just had a short sharp hail shower backed up with one lightning flash and three rumbles of thunder.

Mapantz, have any mackerel or bass shown yet down your way?

Edited by egret

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Another short, sharp hail shower here about ten minutes ago.  No thunder or lightning, but temperature dropped a bit!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Just had a short sharp hail shower backed up with one lightning flash and three rumbles of thunder. Mapantz, have any mackerel or bass shown yet down your way?

I picked up those strikes myself but heard nothing, had hail and some heavy rain though.I was fishing at shell bay, opposite sandbanks last week, had two bass between a pound and 2.5 pounds, lots of doggies and a bull huss as well. I would imagine there are some mackerel about but it's still quite early in the season. :)

Posted

Just had a very heavy hail shower here with some quite large hail for a time driven down by a squally wind from the WNW. Quite unusual for us to get daytime late Spring/Summer showers here as the Bristol Channel often protects us due to the cool wind off the sea limiting convection. I guess the air is deeply unstable at the moment. Current skyscape can be seen from the WSW webcam within signature below.

That hailstorm came through Westbury late morning, the last of several heavy showers between 07.00-midday, after which it's been a dry afternoon with long sunny periods. Quite a stunning sky today though with CBS and TCu everywhere as well as large areas of blue sky!

Posted

How anyone could remain unimpressed by the beautiful cloud formations we have today amazes me.  It looks like a great day out there, when the showers aren't pelting down!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

How anyone could remain unimpressed by the beautiful cloud formations we have today amazes me.  It looks like a great day out there, when the showers aren't pelting down!

Couldn't agree more!Just had a lone flash and bang here, the ATD shows it as a perfect hit. 9mm of rain today, loves days like this!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Nothing much happening here. We had a few light showers this morning and there's another one at the moment but apart from those it's been a generally dry, cloudy and rather cool day with a gentle W breeze

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Some sharp showers through the day giving 5.8mm so far, Just heard a rumble of thunder to the North of me.

Current Temp 9.7c, West 12mph.

Posted

Sun is coming out intermittently now, too little too late both for warmth and to set off storms though. Funny how it clears up here once storms are kicking off everywhere else...

Posted

Finally brightening up now i've finished worked thank goodness after what looked like a rather wet, miserable day from what I could tell.

Thankfully GFS starting to fall in line with other models for Saturday, if we can squeeze one decent day out of the weekend that's good enough at this point.

Posted

Dry, Sunny. Scattered cloud.  12.3c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Nothing much happening here. We had a few light showers this morning and there's another one at the moment but apart from those it's been a generally dry, cloudy and rather cool day with a gentle W breeze

alright for you, I live in the worst area, exposed to constant rain from Cheshire Gap, dry now and tonight, but wet tomorrow again from Cheshire Gap

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

TM would have loved your wet day!

• Like 1

Posted

A good looking sky to the N/NW can see the cell to the SW of Manchester. Nice little anvil on it.

Edited by Stormraider

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Fingers crossed.. Hope to see a few heavy showers today...Skies here look promising, a little thunder in the mix would be nice :rolleyes: Currently 12.8c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Posted Image

^ This cloud's just dropped a massive load of hail... been going for a good 5-10 minutes and only just stopped. Wished there was something else from it... oh well. :/

• Like 1

Posted

Convection index is showing nicely for the spine of the uk and then transferring East into the evening.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Downpour this afternoon. Cloudy now. 13.4c. Hope it clears tonight.

Posted

alright for you, I live in the worst area, exposed to constant rain from Cheshire Gap, dry now and tonight, but wet tomorrow again from Cheshire Gap

The same Cheshire Gap that didn't provide so much as one of its snow showers last winter? It owes us one this summer, by staying away with its rain and annoying breezes.

Posted

From a promising start to the day, to a boring day in terms of showery activity, this is from Monkspath Weather Station, time lapse, just a few miles from me http://www.monkspathweather.org.uk/skyscape-cam/time-lapse/hourly-time-lapse.html