Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 15/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

And as I will never go into the techy threads, I really appreciate it when you repost in here. Although the technical bits take a bit of work, you have made them accessible for those of us who haven't fully learned about the subject. With JP here and producing great short-term forecasts by casting his runes on the fax charts, and your longer-term geophysics, we'll hopefully have a decent idea of when I can plant out and how wet the doggies will get.

Long may it continue.

• Like 3

Posted

AS, my hovercraft is full of eels

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Hi all, just in, over the moon about Wales win, even tho had to see it thru the iPhone, as was at girls curry night, then band after, brill! Struck me walking home how very mild it felt, I had a thin Cardie thing on, and didn't need my gloves.

Felt a bit breezy.

Happy saturday all.

Good luck to me English pals tomorrow, for the ole rugby. Know am welsh, but u guys won the World Cup, which I think was bl@@dy amazing tbh!!!

• Like 4

Posted

Hi all, just in, over the moon about Wales win, even tho had to see it thru the iPhone, as was at girls curry night, then band after, brill! Struck me walking home how very mild it felt, I had a thin Cardie thing on, and didn't need my gloves.Felt a bit breezy.Happy saturday all.Good luck to me English pals tomorrow, for the ole rugby. Know am welsh, but u guys won the World Cup, which I think was bl@@dy amazing tbh!!!

Well done the Welsh, always play with the utmost honour (the Scots are terrible on the rugby field). I think that's good for us Englanders, France losing like, so all to play for then. (Sorry about the Cardiff accent in the middle there)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Hi all, just in, over the moon about Wales win, even tho had to see it thru the iPhone, as was at girls curry night, then band after, brill! Struck me walking home how very mild it felt, I had a thin Cardie thing on, and didn't need my gloves.Felt a bit breezy.Happy saturday all.Good luck to me English pals tomorrow, for the ole rugby. Know am welsh, but u guys won the World Cup, which I think was bl@@dy amazing tbh!!!

it's only 5.9 in london are you sure you weren't cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

it's only 5.9 in london are you sure you weren't cold

I had a thin Cardie on and dress with no sleeves. Cut backs!! Couldn't afford sleeves!!I have no heating on, it might just be me, but I didn't feel chilly on the stroll home. I am probably in the minority to be fair!!Hope sat is like fri weather wise, so pleasant today.,,
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I had a thin Cardie on and dress with no sleeves. Cut backs!! Couldn't afford sleeves!!I have no heating on, it might just be me, but I didn't feel chilly on the stroll home. I am probably in the minority to be fair!!Hope sat is like fri weather wise, so pleasant today.,,

it could be my crappy argos weather station reading the temp wrongly

Posted

Mild? It's 4.1c. But there's no wind here at all. So it feels OK. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Morning all. Dark, cool and clear here in Central London...

Posted

Morning all, hope everyone's well. Today's the day I have dreaded for the last 6 months, waitrose in Dartford has shut, now got to drive to longfield every week to get our shopping, really gutted about that, a round trip of 10 miles. I know that there are home delivers but I can't see the meat the I am buying, which I must see, otherwise how do I know if its any good. Also the sell by date, we need to have food that will last for a week, when some of these deliveries firm pick (not all there is one exception) you get the date they want to give you, well hard luck, I won't buy. That's my rant over, if AS can't rant then I can ;-), wonder how his house is after a young daughters sleep over.

Today, as its appears to fine out, but to dark yet to tell, I going to football, to se Charlton lose again, but hey I'm used to that, been ordered by my boy to have steak and chips ready for his arrival prior to our pilgramige to the valley of my dreams, hence why I need some good meat, part of my training when I was a boy many moons ago was to go to Smithfields and be educated on meat, a master butcher took me under his wing and showed me how to select a fine piece, something I remember so 40 years on. Boy where have those years gone, can still remember the salt beef sandwiches and a pint of bitter, in a pub with sawdust on the floor.

Well the sky has lightened and you reporter from dirty Dartford can report its a crystal clear day, not a cloud in the sky, hope you all have a great day, unless you are queens park rangers fan, then I hope its truly miserable, but I doubt it somehow. Actually on closer inspection its look like we might have a very slight frost.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 3

Posted

Morning all! Currently dry here with a promise of sun and a temp of 4.1c

Yesterday I bought a new whirly gig for my washing as my line broke at the start of winter. I am very  much looking forward to hanging my washing out today and I will now time my washing with John's daily forecasts to ensure I always get a drying day. :D

AS I loved your post about the wonderful Daily Express so no need to apologise in my eyes.  It was as eloquent as always. :)

Happy birthday today to Sunnijim, Bluebell and Jojo.  I hope you have a good day, and I hope these birthday messages entice those shy retiring types to post here in this friendly fred. :D

Hoping to get in the garden today to do some tidying up.  It's going to be perfect weather for it I think.

Congratulations to Wales yesterday, good luck to England today and to Charlton and QPR and anyone else who knows me. ;)

Have a good day everyone. :)

• Like 6

Posted

Hello all

A chilly 1.7c in Reigate, clear blue skies, touch of frost on the shaded grass.

The 3 boys have not yet emerged from the 'sleep' over. Last seen about 10pm clutching bars of Aero (1 orange and 2 green, so if it's all gone wrong there will be something of a mess to clear up.....)

Have a good day

AS

• Like 8

Posted

Gooood morning all,

And what a wonderful morning it is too - lovely and sunny with 100% blue skies - for once arriving on a weekend too!

Chilly Milly, you are quite right re: AS's rant and I have apologised via PM this morning.

Have a lovely day - and good luck clearing up after the boys this morning Martyn!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

another dry and sunny day so far, nippy start at 4.1oC around 08:30 (ish)

On my second cup of tea and doing my washing (exciting life or what!)

Was going to take a trip to the near by reserve but have been informed it is still a bit of a mare due to all the rain in recent months.

Posted

I have just checked the radar and it looks like I may be able to do something I have not done in months...

...dry the washing outside.

• Like 3

Posted

Beautiful sunny day here with blue skies. I would love to believe I will be out and about in it but I suspect not. As with Mr AS, it was sleepover night here too, my son's best friend from school has been enthusiastically playing Xbox and PC games although I did manage to drag them out for a drink at the local cafe before they hibernated back to gaming for the night. Have to drive him to Hillingdon and then it's back here to cook for two families coming around tonight - going for Cypriot style, halloumi, salad, chicken, 'patates fourno' (roasties) in the hope of encouraging the sun to continue. Just remembered we are trying to get the fences back up (again!) now that the water table has gone down low enough in the garden to get the concrete poles to stay upright and it's a dry day - ah well that will be my chance to enjoy the sunshine.

Have a lovely day everyone:)

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 6

Posted

This calm sunny spring like day has kicked me into spring tidy mode, even sorted out the airing cupboard (been meaning to do that for months), after washing, cleaning and such I have even plumped up the cushions.

cockatiels look and sound nervous, think they suspect they may be next.

• Like 6

Posted

Just been out pegging more washing on the line and was greeted by the sight of one of the local red kites riding the thermals overhead, my day has already been made thanks to that.

• Like 3

Hello all

A chilly 1.7c in Reigate, clear blue skies, touch of frost on the shaded grass.

The 3 boys have not yet emerged from the 'sleep' over. Last seen about 10pm clutching bars of Aero (1 orange and 2 green, so if it's all gone wrong there will be something of a mess to clear up.....)

Have a good day

AS

AS, I know the feeling as last week we had two sleepovers in one weekend (sounds like a song) one for the ten year old and one for the 16 year old which then stretched into two days. If they last much longer I may have to charge B&B ratesPosted Image .  I have been to town and the sun is out although it feels a little nippy and as I speak the cloud cover is moving in from the west, at least it's not raining.

• Like 3

Posted

Just been dusting and noticed I have quite a varied collection of animal ornaments...

ducks, geese, horses, red pandas, tigers, hedgehogs, crocs, elephants, girraffe, and a dragon (there may be more).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Lovely and sunny here but a tad windy and chilly. Blue sky, fluffy clouds.....very strange to have this for two days running. :)

Watched a very good doc' last night about the Big Bang and the beginning of the Universe. Planck Time anyone.....? Stretched my brain a bit. Now....back to Peppa Pig. :)

Have a good week end folks..whatever you're up too. :)

• Like 1

Posted

Mornin each. Lovely and sunny here but a tad windy and chilly. Blue sky, fluffy clouds.....very strange to have this for two days running. Posted Image

Watched a very good doc' last night about the Big Bang and the beginning of the Universe. Planck Time anyone.....? Stretched my brain a bit. Now....back to Peppa Pig. Posted Image

Have a good week end folks..whatever you're up too. Posted Image

Planck was for the CMB emmisions IIRC and read a book on that years ago where it was first truly discovered, fantastic read but one I no longer hold.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_microwave_background

• Like 1