• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

109 MPH ALERT: Huge 109mph wind gust at Needles Lighthouse - Courtesy Of MetDesk

Posted Image14.02.14 Storm.png

Yamps, come on, don't be daft. Needles is a wild exposed place. We could all predict 100 mph during these type of storms and then say 'told you so' based on the Needles, the Scilly Iles, Lundy island, etc, whether there is extra 'energy' or not. It really doesn't help anyone, I think, to post such wild projections and then pick somewhere miles away from most on this and any other thread and then try to justify your forecast, particularly as you often back it up with apparent local council warnings/predictions. Surely you can see that some on here have been unnerved by predictions today? Even more reason to be balanced I would have thought?

Winds have, just a touch, calmed down here in the last 30 mins though it is still quite lively

AS

Edited by abruzzi spur
  • Like 5

Could we be exspiriencing a sting jet as it is very windy out there.

Nope doesn't sound anything like 87 yet, if that happens I'll be under my stairs. Look for a constant gust that doesn't slow down at all for at least 10 mins, then you'll be in sting jet territory.

• Like 1

Without a doubt the roughest we've had it this winter tonight. A window pane has just blown out of my greenhouse and smashed. A pretty heavy (and full) wheelie bin has shifted a good 30 yards and the contents are all over the back garden now. Joy.

Blimey......you could go white water rafting on the Orwell right now. It's so choppy you can see the white tips from the bedroom window. And the wind has really picked up, that lamp post looks dodgy...............:O

• Like 1

Those saying it has peaked because it's calmed down where they are for maybe 10/15 minutes are, sadly, not right, as it is yet to reach it's peak, and here, the winds are actually increasing again.

• Like 5

Just looked out and no idea what the bang was but my garden has be re-arranged and I have extra stuff ( but also seem to be missing stuff too)

• Like 2

Wind is roaring away outside, I've got my window open that is pretty stiff and a gust of wind just forced it wide open - I best keep it shut! Lights have started dimming every now and again here.

I'm not sure what it was but something fairly big just went flying past my window and made a huge thud as it hit against something?! Posted Image 

Edited by <<Ryan>>
  • Like 1

Gust last hour from our local weatherman's website of 55mph but his house is sheltered at the bottom of the hill, but as things stand we've topped St Jude by some distance already, it seems to have eased off abit after that MAD gust though maybe that was its peak here I don't know but I'd say that was easily 65 if not 70.