Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 13/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: if its warm i want sun..if its cold i want snow.

hi all,im new to posting but not new to met weather, was always in the model forcasting forum but this one so much better and alot friendlier.

john i find the way you explain the models alot more easier to follow so i thank you for that but also like you i lost my dad 2 years ago very suddenly and have not got no where near over the trauma so know exactly how you are feeling,but once again thank you for explaining the models in a simple way for people like me to understand.

i am also quite worried about the upcoming weather hear in peacehaven on the south coast on top of a hill exposed to the elements think i should say goodbye to all my fence panels now not just the ones that have already blown downPosted Image Posted Image will let you no how many more come crashing down

yes it is a bit exposed up there..peacehaven/telscome/rottingdean..no fun.

Posted

hi all,im new to posting but not new to met weather, was always in the model forcasting forum but this one so much better and alot friendlier.

john i find the way you explain the models alot more easier to follow so i thank you for that but also like you i lost my dad 2 years ago very suddenly and have not got no where near over the trauma so know exactly how you are feeling,but once again thank you for explaining the models in a simple way for people like me to understand.

i am also quite worried about the upcoming weather hear in peacehaven on the south coast on top of a hill exposed to the elements think i should say goodbye to all my fence panels now not just the ones that have already blown downPosted Image Posted Image will let you no how many more come crashing down

Welcome to the caring sharing forum lol
  • Like 1

Posted

certainly going now

typical i take my eye off the ball and theres a big volcano go up today

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/62309-general-volcanic-activity-thread/page-98#entry2930317

look at the bottom for most recent one

must go

nite all Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Due to the entry of very high energy, the approaching storm will be intensified enormously. I am expecting the wind gusts to increase considerably to 100 mph in the more exposed areas of the SE where Red Alert(s) will be issued by the MetO Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Due to the entry of very high energy, the approaching storm will be intensified enormously. I am expecting the wind gusts to increase considerably to 100 mph in the more exposed areas of the SE where Red Alert(s) will be issued by the MetO Posted Image

I hope not.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Hi All

Sorry been a bit absent recently...

Firstly
JP very sorry to hear about your dad and sending you hugs at this significant time.........
Chilly Milly - glad you made it home safe and really pleased to hear the outcome of the op for your "wee one"
Tamara - don;t let the turkeys get you down - we all love you  here!

JJ1 - sorry to hear Southernman is in hospital - are you going to be OK for tomorrow's stormfest?

Secondly:
Travelled 520 miles today in 13 hours......up to West Mids, then to Wales and back to Sussex
Serious flooding at Ross on Wye...and a few other places down the A40 but properties not involved, mainly farmland.
I ALSO SAW SNOW. ON THE WELSH HILLS....(but I wasn;t able to stop the car and measure it) - presumably this does NOT  count for the Snow Depth Cup??????? (boo hisss...well OK guess not as it was "out of region" LOL)

Also had great sunny weather with lovely floofy clouds (sorry don;t know their real names) for the first two thirds of the journey..unfortunately  the moment I entered Wales it was severe rain/sleet/hail/snow all down the Head of the Valley road (A465)

Drove back tonight with a temp of 1.5, clear skies and water freezing on the windscreen despite the -20 screen-wash.

Stay safe tomorrow everyone- I'm  battening down hatches for tomorrow.

xxx

• Like 8

Posted

the raging winds for this approaching storm are more ssw, south, or even sse according to the bbc forecast i viewed earlier on.

say hello to south/north running streets turning into unbelievable wind tunnels along the coast. Posted Image

Edited by chubbyfan

Posted

80mph was mentioned as gusts..no need to add on extra mph for unwanted worry.

• Like 2

Posted

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/Looks like this rain is going to be early :-(Back to sleep nowJohn

Yeah also the area of rain is expanding / backfilling too as it approaches the UK  http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Edited by Biggin

Posted

Hi rach

I'll second that...I'm down the road from you in Telscombe Cliffs...I'm right on the clifftop so I'm completely exposed. Whatever the wind forecast we always seem to get it worse along this stretch of coastline. I lost my double glazing in the St Jude storm, then the glass privacy screen on the balcony went in the Dec 23rd storm, and during the storm on Wed night there was a weird pop/crack noise and a hairline crack appeared running all around the south facing wall of the lounge...as the gusts of wind slammed into the windows the whole frame moved and I'd see the crack expand and contract. I love severe weather but have to say this last couple of months has left me really on edge every time the wind gets up. So I'm not looking forward to tonight's storm...feels like I just need one more severe hit and the whole south side of the flat will collapse! Time to batten down the hatches I think. Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all, another day, another rain and wind event. Hope everyone has a good Valentines day :)

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all!

Currently 4c here with promising clear skies.

(((hugs))) to John, anniversaries can be tough in the early years, but the pain does mellow as time marches on.  Glad you made it back safely PP despite the freezing weather.  And I hope your flat survives the storm Icyskidski.  Eek!

I have very little planned today, other than a trip to the shops for a quick stock up on food.

Whatever you are doing, stay safe, have fun and oooh, Happy Valentines. :)

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

hi ian

thanks mate

incredible how fast time goes now

lets hope the fax charts are on to something

fingers toes and anything else i can cross now Posted ImagePosted Image

i also lost my mum 25 years ago and still miss her

its easier but the feelings are still there

best regards

john

I know the feeling John, around this time 14 years ago my mum was admitted to hospital where on the 1st March she passed away. Losing the ones closest to you is always very hard to take. But time is a great healer, the best thing to do is to celebrate and cherish the good times you had. I'm sure the South east gang will spread the love today (pun intended) :)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any weather

shhhh....

Its quiet. Barely a breeze to ruffle the fringe.

I'm off to MK, Bishops Stortford, Norwich and finally Peterborough.

Am not looking forward to it in a tupperware car that gets blown about all over the road.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Morning all Grey and damp in Reigate, been to corner shop and it's pretty mild, no wind to speak of at this early stage. We were going to go to Brighton this evening for the weekend.  However, eldest announced yesterday his first cinema 'date' and could we go Saturday morning instead. I had been quite looking forward to being in the eye of the storm once safely installed in the seafront flat but, through slightly gritted teeth, we have agreed to go Saturday morning so as not to get in the way of the path of young love! AS

I'm sure us Brightonians will keep you abreast of things downs here AS, good luck to your son for his film date!It's dull and already alittle breezy this morning, off to college I go.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Would like to send my love to everyone today Posted Image Cloudy and damp here at the moment!

• Like 2