Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 12/02/14 19z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Was up at 5am and it was teaming it down, I've had 11.9mm today wasn't expecting that much from "a few heavy showers" forecasted. Looks to be drying up now as the latest precip clears east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Was up at 5am and it was teaming it down, I've had 11.9mm today wasn't expecting that much from "a few heavy showers" forecasted. Looks to be drying up now as the latest precip clears east.

Surprised me too, 12.8mm since 10:30 last night. A lot of showers to come though, it could get interesting later. :)Currently 6℃ and some sunny spells.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Received 13.2mm since midnight here and will make my February total quite interesting for sure and the clearance is upon us now here in Newbury. Could be an active day with perhaps some Thunder and hail, who knows what might happen at the end of the week - http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79434-model-output-discussion-13th-feb-onwards/?p=2938364 Wintry showers behind the main event would be my guess I would say. Let's hope the drier weather does eventually come to fruition.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Belting it down here right now with strong gusty winds too, very unpleasant outside!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

heavy Hail now as well

Edited by Smartie

Posted

Some extremely impressive convection for February in the last hour with sharply defined CBs passing just to the S/SE of Warminster and the edges of them depositing some hail and downpours of rain. There is clearly a lot of energy in the atmosphere today with the early rain developing rapidly between 06.00-07.00 (and catching me out as I went to work thinking it was a narrow trough line which ended up to be 2 hours of heavy rain!) then a period of warm sunshine which has released some of that energy and led to the recent showers.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Heavy hail shower just passed through dipping the temperature down to 4.9c

My met office app says snow for Saturday... Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Heavy hail shower just passed through dipping the temperature down to 4.9c

My met office app says snow for Saturday... Posted Image

Mulls,

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79421-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-120214-19z/?p=2938370

Maybe?

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

I'm surprised by the lack of showers on the south coast, it was a bit overhauled on the forecasts.

Stayed dry all day, maxed at 11℃

Posted

Check out 0600hrs on Friday for Newbury according to the UKMO. Posted Image

post-7183-0-45183400-1393347252_thumb.pn

Might have to get up early on Friday for this rare snowfest opportunity.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow>Freezing Fog; Summer: Sun>Daytime Storms
  • Location: Abingdon - 55m ASL - Capital of The Central Southern England Corridor of Winter Convectionlessness

Yes, another bad day at the office for the BBC Weather YTS trainee on the graphics - forecast: 'many central areas dry', actual: 3 3/4 hours of unforecasted heavy rain producing the wettest day for at least a week.

Posted

Paging Mr F!  Did I just see snow on your forecast graphics for Saturday?

I can't vouch for Mr F but I bet they (BBC/UKMO) are scratching their heads on what looks a very messy picture for Friday and into the weekend. Some will get more lashings of rain I believe, others might get the rarity of seeing a few flakes in the wind. Prolonged dry weather once again on hold, I'm afraid. Posted Image

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79434-model-output-discussion-13th-feb-onwards/?p=2938678

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

App now shows snow from friday evening and all day saturday... hmm last chance salloon maybe.

Posted

About 3/8 Cu.

Temp 7.0C

Wind W 15 mph

There still appears to be general disagreement regarding Friday/Saturday. The shipping forecast puts the low over Cornwall Friday and fairly intense so sticking with that, allowing a tad for the timing, it looks like a fairly wet interlude.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Mullender, Every time i see your post i see R.A, what happened to him on Points West, why did he leave? I think they should of kept him along with I.F and rotated.

Bring back Mcaskill (sorry on spelling)on bbc main weather, John Kettley, Michael Fish.

Posted

About 3/8 Cu.

Temp 7.0C

Wind W 15 mph

There still appears to be general disagreement regarding Friday/Saturday. The shipping forecast puts the low over Cornwall Friday and fairly intense so sticking with that, allowing a tad for the timing, it looks like a fairly wet interlude.

The BBC seemed quite concerned by it when I saw the late forecast last night, the current output shows the first LP on Friday but as it fills, a spin off low develops, there could be a lot of rain!. I'm not impressed as I was supposed to be doing an all day fish at Chesil beach, it was looking great a few days ago!

It got down to 1.8℃ this morning, currently 7.9℃ with blazing post-15177-0-39855500-1370693864.gif

Posted

What a wonderful day, so far! Showers developing from some decent convection and edging in from the West now to mean yet another non dry day!!

Mullender, Every time i see your post i see R.A, what happened to him on Points West, why did he leave? I think they should of kept him along with I.F and rotated.

Bring back Mcaskill (sorry on spelling)on bbc main weather, John Kettley, Michael Fish.

Richard Angwin emigrated if I remember correctly.

Posted

Puffs of cumulus bubbling up here now, possibly some showers developing, the builders will be pleased! :lol:

Here's tonight's rain and wind moving in..

post-15177-0-59277500-1393422770_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

What a wonderful day, so far! Showers developing from some decent convection and edging in from the West now to mean yet another non dry day!!

Richard Angwin emigrated if I remember correctly.

All about Richard on his web site - doing the weather for Al Jazeera in Qatar

http://www.richardangwin.com/1.html

Posted

An early "uncertain" warning out for snow..

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1393545600

Only just inside our region but mulls must stand a chance? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I'm up in Leicester from tomorrow morning until saturday afternoon due to work so fingers crossed might see something wintry up there

• Like 3