Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 08/08/14 16z----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

That's it folks ....Wintry next weekend with snow thunder and white-out conditions you heard it here first from.... triple_x1

Can't wait for the updatesPosted Image

My prediction for next weekend, quite wet with showers coming in from Cheshire Gap, more especially on Sunday

Posted

You know it's been a bad winter when i've even reached the point of losing the will to pop in and whinge about it :lol: literally no words left, waiting for April onwards now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Do I detect a bit of rampmodeitus Posted Image

"rampmodeitus" What makes you think that then.... lol

But just in case it does get bad! I just might have to get my secret weapon out Posted Image  It is for hire and good rates do apply for N/W members Posted Image

http://irti.co/6426

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

My mind is already on seeing good storms this summer, hope it's not hot though. Dry and below average. 

Bring on winter 2014/15 - it can only be better than this one.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

My mind is already on seeing good storms this summer, hope it's not hot though. Dry and below average. 

Bring on winter 2014/15 - it can only be better than this one.

Not going to get many half decent storms without the heat in the majority of cases. Below average temps? Certainly not most would want.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
 latest from met UK Outlook for Tuesday 11 Mar 2014 to Tuesday 25 Mar 2014:

Current indications suggest a more typically unsettled pattern across the United Kingdom through much of March. Through this period we can expect to see fairly average conditions, which would mean spells of wet and windy weather, mostly in the north and west, but still some decent sunny spells in between. The best of the drier, brighter conditions is most likely in the south and east of the UK. Temperatures are likely to be around average, which may lead to more frequent incidences of frost compared to recent weeks.

Updated: 1139 on Mon 24 Feb 2014

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Not going to get many half decent storms without the heat in the majority of cases. Below average temps? Certainly not most would want.

True. You can get storms at any temperature but they are more likely to be the big, active variety with a bit of heat into the mix too. I am a fan of storms and heat in summer and I hope this year will be similar to years such as 2006 or 2013.

• Like 1

Posted

I'd be happy with a repeat of last summer: one nice month (June), one genuinely hot one (July into early August), and plenty of lovely storms Posted Image

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Been a tad bit quiet, but really not much to report... it's a bit windy outside with the odd strong gust, but besides that, it's boring. :/

Talking of Summer time (obviously favourable for a good storm) I'd like to see a really slow moving and cracking storm - as in the type where the thunder rattles your windows and walls and lightning that's striking every couple of seconds. That'd be awesome - obviously it'll probably not happen, but as we all did last year in regards to "the 's' word", we can always hope. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

The Sun is out....hip hip hooray!.... It's getting stronger folks, I have to draw the curtains slightly now to watch TV Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

I'd be happy with a repeat of last summer: one nice month (June), one genuinely hot one (July into early August), and plenty of lovely storms Posted Image

Bish

The refrigerated section of the food hall in Solihull Marks & Spencer.....truly heaven on earth.... YOUR WORDS Posted Image

Reminiscing on mid July last year, We was always trying to hit the magical 30c mark Posted Image If i remember we did at times, Be nice to have the same this year. http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77271-the-midlands-regional-discussion-16th-july-2013-onwards/page-2#entry2739409

• Like 1

Posted

First of all, lovely morning here, deep blue skies... Cracking start to the dayPosted Image

This weekend could turn out to be interesting! All the models are suggesting it will be on the cool side and maybe a little snow to go with them -4 to -5 850hpa,

even down to lower levels.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/b90?day=3

A few days to go yet, but one to keep an eye onPosted Image

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

A lot of bright weather in Sunnyhull (Solihull) at the moment, and not terribly chilly... although it could become Snowyhull during the weekend should the precipitation be cold enough to be wintry, especially if that chart posted above by Dancerwithwings comes true.

Would be great if more days like today days can be achieved much more frequently during Spring and Summer (particularly if the wind and rain this Winter has really tested your patience). In fact, would go as far as saying that this week so far has turned out a little bit more brighter and sunnier than I thought (even if it hasn't been 100% dry).

• Like 2

Posted

Sunnyhull and just turned into rainyhull.... lol.... Only a passing shower!

Posted

Posted

Regarding snowfall for Fri/Sat and even as far ahead as Sun/Mon,

There's plenty of uncertainty, so it has to be taken with a pinch of salt!

But looking quite wintry methinksPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Snow:

East Midlands:

Leicestershire, Northamptonshire, Derbyshire, Leicester, Rutland, Derby, Lincolnshire, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire

West Midlands:

Shropshire, Herefordshire, Staffordshire, Telford and Wrekin, Warwickshire, West Midlands Conurbation, Worcestershire, Stoke-on-Trent

Rain will turn to snow for a time, mainly over the high ground during Friday morning. Over low ground it is unlikely that any snow will accumulate but many areas may see falling snow and slushy deposits for a time.

The public are advised to be aware of the potential for some disruption to travel especially during Friday morning rush hour.

Issued at:

1337 on Wed 26 Feb 2014

Valid from:

0005 on Fri 28 Feb 2014

Valid to:

1200 on Fri 28 Feb 2014

An area of low pressure is expected to move eastwards on Friday. There is considerable uncertainty in its track and therefore on the risk and location of any snow.

This warning will be kept under review and the public are advised to keep up to date with the forecast and warnings.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=uk&from=rss&sn=149045DF-0ADA-2113-5AF7-6E562338A28A_1_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1393545600

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

The Met Office has issued a severe weather warning for snow across the East Midlands in the early hours of Friday morning.

The warning states that snow could fall over higher ground between midnight and noon.

It is unlikely that any snow%

will settle on lower ground. Stupid cut and paste

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Friday looks pretty much high ground only to me. Wouldnt expect any accumulations at lower ground. Precipitation intensity may support some wintriness though.

Meanwhile, a stunning 'spring' morning down here on the Southern Cornish coast. Almost 100% blue skies, warm in the sunshine about 10c and the daffodils are out. Posted Image The wind was very light or nothing too so felt perfect! Really did feel like the end of winter even if there is some more rain and wind to come.

Edited by Blizzards
  • Like 2

Posted

There's no high ground in the East Midlands! OK maybe Charnwood Forest and a couple of spots in Northants are over 200m, but nothing tops 300 which is usually the crucial altitude when they give forecasts like that. Is the East Anglia one the same....

I really hope we can score a cover at 9am, even 1cm of slush is OK, we nearly made it on Feb 11 when that temporary cover came an hour too late. It'll beat 2007-8 if we can.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Sod the 9am rule! I class it as lying snow that day, likely be the only snow now until next Feb/Mar

Posted

Sod the 9am rule! I class it as lying snow that day, likely be the only snow now until next Feb/Mar

I agree it's a stupid rule, just has to be observed for consistency with earlier records, no other reason. If (when) we go BST/BST+1  presumably it will change to 1000?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Yellow Warning of Snow:

Now that's more like it! Been waiting for that all winter. Perhaps we'll finally get one blast of whiteness before Spring ensues? If the low's track stays as the MetO have it then the Malverns are in the firing line. Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Barbmac