Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 08/08/14 16z----->

A.J

Posted

Heaviest snowfall of the winter today 2 inches now a stunningly sunny day at 2.6c with a westerly.Posted Image

Ah that cold blob air was today of course.

http://weather.unisys.com/gfs/gfs.php?inv=0&plot=850&region=eu&t=24h

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well, this already beats a few winters I can remember during the early 00's. I can only remember seeing snow 4 or 5 times on my route to school from 2000-2008, certainly that's given a covering anyway. Be nice if we can get a nice little 4-5CM over night, doubtful though. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

Snow sticks no matter how wet the ground is provided it is cold enough, heavy enough and lasts long enough - seen it happen many a time Posted Image

true.  i didn't think this could happen until i witnessed it myself.  Torrential rain for most of the day then turned to heavy snow during the evening and overnight in Northampton.  Even thought initially the ground was rain sodden we still managed to accumulate several inches of snow.

Posted

Well that was nice while it lasted. We must have had at least 45 minutes of heavy snow here. Now a beautifully sunny afternoon.

By this time tomorrow many of us will have experienced heavy rain, heavy snow, strong sunshine, and very strong winds all within the space of thirty six hours - which is why I love living in this country Posted Image

Bish

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

I take back what I said earlier about the fact we don't seem to be winning with regards to wintry weather this Winter (lol). Was certainly a nice surprise to see that rain quickly transforming to snow. Not really what I expected. Hopefully tonight can deliver something even more widespread for the cold and snow lovers and affect areas where the snow decided to sneakily avoid. :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

I take back what I said earlier about the fact we don't seem to be winning with regards to wintry weather this Winter (lol). Was certainly a nice surprise to see that rain quickly transforming to snow. Not really what I expected. Hopefully tonight can deliver something even more widespread for the cold and snow lovers and affect areas where the snow decided to sneakily avoid. Posted Image

lovely thought but i won't hold my breath.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

3cm of snow here by the time it stopped. The lying snow line was around 180m and most of it has now thawed below 250m.

Still more than 50% of the ground covered here but it is thawing steadily, especially in the sun.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow or hot

Don't post in here often but just realised we're under yellow warning for snow today which appears to come out of nowhere! Also new warnings have been added so we're under a warning everyday this week including a triple threat tomorrow.

Posted

Surprised there has been no comments on the radar, showing some decent showers over wales, will have to see if the hills kill them off (knowing our look they probably will), nocturnal cooling should help the snow chances for us if the showers still exist by the time try get here

Posted

Its been a glorious afternoon after this mornings heavy rain and snow, in fact you wouldn't know either had happened at all - the ground is dry. Perfect surface for any overnight snow?

Posted

Ahhh typical :lol: first settling/proper snow of the winter when i'm at windowless work then it's all gone by my lunchbreak.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

We had a hail and rain shower here earlier, think any snow chances are after dark. I'd rather we had nothing before so the floor doesn't become soaking again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Surprised there has been no comments on the radar, showing some decent showers over wales, will have to see if the hills kill them off (knowing our look they probably will), nocturnal cooling should help the snow chances for us if the showers still exist by the time try get here

It's heading my way, haven't commented yet as it has yet to let loose any precipitation but I can see it coming. Temperature is falling though, now at 3.3oC, dewpoint 0.2oC.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I feel the most optimistic of this winter if any precipitation can make it to me. Dew points are pretty good and still falling, temps are falling...

Posted
Posted · Hidden by conor123, February 11, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by conor123, February 11, 2014 - No reason given

Moderate sleet shower here now and 3.1c brr.

Posted

And starting to snow here, temp has dropped to 2.6oC, dewpoint 0.0oC, wind has picked up, quite gusty now.

Posted

Wet snow now Posted Image

Edit: Cleared now just as got exciting, hopefully a few surprises tonight ahead of hurricanezilla tomorrow?

Edited by conor123

Posted

Wet snow now Posted Image

Edit: Cleared now just as got exciting, hopefully a few surprises tonight ahead of hurricanezilla tomorrow?

Yes, over before it began really. Hoping for more wintry stuff tonight. Got the hatches battened down for tomorrow. Posted Image

Posted

plenty of snow action today in Peak District. mainly around Tideswell, Great Longstone. couple of photos with phone and small clip as I drove over Longstone.post-2248-0-67408600-1392140506_thumb.jppost-2248-0-23756000-1392140528_thumb.jp

edit won,t let me upload vid from phone. ??

• Like 8