Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 07/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Wind picking up speed in Brighton and the rain just light at the moment, had a brilliant blue sky for about a hour. I said to the lecturer...could we stop with the classroom stuff and get outside and enjoy the practical while it lasts! I've never enjoyed pruning so much!

With this next weather event, I think, we could lose what is left of Brighthelmstones most treasured landmark (as have many iconic coastal locations lost during this dreadful winter). So, thought I would share the photograph I took in 2009 from a boat - seaside on the hottest day of summer of the elegant lady, if only to cheer everyone up.

post-18906-0-83905200-1391813902_thumb.j

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, crisp, calm and sunny

T'was quiet and calm, almost the norm

On the evening of Poets Day

With prose in our hose

And rhymes on our minds

We forgot to report the new storm

Then Jo, she produced a small cough

Which then set everyone off

With rain on the plain

And breeze in the trees

And Jo felt she was being told off

Oh and wind is now picking up after the earlier calm. 

Edited by Soaring Hawk
  • Like 8

Posted

Hello Lottie, another SACRA member I see. You must be as sick of the rain with no snow as I am. I have daffodils, crocus, and even azaleas and still some of last years flowers still blooming in the garden. Crazy weather. Not winter, just a very long autumn!

It's crazy isn't it? There's a long row of daffs about to bud beside the cliff path along the road! I would love to see just a couple of days of snow but can't see it happening - we seem to be bypassing winter altogether and will go straight from our very long autumn and straight into spring in March/April.Saying that though, it snowed on 11th March here last year and my little boy and I rescued a few of those daffs mentioned above as they'd been buried under the snow. Maybe that'll happen again (fingers & toes crossed)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Wind picking up speed in Brighton and the rain just light at the moment, had a brilliant blue sky for about a hour. I said to the lecturer...could we stop with the classroom stuff and get outside and enjoy the practical while it lasts! I've never enjoyed pruning so much!With this next weather event, I think, we could lose what is left of Brighthelmstones most treasured landmark (as have many iconic coastal locations lost during this dreadful winter). So, thought I would share the photograph I took in 2009 from a boat - seaside on the hottest day of summer of the elegant lady, if only to cheer everyone up.

Cracking pic, Alixzandra

Posted

ecm ensembles

Posted Image

messy

not sure what the ecm op was on on the 14th there

Posted Image

slightly better agreement

and note the 15th onwards shows a lot of dryer conditions

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

And wasn't it in November when they said we would have 6 months of severe winter weather with snow until May? Posted Image

Something like that ....now we have Stormageddon according to the Mirror, and it going to last two weeks ...

post-10773-0-58394300-1391814247_thumb.j

Such a shame they can't even get the direction of the arrow right... unless of course while we are all busy looking at the weather from the west the beast from the east is going to take us all by surprise (and to a watery grave by the looks)

post-10773-0-91046100-1391814503_thumb.j

• Like 3

Posted

fax charts tonight

but just going to show them for now

Posted Image

good that low has buggered off

but could still change back

Posted Image

another low this time and looks to go under us

again this may shift either way so will update tomorrow night

Posted

Cracking pic, Alixzandra

One of the best shots I've ever taken personally, bobbing about on the water. We were at the marina, I said erm, there's a boat trip going on, I want to be on it (OH hates boats - bad trip back from France in a force 5) So there it was, he shopped, I clicked, good delegation methinks :-)Wind worse than it was last time I posted....
  • Like 1

Posted

Something like that ....now we have Stormageddon according to the Mirror, and it going to last two weeks ...

Posted Imageimage.jpg

Such a shame they can't even get the direction of the arrow right... unless of course while we are all busy looking at the weather from the west the beast from the east is going to take us all by surprise (and to a watery grave by the looks)

Posted Imageimage.jpg

I think the arrow is there to point out where UK is Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Wind picking up speed in Brighton and the rain just light at the moment, had a brilliant blue sky for about a hour. I said to the lecturer...could we stop with the classroom stuff and get outside and enjoy the practical while it lasts! I've never enjoyed pruning so much!With this next weather event, I think, we could lose what is left of Brighthelmstones most treasured landmark (as have many iconic coastal locations lost during this dreadful winter). So, thought I would share the photograph I took in 2009 from a boat - seaside on the hottest day of summer of the elegant lady, if only to cheer everyone up.

Part of it went the other day. South Parade Pier suffered some damage and they recon this next storm could finish it off 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

lol, Even primary school kids know what our little island looks like, if it's there for that reason it's quite an insult.

• Like 1

Posted

I didn't think that Daily Mirror readers would have difficulty finding their own country on a map, now if it was the Express or Mail I'd have realised straight away what it was for !
  • Like 2

Posted

Part of it went the other day. South Parade Pier suffered some damage and they recon this next storm could finish it off

Hey Paul,It's sad, Our Victorian heritage being slowly erased by lack of maintenance /funds. They had such innovative and unbelievable foresight, having built the sewer system based on servicing infrastructure for around 500 years in the future. I have been on the Brighton Sewer tour. There are very little options to see such amazing architecture underground available to the general public these days. I hope your South Parade Pier makes it through.
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

The Brighton sewer tour - highly recommended, they are still available.

• Like 2

Posted

I went about 4 years ago, don't go after a Friday night!!! Too many Curries and the like, you need a strong stomach! I was lead to believe there are only a couple of such tours still available in Europe, Brighton and Germany? And that H & S southern water would put paid to the tour sooner or later..
  • Like 1

Posted

Eww no thanks the Domestos 'Flush tracker' is enough for me.... interesting though, once you set your poop flush start time and location, you’ll get speed and distance stats as well as watching your flush make its way across Google Maps, It’s just like the epic journey in Finding Nemo..www.flushtracker.com/ Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers
Eesh. Nice swirl on her...
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

It's nippy

In Ippy,

The weather's

Going dippy.

And that's yer lot. :D

Wind is gusting now and the rain has started, though not too bad yet.

• Like 8

Posted
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow/Blizzards in Winter, Cool Summers. (I'm allergic to heat)!
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)

A message to all Coldies...

Don't give up, there's still time Posted Image

post-18296-0-65144200-1391818999_thumb.p

post-18296-0-70929400-1391819011_thumb.p

post-18296-0-84392800-1391819021_thumb.p

post-18296-0-11390700-1391819031_thumb.p

post-18296-0-37893700-1391819042_thumb.p

post-18296-0-72674700-1391819050_thumb.p

post-18296-0-10909800-1391819059_thumb.p

post-18296-0-35426100-1391819068_thumb.p

post-18296-0-61256800-1391819077_thumb.p

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Our flood warning was rescinded suddenly "back to naught"  a few hours ago.....Still trying to contact the EA for an explanation given the incoming storm.....have I missed something????xxxx