Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 30/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

the wind  seems  to be  picking  up, rain alarm saying showers  heading  for our neck of  the  woods some  look a bit  heavy

Posted

Back from town and it's very breezy! Had several heavy showers pass through with some hail mixed in too. Currently 5.4c but with the windchill feeling like -2c to 0c...brrrI was wondering about the river by Sainsburys, it's always easily flooded there in a normal winter after heavy rain do I dread to think what it's like now.

I would post the picture I have but I have no idea how to do it! Edit got it to work!! 

post-18808-0-07466300-1391269569_thumb.j

Edited by Ben Capee McInnes
  • Like 3

Posted

Had a mad 5 minute mini squall here 3/4 hour or so ago - torrential sideways big drops rain and gusty. Felt sorry for the McDonald's girl who had to bring our order out to the car in the middle of it! Clear blue skies before and after it.

Had a complete rainbow though which was cool (couldn't get it all in the phone's camera though)

post-10957-0-74599700-1391270404_thumb.j

Edited by SteveCoops
  • Like 7

Posted

Had a mad 5 minute mini squall here 3/4 hour or so ago - torrential sideways big drops rain and gusty. Felt sorry for the McDonald's girl who had to bring our order out to the car in the middle of it! Clear blue skies before and after it. Had a complete rainbow though which was cool (couldn't get it all in the phone's camera though)

Thats good for a quick phone camera shot,as for complete (full circle ) I have not seen a photo of one lol.....I know what you ment though normally something is in the way.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

About to drive into Bude, from my hotel 3 miles away, which is 60 metres above (but slightly set back from) a very angry sea! :unsure:

Winds have picked up here and I think are blowing at force 9ish. The sky is slate grey. High tide is at 18:50. I'd best be off, as my road there is coastal and goes quite low at one point and I won't be driving through sea water. I doubt I'll be able to photo, as it'll be dark. It'll be interesting for sure. I'll take no big risks though and have worked out my plans in advance - car parked well above sea level etc. :)

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

FYI. Some brief words on the forthcoming week, courtesy of the MAD thread.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79215-model-output-discussion-25th-jan-onwards/?p=2915374

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted

Superb weather in Essex today no rain where I've been - Heybridge and Maldon albeit with wind around Force 4 the river was a tad choppy. Still a couple of young girls out with their Optimists (accompanied by Rescue Boat - not needed).

You do have to look out for the wildlife in these parts with all the flooding:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v244/Gn15/Heybridge009a_zps0b2fd1cd.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

FYI. Some brief words on the forthcoming week, courtesy of the MAD thread.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79215-model-output-discussion-25th-jan-onwards/?p=2915374

Cant wait for the 18z!

• Like 1

Posted

Canterbury has seen bad flooding around the Sainsburys car park, as normal. However, its the worst I have ever seen it! Villages near Canterbury such as Barham and Naibourne have seen bad flooding with Plucks Gutter and Grove Ferry badly hit too. We need some dry weather!! 

Yes I've heard about that. Heavy showers this afternoon and only going to make it worse.

Posted

Yes I've heard about that. Heavy showers this afternoon and only going to make it worse.

Yep, been heavy showers all afternoon. really not what we need, we need some high pressure! Wednesday looks very interesting as well, for the worse! 

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Oh dear!

Fordwich has flooded and also parts of Canterbury is closed off due to flooding, the river is very very high even near the town center.

Video later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Posted Image  I too was initially amiss regards the 'pigs' but since understood better, anyway related to birds and food, I too have noticed how much they are not taking from the free food I have been putting out, is that a bad thing I wonder? will it mean less bugs and berries to populate the coming spring?

It will mean zillions of slugs and snails. Don't even think about sowing lettuces or anything else in a veg bed. Raise them somewhere slug-proof and plant out.... think we've been here before.

Posted

A real story of success, gone are the days it was just a passage migrant apart from some residents in the Welsh valleys, I am always amazed particularly when I drive up the M40, you can often see 15-20 Red Kites near the motorway, presumably attracted by roadkill as I think they are mainly scavengers?

While we are on the subject of our feathered friends, although not that remarkable, was pleased to see a Kingfisher by the bridge at East Farleigh this morning - a splash of colour at this time or in fact any time of year.

Lovely sunny day here, a bit breezy but mild at around 10cPosted Image

Look for the V shaped tail - that's a Kite. An awful lot of them are Buzzards which have a square tail... they introduced Red Kites in a wood up the road 10 years ago but I think the Buzzards have taken over now.

Last September I saw 10 Buzzards spiralling up a thermal in the sky at once. Amazing sight. In Spring 2013 I was walking home with the dog and some other birds were having a dog fight with one solitary Buzzard - it looked like a Lancaster bomber being harried by Spitfires compared to the other little birds. I suppose they were trying to scare it away from their nest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

In the middle of yet another hail shower! We've had a mixture of sun, rain sleety hail, hail and sunshine on and off all day here. Spent all getting wet, drying off and getting wet again as we went about our chores! Temps currently 5.9.

And to make matters worse, we were beaten by the French in the rugby! Not a good Saturday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Ireland is getting battered.

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Seems ike a nice storm has kicked off in the Channel!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Seems ike a nice storm has kicked off in the Channel!

One thing I'm happy about, is that the sea temps are going to have a much bigger head start to this year due to no cold. Yeah, I bet flashes are clearly visible from pompey and Bognor etc

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Without_a_Summer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25999333

Could this have a bad effect on us now as it did before?

Just reading about the Tambora and Krakatoa eruptions, truly epic amounts of force from mother nature.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Tambora#1815_eruption

100 cubic kilometers of rock blasted to smithereens Posted Image

Sinabung looks a baby compared to these too though, so not sure if we will have a year without a summer.

Well we have had a year without a winter though!Posted Image

Looking through the models and it looks like we have been transported back in time to a 90s winter, wind, wet and mild.

With the limpet low pressure in the Atlantic, can't see anything wintry for us for the next week.

• Like 2

Posted

Water lane Watford.

Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

Water lane Watford.

Posted Image

I read that as Waterford then.... A similar picture over alot of Britain currently and likely to only get worse this week, not good at all..

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Looking at the charts for upcoming weather, it looks as disturbed for us, as it has all winter, to my eyes.

Is there a realistic, even if slight, chance that any of these lows could deliver a really nasty windstorm? I'm not talking about a St Jude's or Xmas 2013 storm, which were probably once in five year events, but something a lot worse? :unsure:

Posted

Evening all.

Now own up, which of us won't react like this if and when the time comes ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbbOU3QubDw

I was concerned to hear about todays further rockfall in Hastings as this one occurred in the town, trapping a man inside a damaged shop. Due to it's location I would assume this fall was primarily caused by water permeating from above, whereas the major fall a few week ago was a combination of that and wave action at the base of the cliff.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-25997099

Rather worrying given the number of buildings that are sited at the base of the cliffs there.

• Like 3

Posted

I read that as Waterford then.... A similar picture over alot of Britain currently and likely to only get worse this week, not good at all..

Absolutely Mark, Looked through output and comments for next week and I have to say we as the UK are heading for an extremely severe flooding situation. If I were apart of COBRA and the Environment agency etc, Plans now need to be made to protect the public in certain locations,Even evacuations . Its already been confirmed that January was the wettest ever really for over 250 years. I think also now, In any output I will just be looking for that break in the current extreme dire pattern that's gone on for way to long, Winter for me as of today has taken a back seat. I also think that certain people who make LRF'S and charge for them (Not NW) need to realise they have no clue nor how its going to pan out. Some people out there take these forecasts  as gospel only to be left with utter disappointment and distress when reality kicks in. Genuinely as a male...My thoughts and heart goes out to all those affected by this Atlantic on-onslaught  that basically needs to *!ss off. Its going to take months to sort it all out. Seriously need to pray that Mother nature grants us a long dry summer. Sorry folks rant over.

Edited by Jason T
  • Like 3