Sign in to follow this  
Angelici Magiovinium

Scotland Regional Weather Discussion 27/01/14

Great news, for months at work we've had sledges and snow shovels sitting at the front door of the shop while no snow has fallen. They have now been removed. Wait to see the snowfest we'll get soon :lol:

Lol....your probably spot on CMD...quite a few snowy charts aboot for next week,so you never know.post-18260-0-23098500-1393526815_thumb.j
  • Like 2

Fine starry night here after a dry breezy day currently 2.9c and the beginnings of an quite a good aurora across the Firth to the north. More  house oil, tractor diesel, cattle cake delivered .and more wood chopped in the last few days ready for winter next week. 

Aurora right now!

Beat me to it!!!!!

• Like 3

Fine starry night here after a dry breezy day currently 2.9c and the beginnings of an quite a good aurora across the Firth to the north. More  house oil, tractor diesel, cattle cake delivered .and more wood chopped in the last few days ready for winter next week. 

Beat me to it!!!!!

Aurora here too!!  Best for a long time..

• Like 1

Nearly crashed the car when I turned north tonight and saw the ochils silluetted in green.

• Like 3

Saw some nice mammatus clouds earlier when picking the Mrs up from work at the southern gen hospital.

post-13901-0-17794400-1393555611_thumb.jpost-13901-0-32916400-1393555656_thumb.j

• Like 4

Last day of meteorological winter starts clear here. Temp +0.1c with a frost. Looks like a lovely day ahead.

Aaarghhh....missed the Aurora, I knew there was a reason I should keep checking in on here despite the lack of any 'interesting' weather.

Oh well, overnight low of -2.8C here which means a rare frosty start to the day with the car needing to be scraped. Currently blue skies and sun abound. In fact it's not been a bad few days weather wise being mainly dry with a decent amount of sun for a change.

You lucky lot, we couldn't see onions in london, would have loved to see the aurora. Not a flake of snow here this winter, thinking of moving to scotland.

Posted Imagenpst30.png

What does this mean for us?? I know its at the end of the run but who knows.

Is it too late for that warming to produce any cold? There is a lag effect as well which would take us into spring.

I refuse to look at any more aurora pictures as I'm in a strop about not seeing it yet again.

Anyway, its -3.4C here this morning currently and frosty again. Two frosty mornings in a row must be approaching a record for this winter.

• Like 3

I refuse to look at any more aurora pictures as I'm in a strop about not seeing it yet again.

Anyway, its -3.4C here this morning currently and frosty again. Two frosty mornings in a row must be approaching a record for this winter.

One more Ravelin, The Giant's Causeway, Co Antrim, N. Ireland.

Posted Image

• Like 9

Greetings Kilties! Crackin' shots of the Aurora, I didn't catch it up my way, but the north west of Skye got the best views as usual. Sun trying to break through this morning accompanied by a wee shower or two of drizzle. Winter arriving next week?

Another cracking day in NE Fife. Blue skies, sunshine, 7c. 

• Like 1

After a glorious start it has clouded in a bit not that cold though

After a glorious start it has clouded in a bit not that cold though

Same here although the sun is becoming more dominant again.

Nothing to do with the weather, but...

New Scottish Defence Force.

Posted Image

Posted Image 

• Like 5