Scotland Regional Weather Discussion 27/01/14

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some pretty heavy snow falling again here Posted Image

Ha ! Just in time for getting off the train, nice to get on the train in the wind and rain then get off to nice fat heavy wet snaw !

Traffic carnage around Edinburgh Park, City Bypass at rush hour, Amazes me when a bit rain / sleet / snow causes so much chaos..agree with LS 950s altered via instensity of ppn.

• Like 2

Road conditions on A85 between Crieff and Methen atrocious with horizontal large snowflakes making forward visibility very poor. Less severe here but still a few cms of slush! Currently 1.0C/+0.3C.

Aye, had an interesting drive home from work.

Higher stretch of the Edinburgh bypass was whiteout with lying snow building up on the road and crawling traffic. Back to sleet by the Dalkeith bypass turn off.

Climbed up to Fala on the A68 and back to heavy snow over Soutra down to Oxton. Heavy wet snow / sleet from there to home.

Pishin sleety rain here now and 1.6 C.

• Like 2

Very large & fluffy snow flakes in the last 5 minutes and everything is turning white.Posted Image

Back to sleet now. It was nice while it lasted. I think more elevation & heavier precipitation required for any lasting snow to stick. I'm at about 70m asl.

Edited by chemikal
  • Like 2

I was up with the family at Glenshee today. Glad I left when I did. Daughters pal texted a while ago that they stopped on way down for a refreshment and were still now on the road with heavy snow. Here 1.7C with heavy sleet.

Wet snow earlier did not stick at least here near the river. Started as rain but temps dropped from 3.2C to 1.3C as it got heavy. Evaporative cooling?

Anothe rmassive dump for the mountains I would think,

• Like 1

Turning sleety here but about 1.5inches on the ground. Got kids out and built a snowman. Pretty slushy and slippery but they had a ball. Suspect there won't be a trace in the morning though. 

• Like 2

Currently sat in stationary traffic on A90 just south of Forfar (accident?). Got a flash of lightening in heavy snow at Stonehaven earlier and very heavy snow from there south with good wet snow deposits on road. Eased off a bit for now and hopefully we'll get moving again soon.