Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 26/01/14 12z --------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Absolutely vile out there, and difficult driving conditions. w/s already registering 14.1 mms fallen today and still falling heavily. 'Orrid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Absolutely peeing down in Ippy. How long does monsoon season usually last in India? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

As the Winter Olympics looms up, spare a thought for our plucky Olympians who may well have had some experience in chilly weather only by travelling a long way.

Believe it or not we are expecting up to 7 medals in the snow and ice of Russia. Quite a big ask considering the deluge of durge they have had to put up with in this snowless, mild, snow deficient, flooded, windy "Winter" which has of course been Crap  with a capital C, to date.

How will our sportsmen and women cope in the frozen wastes of sub zero ?

True grit my friends.

Wish them luck.

Posted Image

Friend of mine is out in sochi at moment, working for the news, said it's been mild there so far, some rain and was windy yesterday. Lovely snow in the surrounding mountains though, good job!! Hope we do well, team gb. Whatever happened to Eddie the eagle!!!
  • Like 4

Posted

As the Winter Olympics looms up, spare a thought for our plucky Olympians who may well have had some experience in chilly weather only by travelling a long way. Believe it or not we are expecting up to 7 medals in the snow and ice of Russia. Quite a big ask considering the deluge of durge they have had to put up with in this snowless, mild, snow deficient, flooded, windy "Winter" which has of course been Crap  with a capital C, to date. How will our sportsmen and women cope in the frozen wastes of sub zero ? True grit my friends. Wish them luck.  ]

Temperature in Sochi today was 10 Celcius, there are many who say that it's hardly the most suitable place to stage the Winter Olympics.On a local weather note we've just had yet another torrential shower 3rd since dusk.
  • Like 1

Posted

I've now got a hot water bottle.Bliss.And some hot chocolate, I made a flask of it earlier and its still hot.

Whatever happened to Eddie the eagle!!!

He was on tv a few days ago, with some skiing celebrities.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Showers seem now to be pivoting from se to nw. Hope we get a few flakes tmrw night. I'm going for a meal tmrw night and the last time I went there we had thundersnow so fond memories. In fact for some reason it's my favourite restaurant . Can't remember what year but was truly epic. A think maybe 5 years can't remember what month.

Edited by Mark wheeler

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Friend of mine is out in sochi at moment, working for the news, said it's been mild there so far, some rain and was windy yesterday. Lovely snow in the surrounding mountains though, good job!! Hope we do well, team gb. Whatever happened to Eddie the eagle!!!

Eddie the Eagle lolSpeaking of whom, just watching 'the jump' ha ha. Great sports and at least there's some snow.
  • Like 1

Posted

I've now got a hot water bottle.Bliss.And some hot chocolate, I made a flask of it earlier and its still hot.

I've got a Lemsip Posted Image

Rain's stopped (for now) 13mm so far today. Probably more before the day's out.

Edited by SteveCoops

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

I've now got a hot water bottle.Bliss.And some hot chocolate, I made a flask of it earlier and its still hot.He was on tv a few days ago, with some skiing celebrities.

Oh I missed it! I poked my head out just now and it's very chilly here aswell. Even the fox didn't hang about! I did try to chat to him, to ask him what he would say,,but he hoofed it !
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Hmmm didn't Jason t bet his house on snow for 25 th lol

Uh oh,Did I...Worried now...Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

hi bjaykent

thats the one

and thanks jason

i am watching friday night at present

that could be a shade naughty

more on that later

Posted Image Sorry JP Posted Image

This was the one JP was talking about last night with the 528 straddling the country, fax chart should be interesting for this later Posted Image

I'm still sitting on the naughty step JP, Cor just as well there no dislike buttons,From Hero to Zero in one night......Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Excellent post MK! :-D

• Like 1

Posted

'ning all :)

anyone got some honey to go in my hot toddy? no? oh well i will just have to drink the scotch straight then :D

as weak as a kitten that i feel. mr doggy doesnt understand that and still wants walks :( fortunately i took him out a bit earlier, along the 30 minute route we sometimes do... still took an hour though :nonono: luckily the rain hadnt started

heavy showers in last half hour, radar showing more to come from the south. but its still quite mild out so cant see any problems with frost/ice unless temps take a massive drop after the rains passed through here

• Like 1

Posted

Is 2cm still the same 2cm as when I was at school?!

unless you are one of the mis-informed females of the world. who are told by their partners that 4 inches is six :winky: :lol:

hence the problem they have with reverse parking :o :lol: :lol:

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Having near constant hail showers and got a good 2cm covering

Ahem Mr.Jarvis, as our Snow Cup lawyer doesnt appear to be around (always the way when you need one!).

Can I please refer you to Rule 17, Sub-Section 2, Paragraph C, which states quite succinctly and without prevarication...........

"Oi mush, don't try it on, where 'avin none of that!"

Really feel that AS's grammar has rather let him down, whilst compiling the SDC rules, on behalf of Chris and myself, could well affect your fee Martyn. 

Nice try Thomas but no deal. Posted Image

I'll get my sou-wester, as it's lashing down here in Chislehurst.

Tom.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

'ning all :)anyone got some honey to go in my hot toddy? no? oh well i will just have to drink the scotch straight then :D

I've got my bottle of duty free honey rum here but you'd have to come to MK and get it !!
  • Like 1

Posted

Oh I missed it!I poked my head out just now and it's very chilly here aswell. Even the fox didn't hang about! I did try to chat to him, to ask him what he would say,,but he hoofed it !

I poked my head out just now and it's very chilly here aswell. Even the fox didn't hang about! I did try to chat to him, to ask him what he would say,,but he hoofed it !

Did you think foxy might have a good tail to tell you?

I know, lame, and I'm very slow tonight.

• Like 2

Posted

I've got my bottle of duty free honey rum here but you'd have to come to MK and get it !!

just leaving ........ oh. hang on. if i come and get the rum i wont be able to drive home as the hot toddy will make me over the limit. and i am not staying overnight in the dogs kennel. spend enough time in the dog house as it is :lol:

Did you think foxy might have a good tail to tell you?

I know, lame, and I'm very slow tonight.

i will brush that one aside :D

• Like 4

Posted

just leaving ........ oh. hang on. if i come and get the rum i wont be able to drive home as the hot toddy will make me over the limit. and i am not staying overnight in the dogs kennel. spend enough time in the dog house as it is :lol:

No dog house here she sleeps at the end of the bed - even the cats come in tonight and he usually spends the night going through the rubbish sacks the night before bin day (he's well fed but enjoys rummaging for chicken carcasses etc) so it must be a bit nippy out there !!

Posted

ok folks, have a good evening one and all. im off to bednight all :D

Night Mick - hope you feel better soon x