South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 26/1/14 12z ------->

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oooh convection for western england at the moment getting going, could be one of those nights, further east and i will be waiting... It seems ages since it last snowed.. I'm aging..  post-15543-0-06812200-1390769828_thumb.j

• Like 7

I do mate, was a really good event lol! Would be nice if one set up tonight!

You have took me back to memory road...what a day,evening that was on here...good times jBest a look folks for your snow event Edited by pat lightning timmer
  • Like 1

Think we are too far down west to see any white stuff... fingers crossed just a little..

Don't give up hope just yet... Showers are always hard to forecast where they will track and will commonly change trajectory often, gonna be a radar job! 

Its been snowing steadily now for a while. Got a bit of a covering on the roofs and grass. However, one sure sign that the snow has arrived is the pointless wastes of oxygen that come up from Plymouth in their cars, where the stereo is probably worth more than the car itself, doing donuts in the car park opposite my house! Plebs....

anyway, nice to see some snow!

Edited by Beast of Dartmoor
  • Like 7

You have took me back to memory road...what a day,evening that was on here...good times jBest a look folks for your snow event

Hi there!Remember your input a couple of years ago under a 'different name', so to speak.Hope you're well, sir!
  • Like 1

my temp and dew point are rising again now , not what i want to see .

Similar here, though just temperature upto 1.8c from 1.3c. But dewpoint now below freezing so well in luck, just need precipitation to come my way! 

Hi there!Remember your input a couple of years ago under a 'different name', so to speak.Hope you're well, sir!

good time mate yes..lolol...We beat the east in the end..lololololol....May the snow gods shine on the southern and western folk....win this year!!!!Sorry mods....just remembering some good awesome days on here..:-) :-) :-)
  • Like 7

Its been snowing steadily now for a while. Got a bit of a covering on the roofs and grass. However, one sure sign that the snow has arrived is the pointless wastes of oxygen that come up from Plymouth in their cars, where the stereo is probably worth more than the car itself, doing donuts in the car park opposite my house! Plebs....anyway, nice to see some snow!

Same ones who speed through dousland!

Well it has snowed here to, not like your way but a heavy shower about an hour ago started as rain and then had about 2 minutes of snow (a bit wet) then back to sleet then rain. Thats enough to make it a snow day though!  Lots on the radar coming in could be a great night for you but just novelty factor down here but I'm not complaining, its great to see.

• Like 1

Its been snowing steadily now for a while. Got a bit of a covering on the roofs and grass. However, one sure sign that the snow has arrived is the pointless wastes of oxygen that come up from Plymouth in their cars, where the stereo is probably worth more than the car itself, doing donuts in the car park opposite my house! Plebs....

anyway, nice to see some snow!

Any photo's Posted Image

Same ones who speed through dousland! Well it has snowed here to, not like your way but a heavy shower about an hour ago started as rain and then had about 2 minutes of snow (a bit wet) then back to sleet then rain. Thats enough to make it a snow day though!  Lots on the radar coming in could be a great night for you but just novelty factor down here but I'm not complaining, its great to see.

I would imagine it is the same ones, the law is here now so funny enough, they have gone! Stopped snowing now.... Hopefully will get some more in the night!

Quick question folks, for those who have seen some snow falling this evening, like Gloucestershire & West Country did any of the snowflakes settle on the surfaces, just wondered as it seems ground temperatures are now about right, but was alot of disscusion about the possibility of no settling. 

In the East-West battle discussed above, i'll admit you got the better of us folk that time, we will have seen some better times recently..

Purely for nostaglia.... 

• Like 2

do u remember the December 2009 bristol streamer?

fromey

I remember it Ian F said in this thread that there would be some streamer and it delivered this area took a pasting. Posted Image

Just found a pic of it also 

Posted Image

Edited by Zephyr
  • Like 1