South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 26/1/14 12z ------->

Evenin' all. Yesterday was completely dry for me - so lost my 100% rain days for January.

However, total rainfall for this month is currently 269mm, only 11.7mm short of the all-time monthly record. A clear slot is passing overhead but there's another big blob so I'm kind of interested to see how much more water we can collect before midnight.

I sure hope we get a pay-off in terms of a dry, sunny spring and summer.

Passed a notice nailed to a tree by the A36 today: "Welcome to Wellow - twinned with Atlantis"

• Like 2
  • Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9.1c now, double-digits tonight perhaps? It will sure be wild later on and throughout tomorrow with those sorts of Temperature contrasts across the region. What exactly are the Temps out towards the West and SW right now then. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather

9.1c now, double-digits tonight perhaps? It will sure be wild later on and throughout tomorrow with those sorts of Temperature contrasts across the region. What exactly are the Temps out towards the West and SW right now then. Posted Image

9.3C, and peeving it down

torrential rain here at Lyneham.....A line of convection has initiated over the past half hour over east somerset & west wiltshire and is now overhead.....No T&L but the rain is bucketing it down

• Like 1

torrential rain here at Lyneham.....A line of convection has initiated over the past half hour over east somerset & west wiltshire and is now overhead.....No T&L but the rain is bucketing it down

yep am sure that passed over Newbury as it properly went for it. Wonder how all peeps are this morning especially those already suffering with lots of flood water. :(

At the moment fairly quiet. About 6/8 of Cu.

Temp 3C with a SW wind 10mph

I think the strong winds are a tad behind schedule but wait. 70 mph gusts for Penzance forecast for later.

post-12275-0-77056700-1391239335_thumb.j

post-12275-0-99371100-1391239343_thumb.j

post-12275-0-27166700-1391239352_thumb.j

post-12275-0-46631400-1391239368_thumb.j

post-12275-0-58154000-1391239385_thumb.j

Sleety snow here that's settled on the cars, stopped about 10 minutes ago...

The radar returns are showing sleet and snow showers across parts of the SW, has no body seen winteriness else where? Where is Delabole Snowphie?

Radar is showing snow just to the west of you!

Seriously? It did show on the TV forecast yesterday that we could have some early morning. *goes to window to open curtains*

The radar returns are showing sleet and snow showers across parts of the SW, has no body seen winteriness else where? Where is Delabole Snowphie?

North Cornwall, about 2 miles from Rough Tor, we are quite high here, can we expect more?I'm sure it wasn't forecast? :-) Edited by snowphie