Sign in to follow this  
Jane Louise

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 21/01/14

Good morning all. Murky and damp sums up this morning in Uckfield! It's 7.4 so a warmish start compared to recent days.

Very envious of your day MK- it sounds wonderful! I did Geology A level many moons ago, and would love to see a volcano! Have a lovely day and enjoy the experience.

• Like 1

Morning regionnaires!

6.0mm of rain since the early hours and it's enough to re-establish flooding on some country roads and fields.

The next surge of the Atlantic on Sunday seems to have positioned itself a little further North according to the overnight GFS, winds and gusts still affect us if this is correct, but less so:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

There's still an awful lot of rain coming if this plays out:

Posted Image

The next few days have also been wiped out in terms of something more Wintry. Now we've got to look (and hope, for many) that further into FI plays ball:

Posted Image

Don't hold your breath as it's not looking special in the short term.

Edited by Coast

Metcheck saying heavy snow on 29th :)

Is the rain finished for today now? Didn't seem like much.

Morning all :)

Metcheck saying heavy snow on 29th Posted Image

Is the rain finished for today now? Didn't seem like much.

Morning all Posted Image

Morning Steve.

I think if anything, the 29th is currently heading for a light, transitory dusting and then we are in la la land. 

There are still a few showers lurking this morning to the South and East and then it might be a little drier. I guess that although not huge, the overnight rain has topped up the water table and just added to everything lurking under the surface?

Edited by Coast
  • Like 1

the 144 which i forgot

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i still think snow here

but will update this tomorrow

rain first then some snow when heavy and the lower uppers get here

will show this on the fax tomorrow night

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Morning all!

It's been raining here but isn't currently.  I know this because I opened the back door to let the dog out and the cat in, and then the cat out and the dog in.  And then the dog out and the cat stayed out....gonna be one of 'those' days.

Currently 5.7c which is quite warm compared to recently.

Today consists of visiting Asda and the dentist to pick up my bite guard.  So beware until I get it fitted. ;)

• Like 5

to pick up my bite guard.  So beware until I get it fitted. Posted Image

:ph34r:

• Like 1

well look at this short vid shot just outside Chicago of the lake effect snow where is currently falling at 3-4 inches per hourhttp://instagram.com/p/jcoje9Ffo7/#http://instagram.com/p/jcaOzvlfkH/# now that is biblical snowfall

Can you imagine if that happened here? I would be like a kid in a candyshop and The Daily Express would spontaneously combust.

Well.. Atlantic is showing it's face again... I am shocked at how little rain at the moment causes problems, must not have that much over night but getting a lift into work this morning, fields back up a little bit, roads have surface water in usual places MAD!

• Like 1

Morning all, Grey and dreary here in town.....

So the will it wont it steps up a notch and those in the mad thread getting hung up on details of what will happen in their back gardens....same every year lol

those in the mad thread getting hung up on details of what will happen in their back gardens...

In 2 weeks time as well? Posted Image

• Like 1

Morning all,

Is dank a word?  Only that's what springs to mind when summing up this mornings weather!

• Like 3

Hi AllBeen a bit AWOL with job apps and sick piggies......so not been able to assimilate everything on the thread.........oooh apart from JennyJane1 - brill news about SM.......so pleased to hear this xxx 

Thanks pp, sorry to hear about piggies, hope all is ok with them now.

Morning all - early start here as it's volcano day .... Off to the Timanfaya national park to have a look down the crater of fire mountain, the vineyards of la Geria and the green lagoon at El Golfo on the way back :-)

Can't wait to see your volcano pics.

• Like 2

Clearing to the East here now and a sunny patch coming through!

Posted Image

'Till tomorrow morning:

Posted Image

Posted Image

FI but noooo thank youuu Posted Image Posted Image

Clearing to the East here now and a sunny patch coming through!

Posted Image

'Till tomorrow morning:

Posted Image

That picture shows very well where the block to the east is by the rainfall totals in Northern Europe and the amount falling in the north north sea

Can't wait to see your volcano pics.

MKSA has had trouble posting, so she's emailed her photos, to post on her behalf...

post-11059-0-94542500-1390383562_thumb.jpost-11059-0-00334200-1390384147_thumb.jpost-11059-0-89991400-1390383784_thumb.jpost-11059-0-22550000-1390384517_thumb.j

Only joking! I was there last year. Posted Image

Morning all. Posted Image

Dank (yep, a word that's sprang to mind quite a lot lately) and dreary here.

Roll on a change of weather, whatever it may be. Posted Image

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 9

Mornin each. Well, would you believe it.....it's raining and it's grey and grotty. :( Like we need more rain! The upside is, it's not that cold.

If they start banging on about drought and hosepipe bans in summer, I shall pay a visit to the relevant authority and shove a hosepipe up someone's hooter. So there!!! :O

Have a good day, folks and stay dry. :).

• Like 4

Well.. Atlantic is showing it's face again... 

That picture shows very well where the block to the east is by the rainfall totals in Northern Europe and the amount falling in the north north sea

I like the Atlantic, but I also like the Scandi block - but who is going to win? There's only one way to find out....

Posted Image

• Like 5

I like the Atlantic, but I also like the Scandi block - but who is going to win? There's only one way to find out....

Posted Image

well looking at the rain amounts heading our way  no contest!!!

• Like 2

I guess given the run of weather for the last few weeks/months, Sunday isn't notable, but yet again the wind and rain drive through when many want something far more seasonal. Met O latest gives GFS the thumbs up:

post-6667-0-79881400-1390389046_thumb.jp

post-6667-0-50663600-1390389048_thumb.jp

Will there by a real Winter this year?

post-6667-0-72899200-1390389490_thumb.pn

• Like 1

No need to panic, the future has been planned.

Exactaweather has issued a new "Snow Alert"

You have been warned

As you were...

• Like 5

Exactaweather has issued a new "Snow Alert"

You have been warned

I'm prepared

Posted Image

• Like 2