Local
Radar
Snow?

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 21/01/14

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The steak bake is nothing short of a greasy work of genius. £1.40 ish well spent

back in the early eighties i used to get a cornish pasty from bakers oven, they were ENORMOUS and really stuffed with filling and I would go into the public library where it says DO NOT EAT OR DRINK and I would very naughtily eat it in one of the table cubicles hiding it with a book and I always felt very GUILTY.

• Like 1

OK, sorry but what does that signify? the lower the pressure the more snow, as there is talk of blizzards?

Hi JJ1, Its a pressure chart, Given the strong potential now for next week to be Wintry and snow potential charts are now showing.If all falls into place this would deliver a very stormy and heavy snow event. However this is 7 days out so will more than likely change. Stay tuned though it is going to be interesting.

• Like 3

hi jason

probably heavy rain and strong winds first

when the low goes south east

very heavy snow off a north east wind

close to blizzard like assuming uppers are favourable

personally i reckon that might look different tomorrow Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by john pike
  • Like 2

Wow this is getting closer.....loving the wintery charts........keep it going lol. It will be so nice to have something special this winter to make up for the pants so far......

White Chicks is on Sony tv+1 love this film

Brilliant Martyn Posted Image

Thanks Jan, I just realised I have spent so long reading that thread today and getting overwrought by every up and down that I needed to perform some sort of self-exorcism!

We are in Brighton for the weekend and I am about to go and walk the dog along the seafront and feel proper weather not the virtual version.

Will probably be back on later though!

AS

• Like 3

Hi JJ1, Its a pressure chart, Given the strong potential now for next week to be Wintry and snow potential charts are now showing.If all falls into place this would deliver a very stormy and heavy snow event. However this is 7 days out so will more than likely change. Stay tuned though it is going to be interesting.

ok thanks for explaining, and sorry, you would think the time I have been here I would understand the charts more, I just still find the look of them very confusing, but looking forward now to see what DOES transpire next week, if anything!

Thanks Jan, I just realised I have spent so long reading that thread today and getting overwrought by every up and down that I needed to perform some sort of self-exorcism!We are in Brighton for the weekend and I am about to go and walk the dog along the seafront and feel proper weather not the virtual version.Will probably be back on later though!AS

It's pretty yuk out there tonight, enjoy our lovely Brighthelmstone, not the best evening for promenading :-)
  • Like 1

Must be snow in the forecast... noticed just how busy NW gets when the cold and snow is on the horizon!!

post-11361-0-65904100-1390602091_thumb.j

Image to show what the bottom of main page looks like right now!

over 1200 online now!! 

(purposely blurred as images can get spread about, only fair to do this) 

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm
  • Like 2