Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 21/01/14

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

The rain has now arrived here. And to make things worse, my wife now wants to go Lakeside shopping centre... Nooooooooooo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

My birds make me laugh, they are so like inquisitive children, Southernman left an empty cardboard shoe box on the table ready to take it to the recycling bin, when he came back, the birds were sitting in it, cooing.We didn't have the heart to remove them so they've got a new toy now.

My pair sadly cannot come out of the cage due to restrictions in my rental agreement on pets, they do get a lot of attention though and I rotate toys and objects and food items to keep them fresh and amused, last week they had cucumber again, the male is not interested the female however loves the stuff, I have got them some more which I will put in later when they get cleaned etc.

The male was a rescue of sorts, he was older than I would normally take on as they are already set in their ways, and it has taken 4 long years to finally get him to drop the aggression he developed from the previous owner, he is not a bad lad really, just never known a friendly good life until he came here.

• Like 1

Posted

We decided to experiment a few days ago with the drink flasks we have in the house by filling them with hot tea and waiting a few hours to see which one was still hot.

The surprising thing was that it was an old flask bought from Woolworths years ago which was still hot, the brand name thermos wasn't so good.

And I hit on the bright idea of making a flask of tea and putting it by the bed at night, I've just opened it and now I have hot tea without having to go downstairs and make it.The flask is big enough that I'll get a few more cups from it as well.

If it gets really cold I'm going to fill it with hot chocolate that will be great first thing of a frosty morning.

• Like 3

Posted

My birds make me laugh, they are so like inquisitive children, Southernman left an empty cardboard shoe box on the table ready to take it to the recycling bin, when he came back, the birds were sitting in it, cooing.We didn't have the heart to remove them so they've got a new toy now.

Not a cunning plan so you can record numbers for RSPB's Bird Watch? I just shoot everything I see and then tot the numbers up at the end. Only joking!!
  • Like 1

Posted

The male was a rescue of sorts, he was older than I would normally take on as they are already set in their ways, and it has taken 4 long years to finally get him to drop the aggression he developed from the previous owner, he is not a bad lad really, just never known a friendly good life until he came here.

That is sad but its nice to know he got rescued.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

The rain has now arrived here. And to make things worse, my wife now wants to go Lakeside shopping centre... Nooooooooooo

Well if it keeps raining, You wont have to go far to Lakeside it will stretch to your front door.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Ahh yes, the dreaded Sunday shopping trip (or any day for that matter)

Being single does have its benefits :lol:

• Like 1

Posted

Jason, send them a note back saying they should pass it over to Special BranchPosted Image

Im going to do that right now Chris, Roger Roger. Very good.

Posted

When ever I see the MOD word I always think of the Ministry of Defence, suppose they are very similar to the MOD thread in terms of war and peacePosted Image

Funny I have a similar thought, but its mods and rockers and the near battle of Southend I witness when I was a little boy, police stopped it by a very unique and intelligent piece of policing, they took all their shoe laces away. Kent police wasn't so good however in the battle of Morrelli's down at Broadstairs all those hot summers ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning Steve,

really was a beautiful sunrise this morning, thought it might be with cloud starting to move in from the west in the latter part of the night, was hoping you might have been out and taken some snaps as well as your camera always catches so much more colour and light compared to my cheap and cheerful one.Posted Image

Hi,

too much alcohol consumed last night for me to be in a good place for it, as I woke a bit too late. :( I saw the best of it from my house, but by the time I was in place, the colours were starting to wash out. I think the best deep red colours are often 20-30 minutes before sunrise and after sunset.

I'll post a few soon.

Posted

That is sad but its nice to know he got rescued.

After my last male unexpectedly died (just came home and he was gone) I got this male from the pet shop, they had him as a long term resident as the owner could not cope with him and that was why he was up for adoption so to speak, took him in my female courts him so it cannot be all bad (just wish she would lay some eggs).

• Like 1

Posted

last week they had cucumber again, the male is not interested the female however loves the stuff, I have got them some more which I will put in later when they get cleaned etc.

I am just going to feed mine and change their water, the funny thing is they have enough seed that they can eat whether i give them more or not but they seem to really enjoy the little routine that I show them the seed bags and give them a handful in the morning,I also feed them trill and they often sit on the box waiting.

Also Southernman just called, he made it to Selsey ok but said it was pouring down south a the thames and he saw trees down every mile or so, not on the road but where they had been dragged off, there was a massive one but he didn't know where he was when he saw it in a field by the road.

He forgot to tell me earlier, something interesting he might have caught on his dashcamera, a huge bird flew over him on the a12 at Colchester he thought it was an escaped eagle!

• Like 1

Posted

Same here, rain coming down, which means the windscreen crack from Monday's frost isn't going to get fixed, as the chap from Autoglass says he can't do it in the rain (hmmm, what a winter they must have had!). 

Hoping for a cosy day indoors, but son and dog are already starting to nag for what we are doing later, and Nadal's injured in the tennis so husband is depressed, so overall, rain or no rain, I'll be outside at some point. Perhaps we can make it a third in our 'walk along the river towpath into Kingston, can't walk back because it's flooded in an hour' series!

Walking back last week: 

post-8993-0-15187800-1390733063_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Posted

Jason, send them a note back saying they should pass it over to Special BranchPosted Image

All done, However I did add that they will get to the "Root" of it.Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm Summers & Mild Winters

Not a perfect time for Man Flu to strike.  Posted Image .  Hopefully a colder week will kill off a lot of the winter bugs.  Loads of people i know have sickness bugs and colds.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Netweather and raintoday radars haven't updated since 10am - any ideas why?

I was just about to ask the same thing, it's driving me nuts!

Also, it's started spitting here in Benfleet, and I can see a few white specks coming down here and there too! Tonight will be interesting :)

Edited by Essex Easterly.

Posted

I was just about to ask the same thing, it's driving me nuts!

Also, it's started spitting here in Benfleet, and I can see a few white specks coming down here and there too! Tonight will be interesting Posted Image

my rain   alarm working  fine  with all that rain heading our way wish is was  not  looks a  bit  wet

Posted

I am just going to feed mine and change their water, the funny thing is they have enough seed that they can eat whether i give them more or not but they seem to really enjoy the little routine that I show them the seed bags and give them a handful in the morning,I also feed them trill and they often sit on the box waiting.

Growing up in the family home we had ducks and chickens (over a hundred) and all were pets and super tame, would think nothing of a duck or chicken popping in to the house and sitting on your lap whilst watching the TV, normally next to one of the cats, but we did have a barn owl, she was fantastic and sat on the curtain rail in the lounge so she could see everything, and would swoop down if you offered up a day old chick for a bite to eat, we never had to bother with gauntlets or such, she was that good.

• Like 6

Posted

Heh the netweather radar is not having a good day. 10:00 LOADS of rain, 10:10 LOADS of rain, 10:15 onwards few tiny specks of rain. I did manage to get a 10:45 image just now but it's gone again.