Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

February 2014 CET Forecasts

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Fairly mild 1st half ,possibly colder second half to cancel out the milder 1st half so on that basis i will go for an average month overall. 4.5c for me please

Posted

6.4 unfortunately.

Well your Winter forecast has been pretty good so far so I fear you will probably be correct for February. It was unfortunate that the cold failed this month but there has at least been some attempts. Edited by Don
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Will go for 5.2*C please.

Although a lot can change, just can't really see it being a particularly cold month overall (unless a comet randomly falls from space and strikes the Canadian Polar Vortex with a Greenland block forming...).

• Like 1

Posted

Ok, time for my guess and I will go for a mild 5.6C please.

I think February will generally see a continuation of what we've seen so far this Winter but perhaps drier around mid month but mild, especially in the south.  I think there is a chance we could see something colder and wintry develop towards the end of the month but nothing significant. However, I think there could be some snow especially in northern and eastern areas.  I don't expect much snow in southern and western parts though apart from maybe the far south east.  My thinking is possibly something reminiscent of late February 1993. 

One of my reasons for this potential cold snap is because some mild winters in the past have featured cold snaps towards the end of February and the fact that very few of us have seen anything wintry so far, it would be unusual not to see anything cold throughout the whole Winter.

This cold snap should prevent February returning a notably mild CET.  However, if it fails to come off, we could easily be looking at a 6C+ CET.  That's my take on rounding off this stinker of a Winter!

Edited by Don
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Back when i made my prediction it looked like the stratosphere was going to make me look a little stupid. I'm now confident my initial prediction is a good one. 5.4C.

Posted

Another mild one to finish off this dreadful winter.

6.3C

Edited by reef
  • Like 1