Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Myself plus son were very much enjoying the frosty car and misty river this morning when I noticed a very long line growing across the windscreen... ah yes, the chip that Autoglass have very regularly been advertising, including repeatedly this morning, that I need to fix before it becomes a crack... buckled under the frost and took over the whole screen. Returned home to take hubbie's car and have a late arrival at work and school. Did look lovely though (the frosty countryside that is) and great to have a return of the pre-mid December frosts, feels wintry again getting us all excited about the snow prospects in the next few weeks.

Have a lovely wintry day everyone.

• Like 4

Posted

WHat a lovely morning - instead of seeing muddy and flooded fields on the way to work, everything was a crisp white, all the way into London :) It actually feels like, you know, WINTER! :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Nah.....not fussed about snow now. If it happens, it happens but not going to go on about it. I am looking forward to possibly having lots of storms this year. (I hope) Warm, sultry days followed by night time storms and rain (so as not to have a drought) and that lovely, misty greyness that precedes storms when everything stands out in stark relief and everything is still and dreamlike; like you're the only one alive and just waiting for something to happen and the air is charged.....and........eh! what?

Ah, fantasising again, Gooseums. :D

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all.

Tis a cold looking day out there, not been outside yet, today is my RDO (to make up for weekend cover) so trying to defrost the small freezer as it is nigh on taking over in there, talking of frost it is lingering outside in the shade but starting to lift, at 08:00 this morning it was -0.6oC and just before 09:00 it bototmed out at -0.7oC, thanks to the clear calm sunny sky that has now risen to +1.4oC and the thin viel of mist earlier has now also gone.

Hope you all have a fab day (even if it is a Monday).

• Like 1

Posted

Yay, sun has come out here at London Southbank. Posted Image Might go for a walk along the river at lunchtime to blow the old cobwebs away!

• Like 5

Posted

Think I need to drag the freezer outside the frost is going quicker out there than it is in freezer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Are you on a sun lounger with your camera? 90 degrees out and all that. :DActually, where are you? I know it's abroad and there was talk of volcanoes etc., but I seem to have missed your destination.

There is a reason the photo was on its side .....post-10773-0-03609600-1390219030_thumb.jI'm at Los Zocos - Costa Teguise it's very warm and sunny, saw the Met O warning for fog lol Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Lot of ice on the car this morning.

Temps have definately dropped a bit.

Posted

I think the term "wrong side of marginal" is going to be used so so much over the next few weeks..

As long as the term 'deep drifting snow' comes after it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

I just had my first proper look in the Modness threads and at the output for quite some time.

Hopefully we will get a clearer picture towards the end of the week what next week has to come, it is so up in the air right now. Have to say it's the first time this winter I have looked and thought 'maybe' we will actually see the snow and cold that it is tempting us with, any previous indications always seemed like the models teasing us rather than something that would verify.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any weather

bloody lovely out - great barford cloud mchine doing its best to pump fluffy clouds intoo an empty sky.

Good job its waste product is electricity though....

Posted

No I think it will be "cold rain" Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

If this winter is anything to go by, you will probably be right! 

I'm not sure if we have been spoiled snow wise the past 4-5 winters which makes this one seem extra dismal or not?

One thing for sure is, this winter had better not be a trend for winters to come.  Not sure I could stand another snow drought like we did following the winter of 1991 until 2008/09!

Mind you, that said, we did trade in the snowy winters for thundery summers during that time - and I would love to have plumes that develope into proper long lasting thunderstorms this year.  There was something about watching storms develop in France travelling to this little corner of the world (and not dying out in the channel)

Edited by snow raven
  • Like 2

Posted

Afternoon all,

fantastic day out today, infact it is quite warm in the sun, not sure if I want to see a winter now as seen a few bees out on my walk into town (and a bluebottle mind), the daffs are rising (already 4" out of the ground) so wondering what else has risen that a return to cold would hamper or kill?

Posted

OK starting to really cool down again here now as the sun sets, do not think we will have to wait too long till the frost (and fog/mist) returns this evening.

dropped from 7.9oC to 6.5oC in the shed outside in less than an hour.  (online area temp for the warmest part of the afternoon today was flagging close to 9oC at one point).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

What time is the snow coming?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

MOD thread forecasting (thanks to Ian Ferguson) any colder spell being brought to a shuddering halt by heavy and prolonged rain Friday night/Saturday morning - thought I'd provide a heads-up for those here who need to know for reasons of flood risk.

Posted

Afternoon all

Latest from Fergieweather just posted on the MOD thread, doesn't sound very promising for snow down here or for anything other than a couple of colder days.... and, rather miserably, MORE rain!

"Aside from the snow already in existing forecast expectations Tues-Weds (for northern uplands, significant in some areas), plus some transient amounts late Fri (just a 10-15% chance of colder air lingering long enough in extreme east to make this any more noteworthy), it's the rain amounts later Fri overnight into Sat that catch the eye and forecast emphasis. Either way, good confidence now on the westerly 'breakthrough' post-Friday, albeit exact rapidity still unclear, but the end result well signalled across all operational centres. "

Still, it was a stunning sight this morning to see hoar frost coating the grass and the trees. Actually looked and felt like a winter's day.

• Like 4