Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Do you think the 'L' on this chart off Norway stands for limit - i.e. block will come no further east than this point LOL!Posted Image

Posted ImageECM0-72l.GIF

I think the chart is laughing at the mad thread, but forgot to add OL to the L.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

snoozy time, night all.

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

again

take your pick 24th-25th onwards

these are actually looking colder now 27th onwards Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

think tomorrow might be worse than today

i could do a ramp tonight

but going to bed now as my brain is battered Posted Image

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gefs_cartes.php?ech=192&code=3&mode=0&carte=0

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gefs_cartes.php?ech=192&code=3&mode=1&carte=0

oh ok then heres p3

that will do nicelyPosted Image

• Like 4

A rather cold morning here for this winter with a temperature of -1.3c, too dark to see if there is any fog although I am getting ready to remove the ice from the car. Looking at last nights thread I think we have enough material to have someone to do thirty minutes of fish jokes. I once tried to post something in the model thread and really felt out of my depth and made a real sprat of myself.

See you later

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all, frost on the cars, but that seem to be all, everywhere else dry, no fog or fish jokes from me today. Here's hoping for a colder more settled spell of weather. If the cold does arrive and stays then hopefully eventually some white fluffy stuff will, but get the cold in plaice first :-)

If you want to try the MOD thread, suggest you do now as they are not arguing and seemed to be in agreement that the models are getting there act together, no doubt it will all go wrong when tiredness creeps in later this morning.

Here's hoping you all have a great day.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all. Air frost here, dying of shock Posted Image

Posted

Morning all!  A chilly 1c here today.  It's frosty outside, so gotta scrape the car.

Happy birthday today to Bigsnowflake 

Hope everyone has a good day. :)

Lovely pics there, Coast. :)

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all, frost on the cars, but that seem to be all, everywhere else dry, no fog or fish jokes from me today. Here's hoping for a colder more settled spell of weather. If the cold does arrive and stays then hopefully eventually some white fluffy stuff will, but get the cold in plaice first :-)If you want to try the MOD thread, suggest you do now as they are not arguing and seemed to be in agreement that the models are getting there act together, no doubt it will all go wrong when tiredness creeps in later this morning.Here's hoping you all have a great day.

That cos the main mishogs aint up yet

• Like 1

Posted

The mad thread seems happier this morning, there seems to be some westward movement in the models, scared to go in there later in case things move slightly east again lol. Might be a fun read though.

Posted

That cos the main mishogs aint up yet

I did notice that, perhaps a few banning orders went out, you can only hope. Shame it degenerates so quickly, must be terrible to try to moderate.Whilst not being able to contribute re the models etc., I have seen the situation occur many times throughout my life, and I must admit to getting a little excited by this block and the battleground scenario, I remember many times that the Atlantic is forecast to charge through the block, and many times when the block holds and winter commences, the classic was 62 (no I am not saying we are in for a winter like that because we are not) but this scenario played out so many times that winter. I just got this gut feeling that for a while this block could make it interesting, if I had to guess and it would be a total guess the rain band for mid week will either stall over the midlands or not get past Ireland. Thus letting the cold flow into the south east by Friday / Saturday. Don't know if snow would arrive, but if it does then it would be a few days after the initial cold push west. How about that for a non technical rant, all based upon my (large) gut feeling and a little bit of past experience. Now watch it all go down the drain.Apologise for breaking my rule re posting non weather related rubbish, just wondered what it would feel like, think I will be going back to normal shortly.Have a nice day. Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 7

Posted

It was actually quite nice to scrape the frozen dew off the car windscreen this morning and although my hands burned for a while, at least it's a bit more seasonal. Hovered around freezing through Sussex and a couple of patches around the back roads saw the big yellow traction control light illuminate while I gathered together a tonne and a half of sideways SAAB and pumped a few extra litres of O+ around the heart! 

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Hoping for a change from the wind and rain now. Hopefully it will turn colder so I can take delight in coming home, sticking on the fire and getting under the blanket.

Also it would be lovely if the gritters forgot to go out one night and we had a huge snowstorm meaning everyone gets a snowday.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Certainly frosty enough here this morning - cars, roofs, grass and all white. Phone seems to reckon it's 0C so not sure what it went down to or if this is the minimum.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

Morning everyone

I had my first frost of the winter so far for my location :-)

I don't mind clearing the screen of ice, cup of tea while the engine warms up is easy lol

So will we finally see some snow this winter next week... Dam well hope so.

HI LukeyG, bit early to write winter off, not even in Feb yet and still some potential in the charts! If we get to the middle of March with no snow then I will happily look for warm spring weather.Posted Image

Amazing how pretty a little bit of frost can be on what are usually mundane leaves at this time of year.Posted Image

Posted Imagefrosty 003.JPG Posted Imagefrosty 004.JPG Posted Imagefrosty 006.JPG

Not writing it off at all, I just would not personally like any snow now... Being a buyer for a construction company it is my duty to make sure delivers get to site smoothly, the men on site have what they need to continue building and make sure I meet delivery times.. Snow.. Is now longer a thing for me now :( It would make my life HELL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Morning all

A crisp frosty start to the day here.  Just what is needed to blow the cobwebs away on a Monday morning ;-)

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all,

It actually felt like it was winter this morning whilst scraping the ice off the windows of my car (and indeed on the inside of my car!)  It was showing minus 2 on the car temperature.

I am hoping to see some blue skies and sunshine today - it's currently mainly cloudy here at London Southbank.

JennyJane1, sorry to hear about Southernman's TIA - I hope he recovers soon and snowlady36, I am pleased your son had a lovely birthday, even without some snow.  Hopefully February will deliver a late Birthday pressie!

Have a good day Posted Image (even if it is still only Monday morning!)

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Brrrrrr! It's a tad chilly this morning. Had to fling warm water at the car windscreen.

Niece came back from her jolly in Paris and the weather was mild and sunny over there at the week end. :)

Hope you all have a good start to the week. :)

• Like 5

Posted

Morning all,

Beautiful frosty start to the day. hopefully it will stop the onslaught of weeds in my garden which this mild winter so far has encouraged.

Wishing everyone a good week

• Like 7

Posted

Mornin each. Brrrrrr! It's a tad chilly this morning. Had to fling warm water at the car windscreen.

Niece came back from her jolly in Paris and the weather was mild and sunny over there at the week end. Posted Image

Hope you all have a good start to the week. Posted Image

Hot water is not really the best method, I've seen a wind screen crack using that method.

http://www.greenflag.com/help/drivingguide_frozen_windscreen.html

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

Not too fussed whether we get snow or not now. Just hoping for drier weather personally. This might tie in with more 'seasonal' weather anyway. :)

Having said that, if drier ended up being North Sea muck, I'll be the first in here whingeing! :unsure:

• Like 6