Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 14/1/14 21z ------->

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to believe it's a year since your Dad passed away Pom, nice of him to send a snow shower to cheer you up though.

Certainly interesting next week after Sunday's storm. How far West will the cold air get, will the Atlantic be held at bay, still to close to call for me.

• Like 1

So while the model thread is creaming the panties our little Ireland thread is fast asleep with some members including myself thinking....oh no not an Easterly!! Hate Easterlies but some of you will do very well out of this! Don't even go near the model thread if you want to keep your sanity!Posted Image

It's not a dodgy ECM at all though. It's still quite good, just not as brilliant as the UKMO or GEM were. Even the Jap model was great. Plenty of time for miniscule changes that will effect localities. Important thing is to get the cold in first!!! Longer term suggestions of an attack of cold from the NW afterwards, bizarre synoptics! But very pleasing on the eye! More of an immediate concern is late Sat into Sun and storm force winds...I guess snow is all consuming!

You have to laugh at the model thread ! In meltdown as they look now to miss out on there copious snow that was predicted for next week. Only ukmo on board for a good dump of snow. Does the phrase don't count your chickens before they hatch come to mind! All in all good entertainment over there and that's wHat it's all about.

• Like 1

Like Ronan not impressed by the prospect of an Easterly. Have to laugh over on Model thread, amazing how no matter how the charts are interpreted by the professionals people can still remain convinced that the next ice age is about to arrive.!!

A squall line passed through here a short while ago,very heavy rain and strong winds for a few minutes.

The coming week looks to be on the chilly side but i think if there is to be any wintery stuff it will be reserved for the hills mostly. Though its difficult to really get a grasp on what might tanspire the way the models are atm. All it would take is one decent upgrade and you never know what might happen.

• Like 1

Wild out there right now, and expect the MOD thread to go full melt down after the 00z UKMO showing the block holding firmer...

Some sleet earlier yesterday. Interesting weather watching anyway!

The Euro4 model which replaced the NAE a number of weeks ago shows many of the showers this evening turning to snow. Some accumulations being predicted also mostly over hills by the looks of it.

I wonder how accurate it will be.

post-6445-0-64950300-1390731240_thumb.gi

post-6445-0-17778700-1390731834_thumb.gi

From Met Eireann

Some bright spells, but frequent squally showers of rain or hail, with a few sleet or snow showers in places this afternoon and evening, especially so on hills. Some local thunder is likely also. Top afternoon temperatures of just 3 to 6 C.