Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 10/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and plenty of it.

Hi AS,

I remember driving back from Dundee sometime in the 1980's during heavy snow and before I had driven a half mile had to pull over as the windscreen just iced over. All vehicles and lorries had to do the same and it was treacherous and much worse than anything I'd seen down South. When I got back to London people were oblivious to any bad weather in Scotland and it may me realise then, and may times since, that we seem to live in two different worlds north to south UK with gradients in between but, back then, it was not even mentioned on the news which am axed me at the time.

• Like 1

Posted

ecm london ensembles

Posted Image

look at the 15th

clear spread there

the mean runs are right at the top temps wise again

a lot of much colder ensembles

hence the yellow line mean looking fairly chilly

wind

Posted Image

spread on the 15th again

rain

Posted Image

this shows some rain

but no atlantic onslaught here

Edited by john pike
  • Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

the fax chart is not that much different  to the above ensemble

be nice

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gefs_cartes.php?code=20&ech=120&mode=0&carte=0

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gefs_cartes.php?ech=192&code=20&mode=0&carte=0

may as well take that as my ramp charts though

because at present i cannot predict after 120 at present

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Created this from the keyboard - won't load as text file (tried in profile) so putting screen image..

post-11361-0-61271300-1389411199_thumb.p

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm
  • Like 3

Posted

Morning all, hope everyone's is well, I'm not, can't shake of this bug, had it four weeks now, wife moaning at me to go to doctors, what's the point, you can't have antibiotics. That's my moan over, well unless the mighty Charlton lose today. Hopefully we will play, all this rain hasn't helped as a drain has collapsed under the pitch, mind you the water polo been fun.

Off to the supermarket soon to get the food, that will be fun, football then bloody bluewater, why, I been good, well fairly, can't remember upsetting her indoors to much this week, I don't deserve a trip to the shops, oops more moaning. Last night we had phone call from daughter who just gave birth, she's coming up tomorrow, as her husband wants some sleep! Just got to childproof the house, and move all the stuff 4 foot off the ground :-). Its great when the grand kids come round you can spoil them, and then send them home.

Weather report as usual, its dark out so can't really tell, but a few raindrops on the window, but it not very wet out, if you want a more technical description then I suggest you refer to coasts or JP, Infact anyone else then me. Both do an invaluable job on this forum, for which as thank them and everyone else that contributes, it make people like me, who travel a lot for meetings and whose engineers drive all over the country life so much easier. So thanks and keep up the good work. It seems that JP is a little unsure what's happening next week, so I going to give him the knowledge of my understanding of the weather pattern that's appearing, give up and watch country file tomorrow, if they go past Thursday, then they are pretty certain, if they don't expect something cold. Only joking JP please don't follow anything I say, no one else does.

Have a great day, enjoy yourselves.

• Like 4

Posted

Morning all. It looks dry and bright outside at the moment, well brightening, considering it was dark before.  Temp of 5.1c

Today will consist of shopping and making tomato soup.  Oh the life I lead. :D

Hope your day is a good 'un.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Hi John, hopefully I will be seeing skies like this soon in Lapland!! Hubby treated me to a "proper" camera and tripod so I and going to try my damn hardest to capture them!!  Got alot of reading up to do to learn how to use it though!!  Been really lucky in the past and have seen them three times,  just hope they put in an appearance the week I'm there!! I booked this holiday over a year ago, now just five weeks to wait!! So excited!!!!!

Sun has come out here, temp 7.7c (Yes........Santa brought me a weather station....just waiting to see the snowflake symbol magically appear!!)

Hope you all have a good weekend..

• Like 6

Posted

More rain incoming tomorrow and over next week.. Like we need it... 

Don't think we can escape it TBH:

Posted Image

At least we get a clear and sunny weekend before it creeps in again from the West later on Sunday:

post-6667-0-14695600-1389433437_thumb.pn

No excuse not to get out and about for the next two days at least! Posted Image

Posted

Well I'm completely bemused by the weather...we go to the darts every January at the Lakeside in Frimley Green,and because we like to get there early to get good seats I've often frozen my t**s off standing outside at the front of the queue for hours without a coat so I can whizz in quick and grab the seats...this year for the first time in 4 years I didn't have to wear thermals and it was quite pleasant apart from a bit of drizzle! Now the models have backed right away from the possibility of cold at all I've given up, put me sledge away and am just grateful we won't get through all our wood for the burner and have to go foraging...mind you could do without the lakes all over the roads down here....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

Bright and sunny here, cool out, had a lie in so only saw what appears to be the residue of a frost, washing sorted so me thinks a short wander into town at bit later is in order since the weather is so good for a change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Morning  everyone. Blue skies and sunny atm lovely. Still this will lead the way to a real chilly crisp night and frosty Sunday Morning.

Posted Image

Have noticed as well its snowing in places, Some parts of Scotland and Eire.

County tyrone

Posted Image

Scotland.

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

lovely day here, going to head in Cambridge a bit later and enjoy the day

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Remember I am the messenger only..!!!!. But remember Mother nature is relentless and can be very ruthless at times. We only believe what we see and hear, Is it working having an open mind, Na didn't think so. It didn't on me lol when i was trying to convince myself.Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. What a lovely spring-like day here in Ippy. The sky is clear blue and it's sunny and mild ish. What a change from past weeks. It certainly doesn't bode well for snow lovers. :) (sorry guys)

Hope your all having a great start to the week-end. :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

Having the same nice weather as everyone else here. I think I might get up early tomorrow for a walk, to enjoy it. I'm hoping for frost and no fog...

• Like 4

Posted

Morning  everyone. Blue skies and sunny atm lovely. Still this will lead the way to a real chilly crisp night and frosty Sunday Morning.

Posted Image

Have noticed as well its snowing in places, Some parts of Scotland and Eire.

County tyrone

Posted Image

Scotland.

Posted Image

Snow up here too....snake pass is white....lovely snowy hills in the peaks....
  • Like 3

Posted

Afternoon all

Fantastic day out, infact it is "too bright" out and struggled to be able to see ahead of myself in town, and shows how small the town really is, I walked from home (one far side of town) to the other via the bank, went to a couple of shops almost other side of town and back home in under 45 minutes.

As it is so good outside I may go out again in a while, but want a site down for a while as my dodgy knee and back are giving me gip at the mo.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Snow up here too....snake pass is white....lovely snowy hills in the peaks....

Yes, actually it's not too arduous a drive for people here to get there, if people are desperate to see snow.

I always think if people are too stressed about lack of snow, they should go to the Alps, but there will always be lying snow at some point in the winter in the Peak District. :)

• Like 5

Posted

Think the prospects of snow here at least next week are nil, may be a bit cooler for a few days before a return to more of the same from what I am hearing (not done the models yet).