Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Wales (Cymru) Winter Regional Discussion 07/01/14

Really wild last night, a bit calmer now but the gales return soon, winds picking up again. 45mm of rain since yesterday, most of that this morning - torrential at times. Some local roads are now lakes and impassible.

My neighbour's garden door has been blown off, a fence down too.

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

27mm past 24 hours, plenty more heavy showers lining up.

Wind no issue not above 41mph.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms snow sun

Took a drive down to porthcawl this morning as high tide was due all I can saw is wow never seen it so rough got pics and video s to down load just shows the power of the sea

post-11125-0-69282600-1391603975_thumb.j

post-11125-0-54567500-1391603990_thumb.j

post-11125-0-48165200-1391604022_thumb.j

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme and Exciting weather, hate stratus clouds and drizzile

Took a drive down to porthcawl this morning as high tide was due all I can saw is wow never seen it so rough got pics and video s to down load just shows the power of the sea

Lucky you ,wish I was there. I Love PorthcawlPosted Image . Nice photosPosted Image

Posted

Really good it was pretty scary 40ft waves cleared the harbor wall and lighthouse

Edited by dragon falls

Looks nasty. Gone fishing near that lighthouse many a time, bad idea today I think!

Posted

Nice Cb clouds passing by currently on my webcam.

Posted

It is now seems more windy here than this morning seen dallaish on the news the railway gone been on there many a time with the kids

Posted

Relentless heavy showers this afternoon, 34mm past 24 hours, winds gusting over 40mph

Posted

really bad winds up here at the mo - mumbles gusting nearly 70mph again - and we got all this to look forward to again come the weekend!

Posted

Wind is very strong here now I think this is worse than last night, hope this passes quickly until the next storm ha ha, is it correct Friday into sat for another storm?

Thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Had some  torrential showers today and the wind here in Aber is wild!

Posted

Posted Image PSML snow for Monday!(just for fun J10)Posted Image

Edited by keithlucky
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, thunder and lightning.

The winds are crazy, really roaring up outside! I keep thinking a train's going through my little close.

Posted

Absolutely crazy outside. It is howling!

Another 3 or 4 tiles off. The 2nd lot this winter. Smashed the neighbours conservatory roof too.

It makes me nervous everytime the gusts kick up.

I need a drink!

Posted

Funny how us hardy outdoor workers adapt to all this wet windy weather ,i have become an expert in windbreakers and parasol construction!

Edited by keithlucky
    Posted

Tredegar was the wettest place in uk yesterday according to met office! 35.2 mm. Well and truly sodden!

Posted

Good luck to all those going to watch wales and Ireland this weekend.I'm glad i'm not crossing the irish sea Sunday!

• Like 1
    Posted

Amber Warning of Wind for Wales : Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire, Swansea, Bridgend, Neath Port Talbot, Vale of Glamorgan, Rhonnda Cynon Taff & Cardiff valid from 2100 Fri 07 Feb to 2345 Sat 08 Feb
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Saturday looks like an awful day! Winds gusting +80mph in some places in South Wales! Keeping my eye on the 11th for the white stuff....

• Like 2