Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Weather Discussion 07/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

This type of winter so far would have fitted quite nicely with some of the mild, green westerlies we had during the 90's, we have been spoilt in the last few years with some decent wintry falls - It wouldn't be inconceivable that we could get a 'barren' winter in terms of snowfall this year.  Unusual but not entirely impossible.... However I suspect things may be about to change

Posted

This type of winter so far would have fitted quite nicely with some of the mild, green westerlies we had during the 90's, we have been spoilt in the last few years with some decent wintry falls - It wouldn't be inconceivable that we could get a 'barren' winter in terms of snowfall this year.  Unusual but not entirely impossible.... However I suspect things may be about to change

barren years for snowfall are the norm here Id say....not to see a flake falling would be more unusual  but there are way more years with no lying snow than years with it.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

barren years for snowfall are the norm here Id say....not to see a flake falling would be more unusual  but there are way more years with no lying snow than years with it.

They aren't here but we've had no lying snow since the 2cm which fell early one morning in mid November.Since then a few bits on the car windscreen and a bit of sleet in showers but that's it and for fairly high in the Pennines, it's unusual.The same has to be said for the lack of frost as well.Anyway maybe prospects re looking a bit better in the next few weeks.
  • Like 1

Posted

I know it's been a horrible Winter so far, but keep the faith, things will change.

27th showing a good unstable NW feed in -6 or -8C upper air. This would bring snow to most of us in Northern England, Pennines and NW England.

Long way off no doubt, but the trend is there.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Plenty of time for proper winter weather yet.

Who'd have thought this time last year that we were still several weeks away from some severe cold and snow and I'd happily wait for heavy snow in March again this year if it was followed by another 2013 style summer.

• Like 4

Posted

Too much beer ...but either way still dull crap n boring.

Night all :(

Posted

I know it's been a horrible Winter so far, but keep the faith, things will change. 27th showing a good unstable NW feed in -6 or -8C upper air. This would bring snow to most of us in Northern England, Pennines and NW England. Long way off no doubt, but the trend is there.

Unfortunately, the trend seems to be weakening, ECM latest is underwhelming. http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Manchester/long.html

Posted

Last night's promise of a dry sunny start to Sunday has come in as expected, cloudy, cold, wet and thoroughly miserable with the cloud sat on the tops like a blanket.

Unfortunately and as been the case all winter, the cold is not quite cold enough and the wet is not the white type.

Tonight the promise is of frost but TBH, I'll believe it when I see it.

• Like 2

Posted

Yeah not a dry Sunday for me either raining all night and still is.

Posted

Yeah not a dry Sunday for me either raining all night and still is.

Finally dried up here but still cloudy and misty higher up the hill.
  • Like 1

Posted

Workable day today, rain early on has now cleared and sun even making occasional appearances to let us know that it still exists.  Dogs I'm coming....walkies!

• Like 1

Posted

Not been a bad afternoon really, certainly better than most over the last few weeks but the wait for the first dry day here since 29th December goes on.

Maybe tomorrow will be the one.

• Like 1

Posted

-3c cold fire on movie on wine open roast pork consumed.....good sunday....

2c here, central heating on, missus watching that damned ice dancing thing, I've got a pint of water in hand and had fish for the tea.Non if it has the same good Sunday ring about it really.
  • Like 1

Posted

Watched the purge dont watch it...i think if it comes to march 21st and no snow we should purge all the weather models.... Ps two nights in a row dancing til 4am are hitting me hard..... Bed before 1030 with sunday papers....i think yes....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

4c here now its clouded over and very light rain, almost sleet,,,could it be snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Well you never know do you!! ;) thats just it with the british weather!

• Like 1