Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 07/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please use this thread for your discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days in this region...

post-10773-0-22532500-1389103090_thumb.j

link to the previous thread here....

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78961-south-east-east-anglia-regional-weather-discussion-030114/page-40

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Bracknell Forest, Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Greater London, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Medway, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, Reading, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Windsor and Maidenhead & Wokingham

Yellow Warning of Rain for East of England :

Essex, Southend-on-Sea & Thurrock

Heavy showers will become less frequent for a time through Tuesday afternoon but more prolonged rain is likely to affect some southeastern counties of England overnight into the early hours of Wednesday.

This is an update of the warning first issued on Monday.

The public should be aware of the risk of further localised flooding, especially in areas which have been affected in recent days.

Issued at:

1208 on Tue 7 Jan 2014

Valid from:

1100 on Tue 7 Jan 2014

Valid to:

0600 on Wed 8 Jan 2014

The band of heavy showers which crossed the south during Tuesday morning will be succeeded by more scattered showers, still with the odd heavy one. Rain is expected to return to parts of the region overnight but at present seems more likely to affect areas southeast of a line from the Isle of Wight to the Thames estuary. 10 to 20 mm of rain may fall in some parts of this area, with a lower risk that counties further to the northwest might also be affected.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=AAF1B6E0-F489-9C79-FC03-669894A4B7E5_10_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1389139200

Posted

What This Couple Built In Their Snowy Backyard Made Me Insanely Jealous. Seriously Wow !!!

post-10773-0-65154700-1389105114_thumb.j

http://www.viralnova.com/backyard-igloo/

• Like 6

Posted

Posted Image  That's only about 2 miles away from me. I took some photos of the flooding from up on The Downs at the weekend, I'll upload the shots onto here as it shows this location.

Must get down there for some Buffalo Mozzarella! 

Edited by Coast
  • Like 1

Posted

A Great explanation of the deep cold affecting the US without the rubbish about this being a freak event that the clueless media seem intent on blabbing on about without understanding what's actually going on.....

http://realityweather.eu/western-europe-goes-quiet-us-freezes-polar-vortex-breaks-sending-ao-plunging/

Posted

Oh deary!!!! Mum drove back on the road she went to Walton on over Chertsey bridge and in the space of 4 hours, the raod had an inch of flood water.. It now has 1ft Posted Image  The houses in Chertsey and Walton close to it have just got sand bags arraving I am going to go down to the Thames at staines this evening..

Driving up the A3 past Cobham, the fields in the direction of Walton were heavily flooded and looked like a river; there were three fire engines on the scene. As the sun peeked out, a beautiful rainbow was visible towards Chertsey and Thorpe, disappeared pretty quickly though as the sun went in... again....

• Like 3

Posted

Looking towards tonight, more rain almost definitely on it's way for some in the region:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Coast
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

Surrey

I am going to our office on thurs so guess I will be underwater?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Two of those beasts jumped off my Ark.

If and when the flood waters recede I would keep any beasts you have for supplies during the freeze coming our way.

Seriously, condolences to all affected, the news of all this flooding is truly disturbing.

• Like 5

SurreyI am going to our office on thurs so guess I will be underwater?

No idea where your office is? But has anybody actually seen the levels at Staines? They are approaching the higest ever point..

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/riverlevels/riverstation.aspx?StationId=7213&RegionId=9&AreaId=20&CatchmentId=114

• Like 1

Posted

A Great explanation of the deep cold affecting the US without the rubbish about this being a freak event that the clueless media seem intent on blabbing on about without understanding what's actually going on.....

http://realityweather.eu/western-europe-goes-quiet-us-freezes-polar-vortex-breaks-sending-ao-plunging/

Really interesting read, well worth a minute away from clearing the work backlog(!). I see someone has posted a new thread asking about the truth of 'whatever weather happens in the US will happen here a week or so later'. My understanding is that the severe cold and snowy weather over there becomes the very wet and windy stormy weather over here, and that this is just as likely with the current cold in the US; I would love to be wrong and hear some of that cold and snow will make it here, but I've been reading the MOD for too many years to know it just won't happen like that:(

• Like 1

Posted

Flood warnings as River Thames and Wey rise in Surrey

Posted Image

Posted Image

People in parts of Surrey have been warned to be prepared for flooding as river levels continue to rise. The Environment Agency has issued nine flood warnings for the River Wey, the Thames and the River Mole. Temporary flood defences were installed overnight at one end of High Street, Guildford, to protect the town centre from flooding. The Met Office has forecast more rainfall in the county on Tuesday, with heavy showers expected in some parts. Flooding has started to affect Guildford, Horley, East and West Molesey, Staines, Sunbury, Thames Ditton, and Weybridge.

'Water levels rising'

Properties close to the River Thames are expected to be damaged by flooding later on Tuesday. Sally Coble, of the Environment Agency, said: "Fortunately that rainfall last night was not as much as forecast but we still put those temporary defences up [in Guildford] just in case. "But we're going to keep those defences up for the next couple of days because of the additional rain that is forecast."

Councillor Chris Townsend, leader of Mole Valley District Council, said the authority was working closely with the Environment Agency and emergency services to respond appropriately to any new flood warnings. The council website is being regularly updated with advice and information for affected residents, he added "Sandbags continue to be available at the depot. Nothing can make up for the terrible disruption that many of our residents have experienced and our thoughts are with all those who have been affected by the flooding."

Residents in Guildford have also been been urged to call the local authority if they need sandbags or help from flooding. Power outages affected more than 17,000 people across Surrey at the height of storms over the Christmas period.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-25635887

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Afternoon all,

Quite pleasant here at the moment, hopefully the end of this rain is in sight now with pressure rising towards the end of the week, can't come too soon for me.

Have put up a picture of the marsh over the road from us the first taken on Xmas Eve and the second today, water is now dangerously close to the back of some of the houses on the opposite side of the road. 

Posted Imagefloods 001.JPG Posted Imageflood 2014 003.JPG

My neighbour has lived here since 1955 and said this time last year that she had never seen flood water like it on the marsh, well she has now - two years running.

Car had its MOT today, not too bad, two new front tyres - could have been worse. was cleaning out the boot this morning when I found 3 inches of water in the spare tyre well, obviously getting in somewhere but no idea where? 

Time for this wet weather to clear off!Posted Image

Have a nice dayPosted Image

You also have boats sailing in as well Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by PerfectStorm

Posted

Lesson one - never ever believe the future radar.. omg.. it is hopeless 

Yeah I've cancelled my raintoday premium subscription after realising the radar predictions were often wrong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Afternoon all,

Quite pleasant here at the moment, hopefully the end of this rain is in sight now with pressure rising towards the end of the week, can't come too soon for me.

Have put up a picture of the marsh over the road from us the first taken on Xmas Eve and the second today, water is now dangerously close to the back of some of the houses on the opposite side of the road. 

Posted Imagefloods 001.JPG Posted Imageflood 2014 003.JPG

My neighbour has lived here since 1955 and said this time last year that she had never seen flood water like it on the marsh, well she has now - two years running.

Car had its MOT today, not too bad, two new front tyres - could have been worse. was cleaning out the boot this morning when I found 3 inches of water in the spare tyre well, obviously getting in somewhere but no idea where? 

Time for this wet weather to clear off!Posted Image

Have a nice dayPosted Image

Re: water in the boot - look at your seals around your rear lights on the inside of the boot - they may be decayed and that is where the water is seeping in. :-)

as a kid, I spent a lot of time wandering around my dads car yard picking up bits of weird info!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

afternoon all

well another day of two halves here, was woken up by strong winds and torrential rain just after 03:00, managed to nod off and then it came down harder again around 04:00 and managed to doze a bit then it just all came back with a fierce gusty wind and more torrential rain around 05:00 and than lasted to nearly 06:30, I gave up trying to sleep after 05:00 and watched the road outside turn into a river with the wind blowing the heavy rain in waves along the road (well was due to get up soon after anyway).

then as the day moved on, so did the rain and stronger winds, quite bright and sunny out now (handy as I finished work), feels like it is turning a bit colder (but that may just be because of the wind).

• Like 1

Posted

This link has some staggering pictures, including 2 of long-standing and beautiful cliff structures blasted to smithereens.  What's left is at first glance 'ugly' by way of comparison, but nature made them in the first place and I suppose always reserved the right to destroy them....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25639777

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow snow and snow

Working here in Hatfield, it's remarkable how consistent a line the showers passing from west to east seem to be taking..... a line that goes right over Hatfield!

• Like 1