Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 1/1/14 18z ------>

A.J

Posted

8.74mm since midnight......with lots more to come

Could really do without the rain forecast for today and tomorrow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

12mm of rain since midnight imby. 20mm will easily fall today I'd imagine.

Posted

Pouring down in South Somerset since wee small hours, look like it may clear in the next hour, but dont like the look of that large lump in the channel heading towards the South coast in the next few hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Well i can honestly say ive had enough of this weather, house now leaking in so many places i cant keep up with it, before long kitchen is going to be out of bounds. Relentless is not even a good enough word to describe this weather anymore...

The island is suffering bad, umpteen road closures, so many places flooding because of high tides, sea walls collapsing, 3 reported cliff falls and 2 other cliff faces are unstable, Shanklin to sandown seafront revetment is now in the sea, so many guys seafront huts are now at risk of being crushed by falling cliff faces, its endless..

Oh and guess what, more damn rain, what a surprise, nothing new there then..

Stay safe everyone and stay away from seafronts at high tide, we know its fun and exciting, but loss of lives is heart wrenching for families and loved ones.

Edited by Cyclonic
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Steady moderate to heavy rain all morning so far again Posted Image

I never want to hear the word water shortage again! Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

36mm to 09.00.  River Wriggle is well over its banks and I guess the Yeo is the same.  Roads are more like rivers too, and still it comes.....Posted Image

Posted

Just some of the shots from yesterday at high tide, and an angry looking River Stour 1st thing yesterday.

post-16760-0-57954400-1388827748_thumb.j

post-16760-0-56984500-1388827773_thumb.j

post-16760-0-12808800-1388827781_thumb.j

post-16760-0-97856200-1388827788_thumb.j

post-16760-0-39539700-1388827797_thumb.j

post-16760-0-19154300-1388827816_thumb.j

post-16760-0-18139400-1388827834_thumb.j

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'
Posted · Hidden by Snowkissed, January 4, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Snowkissed, January 4, 2014 - No reason given

Lyn, my husband has to travel from Wimborne to Salisbury via Shaftesbury (taking the back roads) today. Is it likely he is going to encounter flooding Win Green way do you know?

Posted

Well i can honestly say ive had enough of this weather, house now leaking in so many places i cant keep up with it, before long kitchen is going to be out of bounds. Relentless is not even a good enough word to describe this weather anymore...

Totally agree, and looking at the forecasts for the next week or so, its not going to stop.

10mm of rain so far since about 3:30, 45mm for the month so far here. Seems little compared to some, but its very damp everywhere and not drying out, a rarity for my part of the world.

Notice many neighbours have lost more fences and bins and their contents all over the roads after another windy spell in the early hours.

One neighbour has two new fence panels down he put up in yesterdays wind and downpours.

Edited by lettice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Great shots there Karlos 1983! I thought Poole Harbour would be a sight to see. Lots more flooding by Candford School, Wimborne the River Allen at Julians Bridge will probably be a good photo opportunity too, as will Eye Bridge near Pamphill, although getting to that may be a problem.

• Like 1

Posted

My roof is badly damaged, got assessor coming out on Monday fingers crossed. Roof leaked and has gone straight through my ceiling, nice hole now, my main concern now is the water tank, don't want that falling through my ceiling.

Mother Nature, not much I can do about it, just glad to have insurance, I'll still embrace the weather as the extremes it offer really is my passion/boarder line obsession. Let's face it, there's nout we can do about it, so may as well embrace it.

Lashing it down here now, channel radar looks very lively!

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 4

Posted

Great shots there Karlos 1983! I thought Poole Harbour would be a sight to see. Lots more flooding by Candford School, Wimborne the River Allen at Julians Bridge will probably be a good photo opportunity too, as will Eye Bridge near Pamphill, although getting to that may be a problem.

That was the morning high tide, I believe the afternoon high tide shut the road to sandbanks off. Poole Quay in the morning saw the water splashing over the side, I've personally not seen that before, since I've been down this way anyway.
  • Like 1

Posted

dont like the look of that large lump in the channel heading towards the South coast in the next few hours.

your not the only one who dont like the look of it lol

Keep smiling will be winter soon (Oh hang on it is winter just a wet one so far) Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Evershot in Dorset has had 46.8mm of rain in last 12 hours according to Beeb weather, crikey,

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

My moat is back around the house again, we have put pallets out to walk on.  We too have leaks but ours are from 2 windows at the front of the house, we currently have the window sills covered in bowls and pans.  Awful working in the rain this morning, I had to peal my clothes off to get in the shower when I got in, absolutely drenched.

Posted

Evershot in Dorset has had 46.8mm of rain in last 12 hours according to Beeb weather, crikey,

Interesting.  That's about 10mm more than here and I'm about 5 miles as the crow flies from Evershot, but I've not checked my gauge since 09.00, so there will be more in there by now as it is still raining.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

22mm fallen so far today, around 4am it was a deluge, 60mm/hr rain rates - 67mm for the month and it's only the 4th. Posted Image

Currently 8C and in a lull, waiting for the next batch of post-15177-0-81848400-1371039881.gif

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

I see the SUN!!  Posted Image

Oh no wait, i see the radar  RAIN!!  Posted Image

Gotta laugh or i might just cry, house is a mess.

• Like 1

Posted

just passed the 70mm precip for 2014 and it's only 12pm on the 4th day.Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Just to let everyone know you should book your holiday and get your sledges ready as I am going skiing on the 11th of January and we all know what that means... Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

As Andy said, no wind today - what a pleasant change. Even no rain since the early hours here. Let off lightly today in this neck of the woods but tomorrow afternoon looks pretty dire.