Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion 1st January 2014-06z onwards.

phil nw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Hmmmm.....that finger of uppers near Scandinavia.

Posted Image

Today's earlier 12z 

Posted Image

.compare, has to be arisen, very 87
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

With any luck, the warm seas will cause a snow bonanza...I wonder what the pub run will show?

• Like 4

Posted

Talk of 87? Seriously guys..

So while the op and control from ecm trend cold this evening, we lack support from the ext ecm ens, naefs and NOAA, with little indication of a strong scandi block and subsequent easterly. Not wishing to rain on the parade... But we have a long way to go before we nail the eventual pattern.

Edited by draztik
  • Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes

I think the models are really struggling and colder outlook seems to being looked at though tinted glasses.

Pressure is not lowering to our south and into Europe there is in my mind a strong likely hood that in the next few days we will see a more Atlantic dominated outlook from the models remember the ecm in November and start of december.

I'm sorry fi is T92 from all models until we see where and when the Atlantic vortex powered weather can break the cycle.

So far there's still no strong support with in T92.

Edited by emotional rollercoaster
  • Like 3

Posted

Yes, the wording in that posting intrigued me - perhaps reading too much into what was written but got the impression something further range had interesting output.

Me too IF is such a tease... :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

With any luck, the warm seas will cause a snow bonanza...I wonder what the pub run will show?

Well I had a swim in Hemsby in July and I call tell you that sea was anything but warm  Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Talk of 87? Seriously guys..So while the op and control from ecm trend cold this evening, we lack support from the ext ecm ens, naefs and NOAA, with little indication of a strong scandi block and subsequent easterly. Not wishing to rain on the parade... But we have a long way to go before we nail the eventual pattern.

all true but as has been said already, if the ops are on the money here then the block will establish. the ens would not be seeing this in enough numbers yet so the mean is unrepresentative. the ens are thereafter correct to keep the jet coming but that then splits against the block and supports it with further WAA to the west and depressions undercutting. so the extended ens are not an issue IF the block establishes. currently, its not the favourite but its close to becoming a trend.

• Like 4

Posted

I think the models are really struggling and colder outlook seems to being looked at though tinted glasses.Pressure is not lowering to our south and into Europe there is in my mind a strong likely hood that in the next few days we will see a more Atlantic dominated outlook from the models remember the ecm in November and start of december.I'm sorry fi is T92 from all models until we see where and when the Atlantic vortex powered weather can break the cycle.So far there's still no strong support with in T92.

I think the models are really struggling and colder outlook seems to being looked at though tinted glasses.Pressure is not lowering to our south and into Europe there is in my mind a strong likely hood that in the next few days we will see a more Atlantic dominated outlook from the models remember the ecm in November and start of december.I'm sorry fi is T92 from all models until we see where and when the Atlantic vortex powered weather can break the cycle.So far there's still no strong support with in T92.

.although no solid support atm, as we know the models (cross) whether part reliable or otherwise ultimately do not dictate for sure evolutionary fruition.they do However give a reasonably fair idea (most) of eventual prognosis.And with current trends and output throwing up the cold fruition possibilitys,It's as good a punt screaming the odds as not....that's why looking for what maybe, is as good as what may not.

Posted

I think the difference with the heights in the ECM is on previous episodeds when it increases heights it hasn't had support from the UKMO when it came into range. However this time the UKMO has the same sort of evolution up to 144h with the UKMO being slightly better.

So this time the UKMO and ECM have blocking setting up.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Tom

Edited by Tom Jarvis
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Encouraging to see an ECM op showing that even in the midst of this endless Atlantic rain and wind there is a way to get cold if the Greenland chunk of vortex starts to warm and retreat.

It remains to be seen if the ECM op is too bullish on that Scandi high but it's encouraging that all the models show a weakening and slowing of the Atlantic mobility later next week.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

FYI, a regional perspective of how things might pan out up to mid-January, hopefully still be of use to some. Posted Image

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78938-south-westcentral-southern-england-regional-weather-discussion-1114-18z/?p=2883995

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted

Quite a swing towards a colder outlook from the ECM 12z ensembles,a big change from the 00z.

Differences at day 10 between ECM and NAEFS with the ecm not having the euro high

anomaly.

ecm..  naefs..

..pub run's turn now.

• Like 2

Posted

Nothing drastically different so far on GFS 18z. Was expecting to see some early support for ECM… Alas, out to 150 hrs, nowt...

• Like 1

Posted

Am tellin you now that we gona see ecm backing off in the morning!!its just our darn luck this winter and if it has not backtracked by the morning I will be in utter shock!!

Posted

Here is now where I would be looking for trending 18z GFS/12 z ECM..156/+240..