Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 31/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

third day on the bounce of rubbish weather. Probably followed by the 3rd clear night on the bounce. Standard Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Heavy rain in Reigate, has been for a few hours, everything is utterly saturated and mud is coating everything.  Out walking the dog with my daughter I was commenting to her that where we were walking was where we would normally be sledging if the snow came, but there wasn't much sign of that for now.  At that exact moment my feet went from under me and I slid several feet down the hill.  I take this to be an omen and that snow cannot now be far away.  Remember, you heard it here first.

AS

• Like 9

AS, I certainly hope you are correct in that something colder is on the way as reading the model thread it's very difficult to understand what is going on.

You have had a busy day today, up at three in the morning for a couple of rounds and now falling down a hill, suppose you must have had  an ASBO placed on you and hence falling down the hill was being bound over to keep the peace.

I must start writing cracker jokes and the rain keeps coming down the wind is blowing at 7.7c

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning again! No fuzzy head here which surprises me especially as I was woken at half three by people in the road outside shouting "come on then" and "no, just leave it" Got up to look as there were also many colourful words being shouted to see my car being used as the leaning post for a guy being held back from lumping someone else. The held back one decided he'd had enough and started to walk away and the other one came for him from behind to knock him to the ground and start kicking him :-( Picked up phone to call the police and a van of them arrived before I could type the first 9! They promptly rounded everyone up and dispersed and arrested accordingly so I could go back to sleep. I just wonder if these people wake up and regret their actions today or they look back and think it was a good night out?Anyway, onto more weathery and therefore interesting things...Another damp and windy day on the cards, it's been gusting to gale force since I woke up and seems it's about to start raining properly looking at the radar! Currently 9c.

Have new young male neighbours and they were still going at 2am, I had walked 3 miles and was home by then, did not see any real trouble on the way home (then again it is a short trip from a village to a small rural town), thankfully living in a modern build house with double glazing kept all the noise out.

And onto the weather, it is still raining and quite blowy with it, looks like an indoors day here.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Happy new year brilliant weatner folks!! Rough day. Still in bed, party ended at 430am, twenty bottles of cava champers and wine drunk!! And seemed a great idea to have candles and wine boxes in the garden last night.... Now blown away!

Have a very god day, and look forward to meeting you in 2014.

Ruthie,,, please don't shout!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

With all this rain and wind we've had and downd tree's/flooding, I'd happy take a good week of high pressure. This has been so misrable with or without snow I'd be happy!

Posted

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

hi all

hope everyone had a good evening

the weather aint changed

look south west for incoming

there are some very heavy downpours there

lets hope ecm hasnt put out one of its stray runs this morning

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf.php?ech=72&mode=1&map=0&type=0&archive=0

be back later with the 12z runs and the fax update for which i am watching friday and saturday

• Like 1

Posted

At that exact moment my feet went from under me and I slid several feet down the hill.  I take this to be an omen and that snow cannot now be far away.  Remember, you heard it here first.

I don't like to hear that although it seems you are ok and laughing about it, doing that can give you a nasty shock as well.

I did that on a hill in Brighton many years ago, it was a bit icy and I fell and slid some way down, I did hurt my ankle very badly it was swollen and bruised and I had it bandaged for a while, but I remember the moment of falling and the shock of it.

Here the wind is gusting quite strongly now, the temerature has decreased as it is quite chilly now, I heard thunder a little while ago and the rain is lashing around.Not a very nice day at all, Southernman saiid he was thinking of his colleagues who were working today and is quite glad it is not him out there in that.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

weather is cack!

just saying...

• Like 1

Posted

PS There is still no word from Jan BPosted Image I have a pm message sent to her asking about her welfare back in November which still she is yet to open and read. Into a New Year, I am sure many of us will be hoping to hear some word from her - its quite a worry when her health and welfare has been such a concern. Love and best wishes to her x

I send her best wishes and it would be good to hear from her.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Happy new year brilliant weatner folks!! Rough day. Still in bed, party ended at 430am, twenty bottles of cava champers and wine drunk!! And seemed a great idea to have candles and wine boxes in the garden last night.... Now blown away!Have a very god day, and look forward to meeting you in 2014.Ruthie,,, please don't shout!!

RUTHIE...,.,..BLWYDDYN NEWYDD DDA! Ssh sorry,I'll have to remember that next time I'm playing Scrabble!Joking aside, agree with Tams, it's very worrying re Jan B, have tried to contact her a few times now and still no response. Let's hope she's ok.Tom Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 5

Posted

Wind gusts will peak between 55 - 70 mph in the SE from 15:00 - 18:00 hrs

More exposed areas e.g coastal areas will be prone to the higher gusts Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I send her best wishes and it would be good to hear from her.

Yes, that would be most welcome indeed for sure

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Just had a huge gust which has blown a shed over..

THIS WEATHER SUCKS!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Is Jan B Jan_Bromley? I've looked her up and she was last active on Nov' 5th so I guess that must be her. I do hope she's ok. Maybe her PC or Internet connection is broken and she probably cannot get it fixed yet for some reason. Hope that's all it is.

• Like 3

Posted

Just had a huge gust which has blown a shed over..

THIS WEATHER SUCKS!

Yikes! It is getting stronger all the time here although I cannot hear the rain anymore.I guess we are in for another blustery night here and fingers crossed there is not too much damage, those trees and other structures which were weakened by the last winds can't remaining standing much longer and the rain makes it worse.

Posted

ok, if i read it right, that shows it will be worse here towards early evening, than it is now.but even now these gusts are quite strong and sustained, they are making that howling noise.And then again on Friday it looks like quite strong winds for this area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Happy new year everyone! ! Im still in bed well I got up to munch my way through the cupboards then gave up and returned to the duvet! Hopw every one has a happy healthy 2014!

• Like 4

Posted

hi jennyjane

that sounds about right

i will update the fax charts later

the wind looks strong but the bigger issue looks like the rain again

although friday could see higher gusts

be back later

john

Posted

hi jennyjane

that sounds about right

i will update the fax charts later

the wind looks strong but the bigger issue looks like the rain again

although friday could see higher gusts

be back later

john

ok John, thanks for the work you do in informing us I know it must take some time to do.

• Like 5

Posted

Looking at all this rain lashing down yet again I just can't help thinking about what a snowfest this would have been if the wind was from the opposite direction and it was all snow instead!

On another note, I hope that Jan B is ok.

Edited by lottiekent
  • Like 8

Posted

me and  the good  lady,<her indoors>  tried  to go for  a  walk along  felixstowe  front  had  to retreat back  to the  car to wild

• Like 1