Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 31/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Hi John. This seems to be a fast moving event and alterations are coming with every model run and update. I can't keep pace at the moment but after today's little lot, I'm fairly sure some more significant weather is on it's way. GFS coming through now:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Any sequence you run it's relentless through to Tuesday and continuous rain, sustained winds, high gusts, thunder. lightning and hail are still all on the cards. Be careful what you wish for, as snow might eventually come as a respite later in the season!

Read my mind coast, It will be sods law  that after such an Epic Weather event like this, 7 to 10 days down the line Winter finally turns up with a watered down version of what the Eastern States are experiencing That alone would be Epic. However sub temps, Heavy snow. Will have massive impact when probably the biggest thaw in history begins, Hence more floods.

Edited by Jason T
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

Scary awful here , am hating it now ! At least with the 87 storm it was over n done with ,this seems like it's been more on than off for a few weeks now . We need some respite please weather gods !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any weather

So much spray and rain on the A1 earlier. Stevenage looked like it would float away, many deep puddles across the roads. Two cars had spun off the A1 northbound after a hail storm. I saw the lightning and heard the thunder and had to do some outdoor work accompanied by large piles of hail and the odd distant rumble. The birds were sing their heads off though.

Posted

hi coast

its a cannot keep up with this

the fax i posted was with the high tide tonight

more of a watch the water levels

re the weather

if kitchen sinks came down it wouldnt surprise me

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

Lovely little storm going on here. Very gusty with it

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Holy bleepers!

I was in morrisons and the lights were flickering and I knew that bad weather was on the way, especially of the noteworthy skies coming towards me before hand. I came out and went into the chemist and again lights flickering. As I walked back the bad weather hit and it sure was bad to start of with!

A big gust nearly knocked me off my feet, with hail hitting my face and the tree's roaring in the wind. Even within home distance it was still chucking it down and giving it all with the gusts.

Pretty impressive, but enough is enough, give us cold dry weather or snow atleast!

• Like 4

Posted

*sigh...*

Anyone seen Monday? Posted Image

I'm still taking in later on!

Posted Image

It all seems like it should miss us, but then the ruddy jet stream kicks it across the goal face and just catches the woodwork which bounces it into the SE's net:

Posted Image

Monday not too bad on GFS by comparison, but it will come on top of two solid days of wind and driving rain, so who knows how we will fair?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

we have had some thunder and lightning here today in Peacehaven, short lived but quite dramatic while it lasted.

I'm going out green laning tonight with a mate in our 4x4's, should be plenty of water about, I might even have to use my chain saw.

• Like 1

Posted

So much spray and rain on the A1 earlier. Stevenage looked like it would float away, many deep puddles across the roads. Two cars had spun off the A1 northbound after a hail storm. I saw the lightning and heard the thunder and had to do some outdoor work accompanied by large piles of hail and the odd distant rumble. The birds were sing their heads off though.

Oh I would add that the A602 between Ware and Stevenage is majorly flooded near Hooks Cross.  Cars are crawling through the mini lake forming there.

Posted

I was in morrisons and the lights were flickering 

You never get that in Waitrose..... Posted Image

Do members generally never tell people about our interest in weather for fear of being labelled odd, or a geek? At least this last 12 months we can say we've had a pretty amazing set of weather events to experience and not feel like keeping it quiet to friends and family! 

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Going to be writing up a warning for the rain tomorrow morning and into the afternoon, looking at an excess of an inch in Sussex, 15-25mm around the London area and 10-15mm towards Essex and Kent. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any weather

Felt a bit smug after telling my neighbour that he had about an hours window for some fencing work before a squall line hit.

55 minutes later it started chucking it down...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Blimey what a day! Late report,but the thunder and lightning earlier was a bit stir crazy! Not to mention to rain. Gawd the flat roof in our hallway. May even get some tarpaulin up there, no water coming in yet, but was dripping in two days ago thru plaster. Hope yours holding JP...

The lightening was sort of blue, this was about 1245 ish.

Went out shortly after, lots of big puddles about TW8 area, some minor flooding and a bit of standing water just by kew bridge lights by the small sainsburys. Thames looked pretty high and fast moving aswell.

• Like 2

Posted

hi coast

tad worried about tomorrow

Posted Image

less wind so rain will be slower moving

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

sorry just seen your post above

Edited by john pike
  • Like 3

Posted

Anyone actually bored of storms now??

Yes - me. I would hate for March to arrive to feel like we had a 6 month Autumn and missed out Winter all together!
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Well the Medway storm shield is working well. It went around us again.

• Like 1

Posted

I wish I was the bearer of better tidings, but I think we all know now roughly what's coming:

Posted Image

valid from 04.01.2014 01:05 CET Until 04.01.2014 15:00 CET

Rain  Awareness Level: Yellow 

A spell of heavy rain is likely to affect southeastern parts of England during the first half of Saturday, clearing eastwards early in the afternoon. A further 20 to 30 mm of rain is likely in places and much of this could fall within a 6-hour period. Further heavy showers may occur later on Saturday. 

http://www.meteoalarm.eu/en_UK/1/0/UK013-London_%26_South_East.html

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

I have just fixed the conservatory roof and a bit of the side wall that blew away before Xmas. That clap of thunder nearly made me fall off my stepladder. Not an enjoyable experience being in those squalls and rain, but satisfied its now fixed up.

• Like 2