Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 31/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

More of the same through rest of the day it seems given the forecast and a glance at the radar!

post-15543-0-16929600-1388749131_thumb.j

Edited by Mark N

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

It's that next line that just seems to be sitting behind Poole that I think might bear fruit for us slighty more East of the first band......  Warnings updated for lightning strikes as well, interesting!

• Like 3

Posted

There are some seriously juicy echoes on the Radar this morning. I have a really good vantage point looking SW aross the Thames, so have all the office blinds open Posted Image

Lucky you! only way i get to look out is if i go onto the roof of the building or out to the street. mind you, its a great view across to St James's Park from the roof on side. and a lousy view of new scoland yard, the other :lol:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

After following the cell on the radar quite amazing how it has kept its intensity, only the 3rd of January! just goes to show how unstable our airflow is at the the moment, unsettled to say the least!

Posted

Wow! Wasn't expecting that! Thunderstorm with more hail than I think I've ever seen before, all surfaces white, including roads Posted Image

Posted

Right. Batteries charged, lenses cleaned, wet weather gear in the car. Catch you later storm dudes! Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted

Lucky you! only way i get to look out is if i go onto the roof of the building or out to the street. mind you, its a great view across to St James's Park from the roof on side. and a lousy view of new scoland yard, the other Posted Image

Ah, I've got Shoe Lane and the royal courts of Justice outside from here. And a lot of cranes, which might be a bit exciting, later, but we're quite high up too...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :Kent, Surrey, Bracknell Forest, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham, Oxfordshire, Hampshire, Reading, West Berkshire, East Sussex, Portsmouth, Southampton, West Sussex, Isle of Wight, Brighton and Hove, Buckinghamshire, Milton Keynes, Greater London, Slough & MedwayYellow Warning of Rain for East of England :Hertfordshire, Central Bedfordshire & LutonFurther heavy showers and thunderstorms with hail and squally winds will affect southern parts of England and southern and western parts of Wales during the rest of today.The public should be aware of the risk of disruption, particularly to travel, with the possibility of localised surface water flooding, hail temporarily covering roads and also damage from lightning strikes.Issued at:1115 on Fri 3 Jan 2014Valid from:1130 on Fri 3 Jan 2014Valid to:2359 on Fri 3 Jan 2014A deeply unstable airmass covers the UK with bands of heavy showers and thunderstorms moving northeastwards, particularly affecting southern parts of England and southern and western Wales. The showers could produce 5-10 mm of rain within an hour.

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

OMG....Very intense hail shower, Everything white,

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Blimus....I hope we get some T&L. :) Its still sunny and calm in Ippy.

Keep us posted, guys. I cant track anything right now cos on mobile and its not so good for that. :(

Posted

wow. in the case of 1 minute it's gone completely white with hail stones everywhere !

Lightning too. yeh first one of 2014 !

Just north of Royston

Edited by diddy1234

Posted
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT
  • Weather Preferences: I like a bit of weather
  • Location: IN THE FOOT HILLS AND DENSELY FORESTED AREAS OF TUNBRIDGE WELLS IN KENT

Cloud starting to build here in Tunbridge Wells, maybe a spitter of rain here and there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Just had a massive hail storm here.. the size of marbles..Posted Image set the car alarms off..

Amazing noise everywhere 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Insane hailstorm here, braved the elements and took these pictures! post-15503-0-84456600-1388750787_thumb.jpost-15503-0-75145400-1388750886_thumb.j

Edited by PerfectStorm
  • Like 8

Posted

clouded right over here now, first splots of rain.... Nice little red echo popped up to sw of London...