Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 24/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Morning all!  It's sunny and calm here this morning and a comfortable 6.5c

I'm keeping an eye on the weather over this weekend.  I need to visit family in Ware tomorrow, then my sister is coming up from Dover on Saturday and we'll be going to my brother's house in Enfield then.  I hope that whatever arrives tomorrow is not too severe especially for those already affected.

As for shopping, I don't think I need to go food shopping for another month.  I have so much left over.  I'm only gonna to need milk for my cuppas like Jax. Posted Image

Stay safe everyone and have a lovely Boxing Day.

Edit: I got Day of the Doctor and Adventures in Time and Space for Christmas, so I was a very happy bunny. :D

Edited by chilly milly
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Portsmouth, Southampton, Surrey, West Sussex & Greater London

Spells of rain affecting the UK late Thursday and Friday are expected to be heavy at times with 10 to 20 mm falling quite widely. Locally in excess of 25 mm is likely over parts of Wales, Northern Ireland and southern England by mid-morning whilst more than 40 mm are expected over parts of Scotland along with Dartmoor.

The public should be aware of the potential for disruption, especially where ground is already saturated and high winds are combined with heavy rainfall. This warning has been updated to remove northern England where impacts from rain are likely to be less significant. However, severe gales have the potential to cause problems here (please see separate wind warnings).

Issued at:

1058 on Thu 26 Dec 2013

Valid from:

0005 on Fri 27 Dec 2013

Valid to:

2100 on Fri 27 Dec 2013

Another deep area of low pressure developing over the Atlantic Ocean will bring another spell of wet and windy weather across the UK as it tracks northeastwards past northwestern Britain later on Thursday and during Friday.

Relative to recent storms that have affected the UK, Friday's depression is looking less intense and, for most, the extent of associated impacts are currently thought to be less severe.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=6FF48414-193C-D6B4-AEB3-2421BD6D0713_7_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1388102400

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Happy Boxing day to you all Posted Image

Hope this next lot of rain isn't going to cause any of you flooding issues, I noticed this morning that the water level had gone down considerably in the Ousel Valley but another lot will soon bring it up again !

Having my day with Mini me and Master D today then lunch and Cinema to see Frozen tomorrow with Mr P and some friends so we won't be going far but please be careful any of you that have journeys to make there have already been some terrible RTA's over the holiday period, just stay safe and take care out there Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Morning everyone

A beautiful crisp sunny day here with clear blue skies and the frost has now gone.

House-guest has just come in soaking wet having pulled the equivalent of half a tree out of the stream in preparation for tonight's events. Going to re-install the secondary barriers next as we probably didn't do it very well in the midst of the howling gale and pouring rain monday night.

Rest of the day will be getting organised before going out to dinner with friends this evening.

Have a lovely day

xxx

Posted

Morning. Cloudy and calm here. Looks like there was some heavy showers last night. Feel bad for all those effected by flooding. Just hope tomorrow won't be too bad (unfortunately it's more in hope than any real belief)

Southernman is meant to be out on the river all tomorrow afternoon again, if its bad they might close the ferry again.

Its seems very oddly warm here, there's no heating on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Good streamline flow of intended storm tonight tomorrow.

http://t.co/ocbqWXXQvf

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Looks like the wind will be at its hight for us (Ipswich) between 03:00 & 06:00 tomorrow morning. I think 30 to 54mph.

Wonder if it'll be like Monday's show. :O

Very still in Lowestoft right now.

Edited by Keraunophile

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Posted Image Winter soon be with us.

http://t.co/sGoG6TvLDq

Edited by Jason T

Posted

Afternoon :) Hope you all had a lovely Christmas Day and are also enjoying any festivities that are in progress today?

After the last five days of rain (57mm!) and even a rumble of thunder yesterday today has dawned clear, sunny and cold which is lovely! Currently 5.2c after a low of 2c.

Edited by lottiekent
  • Like 1

Posted

Looks like the wind will be at its hight for us (Ipswich) between 03:00 & 06:00 tomorrow morning. I think 30 to 54mph.

Wonder if it'll be like Monday's show. Posted Image

i hope not, very calm here right now.

Just got news that the Thames has burst its banks in reading and has flooded my mate's house Posted Image

and still the misery for some goes on.so sorry for your mate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

3.1C here at 15:00...coldest 15:00 so far this autumn/winter! 

Posted

http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/update/2013-12-25/floodinghitskent/

This is what my town looked like xmas day after the rain.  Will look like this Friday eve too.  Town more or less cut in 2 with the flooding.  I do not want anymore.

This is my daughters car park in Tonbridge.  By Friday eve she will not be able to get into her flat or out depending where she ends up.

Posted Image

Posted

http://www.itv.com/news/meridian/update/2013-12-25/floodinghitskent/

This is what my town looked like xmas day after the rain.  Will look like this Friday eve too.  Town more or less cut in 2 with the flooding.  I do not want anymore.

This is my daughters car park in Tonbridge.  By Friday eve she will not be able to get into her flat or out depending where she ends up.

Posted Image

Is that along Hart St? Picking my brother up from Heathrow in the morning and his flat is along there, think he may be kipping on my sofa for the night! Just hoping we've not too much rain to come tonight/tomorrow. Sorry miss read that, thought your daughter lived in Maidstone, brothers car park looks much the same.

Edited by k66yla

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Bit of fog rolling into the field here. Feels v cold aswell.

• Like 1

Posted

Is that along Hart St? Picking my brother up from Heathrow in the morning and his flat is along there, think he may be kipping on my sofa for the night! Just hoping we've not too much rain to come tonight/tomorrow. Sorry miss read that, thought your daughter lived in Maidstone, brothers car park looks much the same.

No this is in Tonbridge.  But the flats along Hart Street near the river were effected.  The car parks flooded and will do so again on Friday we think.  My son in  laws sister lives in those flats she is above the car park and was not effected and was able to get in this morning.  The road past the Odeon is open now.  If he left a car in the car park then he will need to empty it out of water.  Sorry.  The link i posted will show you what went on. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Posted Image Winter soon be with us.

http://t.co/sGoG6TvLDq

This is more like it.

If we get cold spells half as good as last Jan, then bring it on :-)

• Like 1

Posted

hi all

tonight

before 1am it looks like cold and frosty setting in

although the very far south may see the odd shower and keep slightly higher temps

around 1am

Posted Image

winds slightly increasing from a south westerly

rainfall

Posted Image

not here yet but around 2am the rain starts

temps increasing up to around 6-8 degrees once the rain arrives

the winds look to increase around 3-4am

at 7am

Posted Image

heavy rain still going and looks very heavy south of the thames

Posted Image

winds increasing around 40-50 mph but more westerly

maybe a shade higher to the far north of our region

temps again around 6-8 degrees but will not feel it

at 12

Posted Image

more south westerly wind again

winds still around 40-50 mph gusts but still likely to be a shade higher the far north of the region

rainfall

Posted Image

it looks like all regions will lose the rain around lunchtime

the far south east maybe 1-2 pm

temps

Posted Image

after the rain clears expect temps to start dropping away as it starts to get dark

Posted Image

by 7pm winds dropping down quite considerably

still a tad breezy to the far north of us but around 30-40mph and clearing up quickly after

so it looks like 40-50 mph winds except the far north who may see a 55-60 for a time

rain hitting 2am and clearing most by 12am

heavier rain south of the thames but not exclusively

my main concern is rain

it will be windy but not damaging although 50mph winds with this sodden ground may still unroot trees

will update the rest a little later

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Nice and frosty here. Made for a plesent boxing evening walk...