Scotland - Regional Discussion - 23/12/13 >>>

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been lying awake in bed for a bit and although it sounds windy outside it's doesn't sound as bad as I expected by this point. 

Oh, and BUS, get some sleep! 

cant I need to get to bed at a decent time tonight so I'm up bright and early tomorrow morning to see what SANTA has brought me Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 5

Just a quick visit as I fear the power will go off soon! A blustery night but winds are really picking up now, can feel it battering into the side of the house. Baro down to 941.7, temp 3.4. Stay safe all! THE HOOLIE IS HERE!!!!!!

• Like 3

BUS has been doing the night shift! Posted Image  Do you ever sleep laddie, or is it just the fact that a large man in a red suit is about to bring you a pressie...ie: Humungous storm!!! Thank you for keeping us updated..much appreciated.Posted Image Posted Image  Have a Cool Yule....and a safe one too! Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 3

nice circular eye showing to our northwest in the storm

post-18233-0-33037500-1387871094_thumb.g

you can see the eye like feature come about in this animation

http://www.sat24.com/en/?ir=true

BUS has been doing the night shift! Posted Image  Do you ever sleep laddie, or is it just the fact that a large man in a red suit is about to bring you a pressie...ie: Humungous storm!!! Thank you for keeping us updated..much appreciated.Posted Image Posted Image  Have a Cool Yule....and a safe one too! Posted Image Posted Image

what can I say I am a big kid at heart lol.

its really doing my head in I cant like posts just now.

Edited by Buriedundersnow
  • Like 1

Any model or forecast I've looked at in the last ten minutes has the strongest winds from early lunchtime until mid to late afternoon. Do not assume cos it ain't windy yet that it won't get windy.

• Like 3

Any model or forecast I've looked at in the last ten minutes has the strongest winds from early lunchtime until mid to late afternoon. Do not assume cos it ain't windy yet that it won't get windy.

Or snowy.

Yellow or otherwise :D

yip and GFS 0z wants to keep it wild into tomorrow aswell

post-18233-0-27775400-1387872040_thumb.ppost-18233-0-87818400-1387872040_thumb.p

7 o'clock revised chart has 932mb from 931mb but a slight tightening of the gradient on winds coming in and the initial 8 o'clock chart has it at 931mb with gradient tightening more

post-18233-0-26479200-1387872608_thumb.gpost-18233-0-37916100-1387872833_thumb.g

and wind speeds at Skye bridge

post-18233-0-80500500-1387872758_thumb.p

• Like 2

Nothing notably windy just yet. Just now the ground has a white dusting - sounds like hail in heavier bursts but looks like graupel and lighter spells it looks like light snow.

Edited by A Winter's Tale

winds picking up and getting gusty here now the sustained winds went from 19mph to 27mph in stirling between 7 and 8 and from twitter

James Cook â€@BBCJamesCook 48m

Gust of 75mph recorded on South Uist. #scotstorm

also from twitter isle of lewis

Torcuil Crichton â€@Torcuil 28m

The weather outside my door at 8am @SwordaleWeather : wind from N 42.5 mph gusting to 56.4 mph. Temp. 5.4 °C. Barometer 971.5 mb. Rain

Nevis Range â€@TheNevisRange 1m

Closed today due to storm force winds. Snow showers/wind helping to accumulate snow. Summit webcam at 08.35 today pic.twitter.com/4eyUf9kidc

post-18233-0-22664600-1387874843_thumb.j

WeatherEvents.net â€@weather_events 1m

Winds currently gusting over 70MPH on the Scottish west coast & forecast to increase later today. Live video stream > http://www.weatherevents.net/index.php/live