Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Discussion - 23/12/13 >>>

lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Evening all, have just floated up the M74. Shocking day on the road, all 500 miles of it, but hame now and no going oot again.

Recorded 12c at the border around 8pm and think the car has wet rot now as well.

Outlaws made it doon A9 earlier, with a few hours stop at Drumochter for the plough to clear the road, so took in all 7 hours.

Wet rot in the car, lol... However, top of the EPL at Xmas is ****ing best for a long time!

From the severe thread, mesosphere spotted this wayward flight from Stockholm.

Pilots not fancying landing this evening...

Posted ImageStockholm.PNG

Santa in disguise?

• Like 2

Posted

18Z NAE run has the low at 924mb!:bomb: :bomb: I imagine the Met Office will put more of Scotland under an amber weather warning tomorrow morning.

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Temps seem to be dropping off in N Eire now so that's the cooler air tracking north east.

• Like 1

Posted

we are at 9  /10 now ,gusting to over 50 now ,20 miles over that i'm fine with lol

pressure is at 953.5 

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image 

Edited by milkmaid
  • Like 2

Posted

Hurricane Bawbag early last year was the only storm I know that has only blown off some of our rooftiles. I wonder what tomorrow may bring...............

• Like 1

Posted

Hey people,

Im in north west highlands,  956mb at mo and just waiting for it to fall....this is getting weird now, calm outside and i can feel something is coming yet alone know.  caught the last few gemanoids (sp?) tonight through a gap in the forest. they are so beautiful!

Anyway, i very kindly had an invite here and just wanted to say its a pleasure to be here...now back to storm watching...does anyone think the depression that follows tomorrows is worse for us up here?? the eye lands right on us? 

Tris

The eye of the storm is an uncanny place to be sometimes, it can be flat calm but you know there's more to come and there's no way out. We had a big storm a few years ago when the eye passed right over in the night - we'd lost trees and had other daamage, and were tidying up rather half-heartedly cos we knew the worst was to come!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

GFS 18z really trying to squeeze the vortex

post-18233-0-21275500-1387840137_thumb.ppost-18233-0-25852000-1387840148_thumb.p

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Hey people,

Im in north west highlands,  956mb at mo and just waiting for it to fall....this is getting weird now, calm outside and i can feel something is coming yet alone know.  caught the last few gemanoids (sp?) tonight through a gap in the forest. they are so beautiful!

Anyway, i very kindly had an invite here and just wanted to say its a pleasure to be here...now back to storm watching...does anyone think the depression that follows tomorrows is worse for us up here?? the eye lands right on us? 

Tris

Welcome along lupe, helluva time to join - you've got some serious winter weather up and coming!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: crystal cold man!

Thanks hairy celt, i thought hurricanes were calm in the eye and accelerated outwards and the atlantic storms we get accelerated from outer edge to the eye?? Im not sure anyway as im a new complete novice as you can guess.. i have a lot to learn!!

Im jealous of the way some of you guys talk but i'll get it in the end at some point :)   Im getting 953mb on the pressure,  3 degree's ambient and -3 windchill temps. 

she is not happy the ferrets have come in :)  but i cant leave me wee babes oot in a whoolie :)

• Like 4

Posted

Hey people,

Tris

welcome to the Scottish thread LUPE

Posted

Good spot by Liam, Friday's ensembles from tonight..

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_panel.php?modele=0&mode=1&ech=96

Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Thanks hairy celt, i thought hurricanes were calm in the eye and accelerated outwards and the atlantic storms we get accelerated from outer edge to the eye?? Im not sure anyway as im a new complete novice as you can guess.. i have a lot to learn!!

Im jealous of the way some of you guys talk but i'll get it in the end at some point Posted Image   Im getting 953mb on the pressure,  3 degree's ambient and -3 windchill temps. 

she is not happy the ferrets have come in Posted Image  but i cant leave me wee babes oot in a whoolie Posted Image

if you get stuck with anything just ask away and someone who knows will tell you.

• Like 1

Posted

Hurricane Bawbag early last year was the only storm I know that has only blown off some of our rooftiles. I wonder what tomorrow may bring...............

2nd Jan was far more damaging I think, (IMBY all but 3 houses had roof damage, and a few cars met said roof damage, and I believe BMW had mentioned a lead lined skylight removed.....Posted Image) either way not liking the look of tomorrow.

Posted

Good spot by Liam, Friday's ensembles from tonight..

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_panel.php?modele=0&mode=1&ech=96

Posted Image Posted Image

some proper stonkers in there

• Like 1

Just gusting to about 30mph here at the moment nothing much. Tomorrow morning and afternoon it will be interesting.

K5 Buoy at 941mb and it will probably drop another 8 or 10mb over the next few hours.

Just looked at the 18z ens for Friday I think my neighbours shed just collapsed looking at them.

Edited by weathermaster
  • Like 6

Posted
Posted
Posted

looks like the rain is coming on radar and maybe get a few squall lines in there

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/

• Like 2

Posted

closest weather station to me I can find in stirling says its 957.3mb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Hi Guys, am sure this has been asked already.......is there a reason why the past few weeks have been so active ? It seems a long time since the weather has been on such a spiral of violent depressions...presumably there is a readon for this particular spell?it alao feels that we are in constant daytime darkness...doom and gloom all round....but certainly an extremely exciting time for weather watching.

Id had a gut feeling that we were entering a stormy festive time and posted such in the MOD on 7/12 when replying to posts by Purga.

Very aggressive temperature change this afternoon around here...4.4c at 4.40 pm to 9.3c by 5.25pm.

Very worrying signs for tomorrow and again on friday.....hope everyone stays safe .

• Like 1