Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Severe Atlantic Storms Over The Christmas Period #2

Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Arsenal v Chelsea game set to beat the bad weather

Monday night's Barclays Premier League game between Arsenal and Chelsea is set to go ahead despite heavy rain and strong winds. Groundstaff have been working on the pitch at the Emirates Stadium throughout the day as a pre-Christmas storm sweeps across the country and no problems were reported at 4pm. However, officials are continuing to monitor the weather ahead of the big London derby which is scheduled to kick-off at 8pm.Conditions have deteriorated during the day and both clubs have advised fans to allow plenty of time to travel to the game as some transport services in the capital have been disrupted.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9086605/premier-league-arsenal-v-chelsea-game-set-to-beat-the-bad-weather

Ok that is nut's, hope people make preperations to get home if their normal way is not working or blocked. I wouldn't go even if I had tickets.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

Met Office have already issued a Yellow wind warning for Friday covering effectively the whole of the UK, can't ever remember seeing that!

Posted

Ok that is nut's, hope people make preperations to get home if their normal way is not working or blocked. I wouldn't go even if I had tickets.

I am about a mile from the Stadium, it really is calm here at the moment.

No rain, light wind / odd gusts. Come 10pm though I expect that to be different, hope they called this one correct.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Met Office have already issued a Yellow wind warning for Friday covering effectively the whole of the UK, can't ever remember seeing that!

I'm sure there was the same blanket coverage for this storm at the beginning.

Alas for us winds will be in the wrong direction even more so as GFS thinks the worst will from a SE direction. Tomorrow Sheffield will have another near miss as strong winds pass to the north of us.

Posted

he BBC's transport correspondent Richard Westcott says there is severe disruption at Euston station in London.

Power supply problems around the Watford area mean virtually nothing is leaving the station at the moment.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Quite calm here now.

Might go pitch a tent or build a house of cards in the back garden.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Not sure if anybody's posted this but here goes. More pictures coming through tomorrow no doubt.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25495897

Posted

Was a bit lairy earlier while I was at the Trafford centre, really gusty and rocking my car quite a bit. still windy, but calmed a lot more now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I am about a mile from the Stadium, it really is calm here at the moment.

No rain, light wind / odd gusts. Come 10pm though I expect that to be different, hope they called this one correct.

I'm thinking about the traveling to and from, some come from further away. There are some problems on train lines.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Humid & stormy

so has the storm not even hit the us yet? confused

Edited by JK1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I am about a mile from the Stadium, it really is calm here at the moment.No rain, light wind / odd gusts. Come 10pm though I expect that to be different, hope they called this one correct.

Not disputing you, but that's amazing. It's been blowing a near gale here for several hours. A proper winter storm. Even though I'm east of you, I'm only a mile from the coast. Location seems to be everything. :)

Posted

Not disputing you, but that's amazing. It's been blowing a near gale here for several hours. A proper winter storm. Even though I'm east of you, I'm only a mile from the coast. Location seems to be everything. Posted Image

There as been rain and wind, lost a few garden pots and a gnome, but nothing major as of yet. London seems to get away with it everytime!

Posted

Yes in a fashion as the low exits it will. Bring further problems from midnight through to 6 am ish stronger and more damaging winds

There as been rain and wind, lost a few garden pots and a gnome, but nothing major as of yet. London seems to get away with it everytime!

R u serous !!!!!!!

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

there will be a few hours of the highest winds for the southeast over night then the main wind and damage will move to the north with 24hrs of higher winds with possible 100mph+ gusts

• Like 2

Posted

Wish you guys down south got this stuff more often, it would usually save us up here in Scotland having it, and you would be more used to it. Not looking forward to it working its way up here tomorrow tbh, looks like we might see gusts over 100mph.

Edited by acchos
  • Like 5

Posted

Last Friday they was a similar warning for today. Yellow everywhere except the extreme east of Norfolk. Hedging their bets, it's useful as a long range prompt to people to stay alert. Last Xmas I think I remember something similar for snow that eventually affected just a small part of the country.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Humid & stormy

ok thanks, so I guess the strongest winds for the south are not here yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

Wish you guys down south got this stuff more often, it would usually save us up here in Scotland having it, and you would be more used to it. Not looking forward to it working its way up here tomorrow tbh, looks like we might see gusts over 100mph.

we're ok up here though we are used to it and battle hardened.

looks like we will see s longer period of strong winds aswell with it lasting right through Christmas eve.

not till after midnight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Eased a touch for now although still windy. Areas I'm particularly concerned about are IOW/Hampshire area across to kent later on tonight. I often stay in Portsmouth and hope the property I rent stays in tact. A little respite for the moment if you like, it looks to be short lived though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Latest from the BBC, 70mph gusts quite far inland!

post-15503-0-36103200-1387820167_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

Strongest winds across London and the southeast expected between 9pm and 6am, gusts up to 70mph possible even inland which is why there is concern and the Amber warning from the Met Office.

• Like 1

Posted

A Gnome? But that is devastating!  Lol. Clearly I am on the wrong side of London as the Wind has been shaking the House for hours.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

I reckon there may be more surprises for a wider area of northern England too tomorrow - can't post charts with latest modelling or wind speeds if someone can?