Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Possible severe Atlantic storms over the Christmas period

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

The next beast winding up...

post-9615-0-31033900-1387664006_thumb.pn

• Like 3

Posted

Can't wait to see the ensembles! Should be some extreme options again. Don't just take the operationals track and depth as gospel - nothings ever completely set in stone with these kind of developments.

Edited by Liam J
  • Like 2

Posted

I'd say the wind fields ahead the front as it closes in on the eastern and southeastern coasts look almost as serious as those near to the low center.  GFS continues to model gusts in excess of 80mph in that general region, with 60-70mph well inland. Pretty serious stuff. 

us southerners are tough :)

on a serious note. at least the tress are quite bare now and that will hep with branches falling off. but i am sure theres going to be disruption to travel on the rail lines. any excuse they can find :rolleyes:

Posted

Can't wait to see the ensembles! Should be some extreme options again. Don't just take the operationals track and depth as gospel - nothings ever completely set in stone with these kind of developments.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

it got us  to expect  at least 74  mph monday  night not  nice with  people  out   could  yellow or  red  flags   people could  get  hurt if they not careful

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

i'm working xmas eve until 03:00 am xmas morning and 7-7pm on the 26th and 27th i'm starting to get worried about traveling there and back i drive along alot of tree lined roads on the route.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

Some people seem to be looking forward to this a bit too much in my opinion. I can't personally see what is so wonderful about travel disruption, power cuts, damage to property and endangerment to life, even more so this near to Christmas.

Am sincerely hoping for (but not expecting), downgrades in intensity as we get nearer the time.

• Like 7

Posted

i'm working xmas eve until 03:00 am xmas morning and 7-7pm on the 26th and 27th i'm starting to get worried about traveling there and back i drive along alot of tree lined roads on the route.

ha! remember shifts like that so well. 4 on - 4 off .

i suppose the best thing is to try get to work, and if you cant get in. least youve tried :)

Posted

dont think its a case of "looking forward" its more a case of liking the extremes of weather. im pretty sure no one wishes bad things to happen, but they (like me) are wanting to see how extreme the weather can be without injury, loss or disruption to peoples lives Posted Image

Same here. Absolutely love mother natures power.. but I wouldn't wan't see any hurt or killed by it. 

When I first started taking a liking to storms we had a lot of rain throughout yr 2000 I believe. The most destruction I wanted, was for the football pitch to get washed away by the river. A little optimistic I was, but I do remember it eroding away slowly.

• Like 1

Posted

dont think its a case of "looking forward" its more a case of liking the extremes of weather. im pretty sure no one wishes bad things to happen, but they (like me) are wanting to see how extreme the weather can be without injury, loss or disruption to peoples lives :)

I take your point; I love weather too and without extremes, things would be very boring. However, wind storms do nothing for me, and I think it's impossible to get some kind of Utopia where such "exciting" weather conditions do not affect people. I can almost guarantee that some will be eating a cold Christmas dinner in a dark and chilly room as a result of Monday, and that's a depressing thought.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Some people seem to be looking forward to this a bit too much in my opinion. I can't personally see what is so wonderful about travel disruption, power cuts, damage to property and endangerment to life, even more so this near to Christmas.Am sincerely hoping for (but not expecting), downgrades in intensity as we get nearer the time.

Absolutely love tornadoes, blizzards, hurricanes & extreme Atlantic Storms...you could say I'm enjoying myself a bit too much yeah :D

• Like 7

Posted

I won't be satisfied til I get hurt, sorry, just the beast within me. I certainly wish no harm to others though.

• Like 2

Posted

Absolutely love tornadoes, blizzards, hurricanes & extreme Atlantic Storms...you could say I'm enjoying myself a bit too much yeah :D

That's fine as long as long as you don't grumble if you end up not being able to watch any telly over Xmas or light or heat your house! :) Edited by Chalk Serpent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Anyone got a time for the worst winds ??

good question......taking into account the 4 bottles of speckled hen & rather dodgy tasting kebab I've recently consumed, then I'd guess around 2 to 3 hours time Posted Image

• Like 6

Posted

I take your point; I love weather too and without extremes, things would be very boring. However, wind storms do nothing for me, and I think it's impossible to get some kind of Utopia where such "exciting" weather conditions do not affect people. I can almost guarantee that some will be eating a cold Christmas dinner in a dark and chilly room as a result of Monday, and that's a depressing thought.

yes it is. and if i could change that, i would. and i wish no harm to anyone whatsoever; but its weather. and we have no control as to its ferocity or actions. so, no matter what the weather does, i, personally, am happy to see the waves crashing on the coast, the trees downed and the roads flooded. and so long as no one is injured or worse then i accept that the weather has no way of being controlled. personally, if things get to the stage where theres no gas/electric and people are stranded; i would do all i could to help. bbq, bonfire, whatever, there is always the community and survival spirit Posted Image

good question......taking into account the 4 bottles of speckled hen & rather dodgy tasting kebab I've recently consumed, then I'd guess around 2 to 3 hours time Posted Image

Here we go yet again! 

hello guys Posted Image

Edited by MAF
  • Like 2

Posted

Wow guys, ~ British storm chasing club! We are going to want to make one with all our "self harming" like attributes with storms.

Hi put your location in so we know where your from, Welcome to the forum by the way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundery summers, very snowy winters! Huge Atlantic Storms!

Tuesday morning looks brutal for Central Scotland, NI, Northern England!! Going out early too!!Posted Image

I won't be satisfied til I get hurt, sorry, just the beast within me. I certainly wish no harm to others though.

what if you get struck in the head by a piece of corrugated iron sheeting travelling at 80 mph , game over , I'm sorry you can't under estimate this sort of weather !!...and what about the people who care about you !, Edited by Mokidugway
  • Like 1

Posted
yes it is. and if i could change that, i would. and i wish no harm to anyone whatsoever; but its weather. and we have no control as to its ferocity or actions. so, no matter what the weather does, i, personally, am happy to see the waves crashing on the coast, the trees downed and the roads flooded. and so long as no one is injured or worse then i accept that the weather has no way of being controlled. personally, if things get to the stage where theres no gas/electric and people are stranded; i would do all i could to help. bbq, bonfire, whatever, there is always the community and survival spirit [img=http://f1.nwstatic.co.uk/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/xsmile.png.pagespeed.ic.5Yux4gu5_h

Well my fence came down in St Jude; perhaps you could come and fix it for me if it happens again :o)

Edited by Chalk Serpent

Posted

As expected - Some pretty monster dartboards  churning out from the ensembles, not quite as low as previous runs, perhaps. 

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_panel.php?modele=0&mode=1&ech=60

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

Hummm, 18z run just made the 24th and 27th lows even worse than I could imagine. The time scale is actually too close for comfort now.

• Like 2