Local
Radar
Snow?

North West Regional Weather Discussion 18/12/13

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG. It gets worse, can't stand garden peas and just don't understand sweet corn if that makes sense but I'll certainly try Turkey, egg and chips if only to use up the pile of it we still have left.Anyway it looks like you picked the right day for doing Kinder as tomorrow may be a bit blustery.

ive had turkey again for tea a smaller version of yesterday.

ive had turkey again for tea a smaller version of yesterday.

We usually have a Boxing Day warm up and it often tasted better the day after but we didn't do enough veg this time around so it looks like Turkey and Stuffing Butties for me washed down with a beer or two and red wine chaser.Oh and there's plenty of Christmas pud and brandy sauce left.
  • Like 2

We usually have a Boxing Day warm up and it often tasted better the day after but we didn't do enough veg this time around so it looks like Turkey and Stuffing Butties for me washed down with a beer or two and red wine chaser.Oh and there's plenty of Christmas pud and brandy sauce left.

Still have not had my tia maria yet but since ive had my tea i feel better than i did. Oh i dont like christmas pud we had double choc gateux.
  • Like 1

Evil santa lol paper mache version...the stuff of nightmares!!! Lol..his dad made him

He looks like i feel atm.What have we got in store for us tonight then? Its coming in the next few hours.Birthday shopping with my son tomorrow if its not too bad...only got to go to two shops. Edited by itsnowjoke

Dry here with the wind slowly increasing. I now have a new anemometer! 

Temp: 4.8 °C

Humidity: 87 %

garden CO2 concentration: 493 PPM; 0.0493%

Wind, 10 minute average: 4.5 MpH

wind, max 10 minutes gust: 15.8 MpH

Air pressure: 986.9 mBar. 

• Like 2

Temperature now down at 2.5c after peaking at a chilly 3.9c this afternoon.

Whether it's low enough for some transient snow remains to be seen but i'm not that hopeful.

• Like 1

Can't believe how tight the isobars are on the GFS 12z and how long they remain like that.

We could easily be looking at 12 hours of sustained high winds with damaging gusts.and something that turns out to be even more severe than the storm on Christmas Eve.

Pressure still at 991hpa, I can hear the rain, ( just blow dried my daughters hair as she is going out, haha) One of my Christmas presents was a 'storm' umbrella it is supposed to withstand 70mph gales, what do you think? will keep you posted

• Like 1

Pressure still at 991hpa, I can hear the rain, ( just blow dried my daughters hair as she is going out, haha) One of my Christmas presents was a 'storm' umbrella it is supposed to withstand 70mph gales, what do you think? will keep you posted

do be carefull.
  • Like 1

do be carefull.

The worst it can do is blow inside out, but it's not supposed to, will be looking for a refund if it does!

• Like 1

The worst it can do is blow inside out, but it's not supposed to, will be looking for a refund if it does!

yes i know i was thinking no point risking a slate to the head to prove it does or doesnt work :)

yes i know i was thinking no point risking a slate to the head to prove it does or doesnt work Posted Image

I'll remember to duck when walking to the train station in the morning, should be interesting.

Pressure just dropped to 988hpa

Edited by Jan
  • Like 1

Nowt here yet but looking at the radar we should get rain in the next hour or so.

Temperature has risen to 2.8c so the slim chance of it starting as snow is looking even more remote now.