Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Weather Discussion 18/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Plenty more rain heading in our direction from Wales looking at the radar.Don't you just love these constant South Westerlys with all of the rain and mild temperatures.

Well i would much prefer to be sledging down the hill of my front street and everything looks so perfect covered in snow dont you think?.wish it would snow i feel sort of deflated after all the festivities. Cant actually believe Christmas is over its my favourite time of year and now ive taken the decs down the house looks plain and bare...oh well my birthday in 15 days and im going out for a curry with the family so something to look forward to i suppose.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Well i would much prefer to be sledging down the hill of my front street and everything looks so perfect covered in snow dont you think?.wish it would snow i feel sort of deflated after all the festivities. Cant actually believe Christmas is over its my favourite time of year and now ive taken the decs down the house looks plain and bare...oh well my birthday in 15 days and im going out for a curry with the family so something to look forward to i suppose.

I'm with you on that.Snow and cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer and a gradual change between these during the spring and autumn periods.Not much to ask really is it but lately our seasons seem to be all over the place and as you said, it just hasn't felt like Christmas this time.Hopefully something a little more seasonal during the next couple of weeks and I'll take wet so long as it's cold and wet.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Mmmmmmm what's that I can hear on the conservatory roof.

Surely it can't be rain.

• Like 1

Posted

Mmmmmmm what's that I can hear on the conservatory roof.Surely it can't be rain.

Is it cold and wet?

Posted

Is it cold and wet?

I'll wait for Eno Equator to tell me but I'm fairly sure she'll tell us it's mild.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Well it looks like its trying to snow here! Either that or thick sleet lol

• Like 2

Posted

I'll wait for Eno Equator to tell me but I'm fairly sure she'll tell us it's mild.

im sure she will lol

Posted

still drizzly here.

Not looking so good in the Model Thread oh the joys of being on net weather...i sometimes wish that i didnt know what the weather was going to do then it would be a suprise when it did happen but to read it every 20 mins or so...why do i put myself through it lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

still drizzly here.Not looking so good in the Model Thread oh the joys of being on net weather...i sometimes wish that i didnt know what the weather was going to do then it would be a suprise when it did happen but to read it every 20 mins or so...why do i put myself through it lol

Really????

bags of potential on the ECM/JMA GFS not quite there yet

As CC have said many times its coming,Sit  tight its going to get interesting 

Oh BTW Members with some altitude may see a bit of a surprise Fri night/Saturday

C.S

• Like 1

Posted

still drizzly here.Not looking so good in the Model Thread oh the joys of being on net weather...i sometimes wish that i didnt know what the weather was going to do then it would be a suprise when it did happen but to read it every 20 mins or so...why do i put myself through it lol

That's how it used to be in the days before the Internet and wall to wall TV news.As you said, there was more of an element of surprise then and I remember as a child often waking up to heavy snow when I hadn't known any was forecast whereas these days it's usually the opposite where a hyped event turns out to be nothing.
  • Like 1

Posted

Really????  bags of potential on the ECM/JMA GFS not quite there yet  As CC have said many times its coming,Sit  tight its going to get interesting   Oh BTW Members with some altitude may see a bit of a surprise Fri night/Saturday  C.S

Is this weekend chance of snow for our region CS as earlier today our model friends seemed to think it was a more southern event.

Posted

Is this weekend chance of snow for our region CS as earlier today our model friends seemed to think it was a more southern event.

Will await the fax charts to confirm,however GFS shows a lot of PPN around Saturday with temps around 5c so I would

imagine at a good altitude there would be some wintry weather,although I have not checked all the other essentials DP 850S ETC

C.S

• Like 1

Posted

16 days and counting , la isla bonita is calling, can't wait fed up of the rain and gloom now !!....

as they say in essex ....WELL JELL...or Dayn saif Edited by itsnowjoke
  • Like 1

Posted

Will await the fax charts to confirm,however GFS shows a lot of PPN around Saturday with temps around 5c so I would

imagine at a good altitude there would be some wintry weather,although I have not checked all the other essentials DP 850S ETC

C.S

With reference to the above please see Ian f comments in MOD ref wintry potential on Saturday

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

This winter has been astonishingly bad for cold weather like, i think we've managed about 2 frosts are something daft and not one flake of snow.

• Like 1

Posted

Bright this morning was raining in the night as i was up with that bug my son had on Christmas Eve blaaaa feeling awful just like the weather.

Posted

5c here and sunny blue skies...yawnnnnn

Wheres our snow ?

Posted

Went to work this morning couldn't get motivated will try again monday , weather nice and sunny though !!...

cant myself feel so ill to tired to do anything.
  • Like 1

Posted

going to take ted (mydog) for a walk to try and motivate myself feel very fuzzy !!...

very fuzzy is never good is it.
  • Like 1

Posted

still feeling very crappy.

weather dry and bright but really cold.