Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 15/12/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

afternoon all.

feeling cool out in the breeze  temp 6.8c but dew point is rising up to 3c now, 

to tell u the truth im not holding out much hope for the rest of the winter at the moment, i think we all have been spoilt in the last few years esp with 2010.

and before you all start shouting at me its only december i know not to right off the next 2 months before it happens etc etc,as i said above i think are expectations are a little to high.

i hope things do change because i love cold and snow but as things stand im not hopeful,please dont shout at me, and i dont have any charts or data to back this up its just a feeling.

fromey 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Just started here. cold rain with a touch of sleet mixed in Posted Image Posted Image

2.7c

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Can already see the clearance coming from the west. Bit of a non-event unfortunately.

Posted

Slight slushy deposits on grass and roof etc now but still sleet and rain.2.5c

I think if it was sustained and or a couple hours later I would have been in luck.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Slight slushy deposits on grass and roof etc now but still sleet and rain.2.5c

I think if it was sustained and or a couple hours later I would have been in luck.

Hi mullender, still a barmy 5.5c here, its dropped a bit after a heavy shower just passed through.

fromey

Posted

Hi mullender, still a barmy 5.5c here, its dropped a bit after a heavy shower just passed through.

fromey

Yes we are not going to see anything now. Back of the band is probably only half hour away and temperature wont fall lower than 2.5c at moment.

Salisbury plains might have more chance as it will be a bit colder by that time etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

9.3C here and spitting. I'm missing all the heavy rain again, only managed 12mm yesterday. 

Please mind the gap! :mellow:

post-15177-0-81621100-1387470041_thumb.p

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted

5.9c In Swindon, rain about to arrive...Won't fall as snow at this temp that's for sure!!!

Mainly rain, however a few lumps of ice are sliding down the window

Edited by Ali1977

Posted

Intense hail here at the moment.

Edit - Didn't last long, but here you go...

post-7340-0-47550900-1387470958_thumb.jppost-7340-0-15746900-1387470970_thumb.jp

Edited by jtay
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Heavy rain now. But the end of the front is in sight on the horizon 20 minutes more and it will be all done and sun will be back. temps up bit to 4.3

Had heavy rain on the way in actually.... Wonder if there will be snow when I get back in a couple of hours! Edited by Beast of Dartmoor

Posted

Evening all, nothing of note here, some heavy rain from that narrow band a couple of hours ago, but that's all!

Local stream had flooded when I walked past it earlier, along with some fence panels down in various places!

Some very orangey looking clouds earlier may post a picture later, in a bit of a rush at the moment!

Good to see Beast and Mullender actually got something wintry!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Had heavy rain on the way in actually.... Wonder if there will be snow when I get back in a couple of hours!

Looks like some beefy showers are coming in so with lower temps you never know your luck. Hoping the walk to the pub might be of interest later.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Looks like some beefy showers are coming in so with lower temps you never know your luck. Hoping the walk to the pub might be of interest later.

I wont be home until around 6 so hopefully it will stay away until then!

Posted

Definitely snowed on the Mendips near Emborough. Before turning to slush, it caused at least one car crash. We've received numerous reports of settled snow in that area.

Yes was brief and very wet but nothing to write home about really.

Posted

Yes was brief and very wet but nothing to write home about really.

Indeed - covering didn't last long thanks to high depth temperatures, thankfully so (for roads). Main problem is ice now overnight - but more especially Cotswolds.
  • Like 1

Posted

Indeed - covering didn't last long thanks to high depth temperatures, thankfully so (for roads). Main problem is ice now overnight - but more especially Cotswolds.

Maybe something better for Christmas... Posted Image  Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Maybe something better for Christmas... Posted Image  Posted Image

No pressure for the Pros on that forecast eh! Posted Image  Posted Image or Posted Image or Posted Image

Posted

The good folk at Open Road tell us current lowest RST over the Mendips is 2.3C but forecast falling to 0 to -1C tonight. Outside current yellow warning area, but we will flag it as a risk area tonight nonethless...!

No pressure for the Pros on that forecast eh! Posted Image  Posted Image or Posted Image or Posted Image

Funnily enough we were just discussing here at what point we will need to go into more deterministic mode for that period. What a shambles. But some common themes emerging nonethless.
  • Like 1

Posted

The good folk at Open Road tell us current lowest RST over the Mendips is 2.3C but forecast falling to 0 to -1C tonight. Outside current yellow warning area, but we will flag it as a risk area tonight nonethless...!

Funnily enough we were just discussing here at what point we will need to go into more deterministic mode for that period. What a shambles. But some common themes emerging nonethless.

It doesn't need to be cold to warn people of the dangers of gurney slade and emborough  Posted Image Posted Image

I always think one of the worst stretches of main road are a37 between Emborough, Gurney Slade and Oakhill. so many accidents every year because of ice and snow along that bit and after a lot of rain you get run off from Mendip golf course.

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

All  HAIL broke loose and fell earlier.. Now 3.5c. with a light breeze.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

What exactly is deterministic mode, Ian? Is this the timeframe by which you have to put your neck on the line, rather you than me. Posted Image

Posted

What exactly is deterministic mode, Ian? Is this the timeframe by which you have to put your neck on the line, rather you than me. Posted Image

Currently we've broad-brushed post-Monday but given the seasonal importance it'll soon require a punt at proper detail on a regional sense. But it's an ensemble soup of possible nasties. We focus obviously on the wind/rain elements...
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

temps 0.8c dew point -1.1 wheres the ppn when you need it!!!!

• Like 1