Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 15/12/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted

Well that journey home from work was interesting my road is flooded and lots of water running off the fields still and looks like there still a bit more rain to come overnight. Also had some very strong gusts of wind earlier but a lot calmer now. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Heavy rain like you would not believe for the UK, I have only seen it worse on Spain. Awestruck... The wind is as expected...

Edited by Rustynailer
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

One severe flood warning and 38 flood warnings now with a lot of them unfortunately showing up in this very region.

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/31618.aspx

Posted

Pretty bad folks we are loosing church steeples now on the Island...http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/church-spire-collapses-52180.aspx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well that journey home from work was interesting my road is flooded and lots of water running off the fields still and looks like there still a bit more rain to come overnight. Also had some very strong gusts of wind earlier but a lot calmer now. 

I do believe the worst of the rain is yet to arrive tonight.. Posted Image then after its showers of something a little more festive perhaps xmas eve Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Getting very rough here now with more frequent gusts

Wind gust of 60.1mph at Bleakdown Weather Station

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Pretty bad folks we are loosing church steeples now on the Island...http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/church-spire-collapses-52180.aspx

The squall looks at its best/worst (take your pick) so far over the IOW right now in comparison to other places I reckon.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Up there ^^^^

My back garden flooding, got about 4 mm till it comes thru into my kitchen and cant get to any sandbags

Edited by Cyclonic

Posted

Posted

Pressure looking close to bottoming out, whilst the rain keeps-a-coming.

Part two showing it's hand out in the western approaches

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

The squall looks at its best/worst (take your pick) so far over the IOW right now in comparison to other places I reckon.

Look at the radar for the squall line & guess where it split as it went through, yep right over us. Does look like the IOW is getting nailed at the moment with the squall line.

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted

Its hammering it down outside, not seen rain like that for a while

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Multi-squall line event I expect. I have seen a furious sea like the bad storms years ago.

This one and the next will be talked about for a good while I expect.

Our chosen subject of fascination is giving us a rare chance of observation and it's exciting.  In the old style of course, always good over a glass or too by the fire...

• Like 1

Posted

Good effort ladies and gents... You managed to get through 6 pages since I've been at work!

Seems to me as though the fence panel next to the one that snapped off is holding... Still raining though, and rather heavily, has been most of the day... Might go out in a bit to see what the stream is doing near me, but that of course is weather dependent!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None - UK weather is always exciting at some point

Hi Guys,

Only had 37.5 mph winds today.  I really thought they were going to be a lot worse, even tied stuff down in the garden.  Am I correct in believing there is worse to come this evening?Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

We are at 97.2mm of rain today.... close to that 'magical' 100mm now!!

Edited by Beast of Dartmoor
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Hi Guys,

Only had 37.5 mph winds today.  I really thought they were going to be a lot worse, even tied stuff down in the garden.  Am I correct in believing there is worse to come this evening?Posted Image

looks like winds will be picking up as next hvy pulse of rain arrives around 7 ish expect several hrs of persistant hvy rain and the usual sting in the tail  later .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None - UK weather is always exciting at some point

Thank you so much,  thought this storm was going to be a none starter after a lot of hype, like the last one, Bristol was supposed to  have been in the firing line with that one and we had nothing note worthy.  So fingers crossed then.  A noisy night then.  Pressure 987.5 at moment will keep an eye on it over the next couple of hours.  Only 15.3 mm of rain here today also.  Lets see what occursPosted Image

Posted

Arr Wroxall Church spire that fell in the storm was in scaffold and under renovation, so premature felling by severe but not yet that severe weather.

This windy period at the end of 2013 is notable, this is the second storm recently and there is another Friday by all accounts,

By the way, on the Island Wroxall used to be known as "sin city" in the 80's-90's, I will in the interest of common decency not comment further on extra marital going's-on in the East Wight...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Look at the radar for the squall line & guess where it split as it went through, yep right over us. Does look like the IOW is getting nailed at the moment with the squall line.

Yep, no squall here. Rain has taken it's toll on the chimney though, black water is running down the walls.

Posted

Yep, no squall here. Rain has taken it's toll on the chimney though, black water is running down the walls.

Oh Jeez, you are not going to be looking forward to part deux then?

Edited by Dorsetbred
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Oh Jeez, you are not going to be looking forward to part deux then?

I'll be at the quay tonight, not much I can do about it until I speak to Rempstone estate. I'll just enjoy part deux from the comfort of the pub. :)

• Like 1