Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Winter 2013/14

phil nw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme cold & snow

Posted Image
Need help? In the United Kingdom, call 08457 90 90 90 Samaritans

Thats for the likes of Steve Murr and followers who have had just the cr@piest day.

To avoid disappointment I cover my eyes with bakewell tarts and pretend I have the devil in me. But that's because I live in Canada and get too much snow.

No such thing - I lived near Swan river MB for a few years and never tired of it!

• Like 1

Posted

It is a shame, we wait patiently for what can be many posters favorite season

and we get delt this. I think realistically we are looking at around the 10-15th

of January onwards before we see anything more than the odd cold snap.

Is there a Christmas skin this year. Cheers.

And when the weather is boring and we have still days that go on and on most wish for days like these heading our way, make the most of it, you'll get your snow.

Posted

* Walks straight out of the weather preference thread..

Yup. An awful lot of stuff of late (mods!) surely better suited to the moaning thread rather than a more neutral evaluation of the model output. The cold-seeking is wholly understood by those who like it, but it's wearying when a whole thread gets routinely devalued by folk describing runs as 'rubbish" or whatever terminology / one-liners of no added value. It's the weather: get over it. (NB originally posted on model thread, not this one) Edited by fergieweather
  • Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

Yup. An awful lot of stuff of late (mods!) surely better suited to the moaning thread rather than a more neutral evaluation of the model output. The cold-seeking is wholly understood by those who like it, but it's wearying when a whole thread gets routinely devalued by folk describing runs as 'rubbish" or whatever terminology / one-liners of no added value. It's the weather: get over it. (NB originally posted on model thread, not this one)

Ian, do you really want people to 'get over it' ?Posted Image

BFTP

Posted

Ian, do you really want people to 'get over it' ?Posted Image

BFTP

i.e.: don't get so irate / combative etc about it all based on model output! Early coronary job. Not worth the stress! If it's a mild winter, then it's a mild one. Nothing can change that. Ditto if the converse is true. The joys of our insular land and it's weather vagaries... :-)
  • Like 6

Posted

i.e.: don't get so irate / combative etc about it all based on model output! Early coronary job. Not worth the stress! If it's a mild winter, then it's a mild one. Nothing can change that. Ditto if the converse is true. The joys of our insular land and it's weather vagaries... :-)

Weather God is not amused.

Posted Image

P.S - Can I have a copy of your mind dictionary ! Posted Image

"The joys of our insular land and it's weather vagaries" - No idea what it means, but i'm using that tomorrow if anyone stresses me out.

Edited by Glenn W
  • Like 1

Posted

Yup. An awful lot of stuff of late (mods!) surely better suited to the moaning thread rather than a more neutral evaluation of the model output. The cold-seeking is wholly understood by those who like it, but it's wearying when a whole thread gets routinely devalued by folk describing runs as 'rubbish" or whatever terminology / one-liners of no added value. It's the weather: get over it. (NB originally posted on model thread, not this one)

I think your post was moved here because it was not model related and therefore off topic and your comment "an awful lot of stuff of late(mods!) is rather unfair because for them too its a busy time of year and they can only waste so much time moderating (volunteers remember)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

Lol, just bantering....yep until you guys get a weather 'on order' service...we shall just get on with it

BFTP

• Like 1

Posted

I think your post was moved here because it was not model related and therefore off topic and your comment "an awful lot of stuff of late(mods!) is rather unfair because for them too its a busy time of year and they can only waste so much time moderating (volunteers remember)

I wasn't complaining about the mods. They dealt with it. And do a grand job. 

Lol, just bantering....yep until you guys get a weather 'on order' service...we shall just get on with it BFTP

Ha! That's Exacta's gig.... not ours ;-)
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Christ the mod threads like a samaritans chat room when theres no cold/snow showing in charts winters only 3 or so weeks old peeps theres lots of weather for us coming up enjoy!! Its better than endless grey nothingness believe me

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Who is the Mod on here at the moment ? twice you deleted my LIGHT HEARTED post !!!! WHY??? you need to get sense of humour!!!

I didn't delete it but would have done. This is a family forum with younger members and there is no need to try and bypass the swear filter, humourous or not, thanks.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

I think if there's no snow and cold for Christmas then the current wind and heavy rain would be my next choice. I'm sure there will be some colder phases early in the new year.

Although it should feel quite chilly in the wind.

Edited by simshady
  • Like 2

Posted

Pointless model watching until the new year at least if you want extreme cold weather.

Why do the mild fanatics keep posting endless reams of useless charts that consume unnecessary bandwidth.

There should be a restriction on number of charts people can post. Maximum 4.

I wonder what the record is for number of people on ignore list? I have 3 pages worth of ignores. Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

Pointless model watching until the new year at least if you want extreme cold weather.

Why do the mild fanatics keep posting endless reams of useless charts that consume unnecessary bandwidth.

I wonder what the record is for number of people on ignore list? I have 3 pages worth of ignores. Posted Image

Got to agree with you ther CiB, i look to see if Steve Murr's posting and if he's not then nothings happening, it only takes a sniff for him to appear, no SM, no sniffs.

How do i use the ignore option? I could quite easilly fill a couple of pages at present.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny

I wonder what the record is for number of people on ignore list? I have 3 pages worth of ignores. Posted Imagea

Agreed, thankfully.

Who? it is the cold fanatics who keep posting fantasy garbage.

Frosty would be knackered then.

I'm sure they are really bothered.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

a few, gaz, rich, swipe, richie v, but really models are showing average autumn weather, early Dec to early Jan, winter never kicks in until Feb to April normally, 2010 of course 1 in 100 year exception

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Got to agree with you ther CiB, i look to see if Steve Murr's posting and if he's not then nothings happening, it only takes a sniff for him to appear, no SM, no sniffs.How do i use the ignore option? I could quite easilly fill a couple of pages at present.

Click on your username and then choose manage ignore prefs. I have 3 pages of ignores which makes the whole forum a lot more pleasant
  • Like 1

Posted

Click on your username and then choose manage ignore prefs. I have 3 pages of ignores which makes the whole forum a lot more pleasant

Feature is crap though, if post is quoted you can still see it

• Like 1

Posted

At for the moment it doesn't look like Christmas day is going to be  ridiculously mild like 2011 was, that;s only thing that can from the current output, beyond that  it's simply a matter a patience, if RJS ends calling it right with his January cold snap suggestion (unlikely I know) then I salute him.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

Thanks a lot chaps, much appreciated.

I really dont want to use the ignore option, everyone is entitled to their opinion but the bickering and one up attempts are seriously annoying at the minute. Im

a total noob but learning a lot from both coldies and mildies, the reality posts showing what we have and also the posts explaining options and scenarios that 

could lead to cold.

I know its frustrating for many at present but seeing the aggro posts puts members in my position off from posting in the mod thread, its a scary place full of

knowledge, intelligence, experience and ego which is daunting enough without seeing that the wolves also bite.

Just in case anyone has blocked this guy ;p

Posted Image 

Edited by Machu Picchu

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm & Sunny

I find the annoying part about it is that it's become a 'Snow Watch' thread. They say they're looking for cold weather, but when that came in early December, with frosts, fog etc it was written off as "boring". I'd have thought you can have/enjoy cold weather without having to see snow falling from the sky, but that doesn't seem to the case with most of them. 

Haha, you're joking, the merest glimpse of anything a week ahead and Frosty's like a Daily Express front page!! 

I wonder what the record is for number of people on ignore list? I have 3 pages worth of ignores. 

Edited by DuncanK

Posted

GEM 12Z looks weird for Xmas eve, like a black hole just to the NW of Scotland! looks an error that, wonder what weather would be like under that, between 112 and 138 on meteociel

Edited by IrememberAtlantic252

Posted

the 500mb charts can be very misleading, today the synoptics look unsettled but it was a clear sunny day here, other times the charts show a lovely big fat high sitting over us but it has be cloudy and dull, GFS FI again teasing us with a bit of blocking but too far out to take seriously 

Edited by Tony27