Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 03/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Things are looking good IMO for a decent cool down before the Xmas period.

The flip side is it Has to get mild to deliver cold, if that makes sense ???

Long range anomolay charts now showing a HLB to our north east at day 10 .

Ignore GFS/ ECM output of last couple of days.

Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 1

Evening everyone, it was lovely to see the sun going down this evening and it shows how with no cloud cover how quick the temperature can fall away pretty quickly.

It doesn't look like any snow in the near future but can I remind everyone that the Snow Depth Competition for all you lovely people in the SE/East Anglia region has it's own thread ready for when the first white stuff appears from the sky. The link is in my signature below as well as where the regional tables when they update at the moment there are some numbers in there for fun.

Cheers

Chris ( the apprentice to Tom)

Edited by chris mantle
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Evening all. Posted Image

There's now a severe flood warning for Sandwich Quay on Friday, due to storm surge...

Check the Environment Agency website.

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/142151.aspx

Might be a nice sunrise tomorrow imho.

Glad you got your pictures Milly. Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Evening everyone, it was lovely to see the sun going down this evening and it shows how with no cloud cover how quick the temperature can fall away pretty quickly.

It doesn't look like any snow in the near future but can I remind everyone that the Snow Depth Competition for all you lovely people in the SE/East Anglia region has it's own thread ready for when the first white stuff appears from the sky. The link is in my signature below as well as where the regional tables when they update at the moment there are some numbers in there for fun.

Cheers

Chris ( the apprentice to Tom)

Erm, not so sure about that, think you've got that the wrong way round Chris. I know which one of of us is the technophobe!

Tom.

Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 1

Posted

Back down in Weybridge today. It took till midafternoon before the cloud cleared. But boy was it nice to see the sun before it dived below the horizon, twilight is very short at this time of year. A fraction over 2 weeks before the shortest day, but as an old friend used to say 'as the days get longer the cold gets stronger'

Will be interesting what the storm tomorrow will be like

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

So, who is going to get the first Snow Cup measurement in this year?Posted Image .... Or who is going to put their foot in it instead and try and cheat?Posted Image

Posted Image020.JPG

Posted Image002.JPG

Who is looking forward to the first lampost watch of the season?Posted Image

Posted Image032.JPG

What about the reassuring sight of icicles to let you know its an ice day?!

Posted Image028.JPG

What about seeing a few small drifts of snow that are still around a few days after the snow has fallen?

Posted Image011.JPG

And who is going to build a snowman before it melts?Posted Image

Posted Image010.JPG

First question before all that though is..when is it going to snow?Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Very pretty Tams, Firehills the Val D'Isere of East Sussex! Posted Image

Tom.

• Like 1

Posted

Evening all

Typical that on the first day in what seems like ages that the sun comes out, I have been up since 4:30am, in the office since 6am and am still here now.   Which is a very long way from acceptable.  Maybe I should just set up a camp bed here and try to download Virgin Anywhere to my work laptop and watch the cricket....

I've just looked outside and can confirm that it is most definitely dark.  I went to my car earlier to look for something to eat (only found 1 wine gum, quite a nice vintage though, showing a bit of age) and the car thermometer said 1c!  It seems quite a lot has changed since I arrived this morning.

Time to leave and hit the lovely M25.

Have a good evening folks (sob!)

AS

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

UGH! Feeling clogged up and snotty now along with the awful cough,  when will this cack end?

No, not giving in, it is NOT manflu, I have worked every day this week with it this far and fully intend to make it to the weekend in one peice (may look a sight and be taken away, but by damn I am going to make it if I can)

Just been out to recover the car charger and extension reel and I can confirm it is quite cold out there even frost forming already (I can see the morning 6am run is going to be fun!)

Posted
  • Location: greenhithe, kent (nr bluewater) 51.45216 n 0.25966 e
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter hot in summer
  • Location: greenhithe, kent (nr bluewater) 51.45216 n 0.25966 e

hi

just looked at the flood alerts for my area on the shoothill website.

www.shoothill.com/FloodMap/

they are saying there is going a storm surge on friday does anyone know how bad it is going to be........

les

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

So, who is going to get the first Snow Cup measurement in this year?Posted Image .... Or who is going to put their foot in it instead and try and cheat?Posted Image

Posted Image020.JPG

Posted Image002.JPG

Who is looking forward to the first lampost watch of the season?Posted Image

Posted Image032.JPG

What about the reassuring sight of icicles to let you know its an ice day?!

Posted Image028.JPG

What about seeing a few small drifts of snow that are still around a few days after the snow has fallen?

Posted Image011.JPG

And who is going to build a snowman before it melts?Posted Image

Posted Image010.JPG

First question before all that though is..when is it going to snow?Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Tut Tut, Tamara, Play nicely now.

• Like 1

Posted

hi

they are saying there is going a storm surge on friday does anyone know how bad it is going to be........

les

Storm surges are unpredictable,But can deliver a lot of damage. The warning is out just take the necessary precautions as advised from relevant sites and keep an eye on warnings.

Here is a national link for all with any concerns.

http://www.floodwarn.co.uk/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

hi

les

Didn`t think the possible surge would get to our neck of the woods?

Howdy neighbor bty. :D

Posted

Good luck on your drive home AS, I certainly know what its like doing the long hours, done many 48 hours shift in my younger life when things where going wrong with fridge plants. I'm absolutely knackered today, been a long hard day designing, something which I haven't done for the last year and my brain ain't used to being worked for 10 hours non stopped, it was a truly amazing day of problem solving and phone calls, got in at 9 and couldn't believe when I next looked at the clock at was 17:30, wondered why my stomach was saying it was hungry.

I promised some while ago that I would tell you about my latest cock up, and the trouble I got into with her indoors, no she is still not talking to me, think I should just explain, that i am not a practical person, Infact I am known as a bit of a mad professor, I can't wire a plug, decorate, knock a nail in, etc, etc, I am however fairly good at maths and have got a problem solving brain. Unfortunately for the wife, I do try to be helpful, but I think because my brain is wired differently to practical people, when I'm helpful it always end in as a total disaster. I also have the ability to turn my hearing off, which even annoys me as when I am concerntrating especially at work then I don't even hear my phone ring. You really have got to feel sorry for her, don't you, anyway that just a pre introduction.

Well on Monday I really surpassed myself, everything I tried to do went terribly wrong and I think she indoor totally lost it with me, no that wrong, I know she lost it. The afternoon started badly, because I got away from the office much later than I wanted, on the way home, I couldn't get off the phone, finally the last phone called finished whilst I was parked up outdoors 10 minutes before I had to pick her up from work, I panicked, rushed in, throw the dinner in the oven, pulled all the curtains, and dashed out to get her. Could there be a better husband, I hear you all ask.

She came out of work late, we drove home, her being quiet chatty, things where good, we pulled up outside the house, and she tensed up, never a good sign, stopped talking, and I thought oh know, I done something wrong, she snorts and mumbles under her breath, I didn't hear what she said, I said what, she shouts, something about a deaf idiot. I really haven't got a clue what I done, after all she hadn't even got out the car, I had a feeling it wasn't going to be a good night, boy was I correct. She rushes indoors, and I thought oh dear (or words to that effect) I couldn't smell the curry which should be smelling the house out, she soon inform me that I was a daft so and so, I had put the curry in one oven and lit the other, must admit she impressed me that she spotted that from the car! Wrong again, she turns the oven on, telling me politely that dinner might be a little late. Her next port of call was the front room where I had briilantly decorated the tree the day before. However apparently some moron hadn't drawn the blinds in front if the tree, but the same moron had drawn the curtains with the blinds still opened, thus mucking them up, surely said moron had seen how these where drawn the night before (moron shouldn't have mentioned that he was watching the football the night before, because the angles wand when launched at close range could be classified as a dangerous weapon surely?) anyway after morons comment it was the first time her indoors started to bounce with anger, this wasn't really the thing to do, especially when bouncing next to a newly decorated tree. I didn't know but her favourite bauble fell off the tree, it was glass, it hit the tele and it shattered, she trod on the glass, cut her foot open, and got blood on the carpet.

All that happened because I was trying to be helpful. I feel really sorry for my wife, and have now decided not to be helpful anymore. Is their anyone out there who might just have a little sympthany for me?

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 5

Posted

See this is why I am divorced (sorry not much help I know)

• Like 6

Posted

Cold out now only just 2.9oC, frosty already.  Feel cack too which does not help and oh to be able to eat something and stay with it :(

Posted

Cold out now only just 2.9oC, frosty already.  Feel cack too which does not help and oh to be able to eat something and stay with it Posted Image

tummy bug jax.?

Posted

CharltonKerry surely after all these years she has learned that you can't ask a man to do a woman's job!

Doubt my hubby knows how to turn on the washing machine, oven or microwave and he can't close the curtains properly for some reason, always a gap at the top.

Even when I left for work at 7.30am and got home at 8pm 5 days a week I did all the home stuff, it's quicker in the long run and I'm a bit of a control freak.

He does boiler repairs, clears gutters, fixes the car and anything else that needs fixing etc. This year he built me a great shed, from scratch, not a kit.

Just tell her you try to do things as good as she does but you can't you're a man!

• Like 2

Posted

tummy bug jax.?

Just the lurg, but it has hit me harder than I thought I would, solids are a no no at the moment.

Posted

hi all

fax update what i have at present

tonight chilly and dry

frost potential there as is fog potential as well

-----------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow

Posted Image

after the fog and frost has departed it should be dry and sunny (just about for some)

cold in the strong north to north west wind and getting gusty in the afternoon

temps

Posted Image

6-8 degrees north of the river

8-10 degrees south of the river

rainfall

Posted Image

dry to mid-day

Posted Image

then rain moving down from the north effecting all by mid pm

cloudcover

most areas cloud free at 6am

Posted Image

by 9am

Posted Image

some areas still clear

by mid-day

Posted Image

bye bye any sun Posted Image

thursday night to follow

Edited by john pike
  • Like 3

Posted

Just the lurg, but it has hit me harder than I thought I would, solids are a no no at the moment.

Flat Pepsi, or coca cola will sort it. I know how you feel , Im just getting over it, just trying to get rid of hacking cough. Hope you feel better soon.

Posted

thursday night

Posted Image

a strong northerly wind

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

temps dropping away quite quick once the showers that are here clear away

if any showers are around after midnight they would likely becme wintry

snag is it looks like all the showers will be clear by then

temps -2 to 2 degrees

a frost unlikely due to the wind

Posted Image

Posted Image

scraping off ice on car windows may be needed in the morning where shielded from the wind

• Like 3

Posted

Its not just here we are worried about storm surge.

https://twitter.com/WSWUpdates/status/408354270673510401/photo/1

Posted

friday

Posted Image

a weak north westerly flow

temps

Posted Image

although very cold uppers it looks likely cloudcover will hold the temps up

Posted Image

somewhere around 6-8 degrees

however we could see some lower figures to the north east coastal areas

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

friday night

Posted Image

a west to north west weak flow

rainfall

Posted Image

there is a chance of some light drizzly bits overnight

temps

Posted Image

if it clears expect a frost

if it is cloudy temps around 4-5 degrees

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saturday

Posted Image

a weak west to north west flow

temps

Posted Image

around 6-8 degrees

ukmo show rain

i disagree with that at present

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sunday

Posted Image

a weak westerly flow

temps

Posted Image

around 6-8 degrees

looks dry as well

maybe seeing some sun which would be nice

monday to follow

• Like 2