Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 03/12/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

A quiet night weather-wise.  Still air, dry, fairly mild, kind-natured, soothing

Moved by the Dimbelby Mandela programme tonight.  Brought back my idealistic days of marches and hope (I'm nearly 50).  When Chris Hani was killed and their country was on the verge of murderous meltdown Mandela spoke, almost all listened, and he stopped at least most of the otherwise probable bloodbath

Popping off from this lovely thread, and NW, for a while, too tired, too much work not falling into place, shouldn't really be getting tearful when I put a Christmas tree on my shoulder and carry it to my car, but ghosts are alive and I am feeling them.  Apologies for rather self indulgent post, generally too emotional.

Happy Christmas all

AS

We all feel it, don't feel bad, it's being human:) Don't leave us AS, we really are all much the same at heart!

App tells me it's 6 degrees and clear, sounds about right, although we donned hats for the dog walk tonight. Feeling the cold today at work, so don't listen too much to those on the MOD telling us it's all mild, feels quite nice with the chrimbo decs twinkling in the windows:)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Morning everyone. Partly Cloudy and 7c.

Have a great day

Posted

Morning all, don't believe it, I awoke at 8:15, can't remember the last time I done that. A S I have had a really knackering week, long days and many meetings, including finical which I hate because I don't understand balance sheets etc, it gets you down, and your right this time of year ghosts of Christmas past do weigh you down, I can't offer you wish words, but it will pass, my only little hint is to find an outlet away from it all, where there's no pressure on you, mine is football and writing stupid bits on here.

Have a good day everyone, if you are decorating the tree today, remembering us old gits who find it emotional because of the fun times it remind us of.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all Posted Image

Back to no weather again for the foreseeable future Posted Image

Euro, Sceuro, super high being thrown around in the MAD thread, if the high was so super it would try to sit on top of the world Posted Image

Posted Image

Now that's a super high

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all - no weather, no flights - I think I'm stuck on night time mode too ... Really should get up out of bed soon !

Have a lovely weekend - I think I'm going to put the Chringlemas tree up later today or tomorrow :-)

• Like 2

Morning all Posted Image

Back to no weather again for the foreseeable future Posted Image

Euro, Sceuro, super high being thrown around in the MAD thread, if the high was so super it would try to sit on top of the world Posted Image

Posted Image

Now that's a super high

Yes it's only seven days into my winter and I remember last year when  we had to wait until the end of January for our first snow here and then after that it was damn cold until March. We do live in the UK and not in central Europe which i think a few people on there seem to forget and sometimes the colour on these charts need to be looked at more closely than just thinking bright colours are summer temperatures.

Back to the weather here ans it's 7.5c so one benefit is that I have been able to turn the boiler down and save money although i suppose BG won't be very happy.

PS Another good camera from Sweden http://www.webbkameror.se/webbkameror/kirunakommun/kirunakommun_1.php

Edited by chris mantle
  • Like 2

Posted

Morning all Posted Image

Back to no weather again for the foreseeable future 

Morning Matt, morning all!

Yes, after a bright and sunny day yesterday it's fade to grey this morning

Posted Image

(did you see what I did there.....)

As you rightly say, this no-weather could be with us for a while, which will upset The Daily Express as after Mandela, they'll have no major headlines to publish.

A dip in temps maybe around the 14th but even that seems to get back to where we are now:

Posted Image

Still, there's always Christmas to look forward to, yo ho ho :doh:

Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

Actually quite a nice winter's day here. If it's mild for the foreseeable, I'm not too worried, as I'll take the positive of lower power bills / generally nicer being out and about etc. :)

However if it turns into protracted, turgid anticyclonic gloom, I'll be the first on here whinging! :unsure:

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Quiet a lot brighter here in Ippy this morning and the sun is out. Still a lot of cloud about but it's soooooo much better than the murk we have had lately.

Still feeling a bit grim after the egg episode. Now I know what Cool Hand Luke felt like and I only shared three eggs scrambled. :D

Hope you all have a wonderful week end. :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Ho ho ho and good morning weather netters,

The tree is up, the decs are plastered everywhere, half of the tree lights are working (glass half full), there's a festive thingy on the front door and we are off to see Father Christmas.  And the central heating is off.

On the downside, I've been in the model thread for a mooch about. Doom and gloom and despondency about mild and zonal looming up, just like cold and snowy was looming up around a week ago. You gotta laugh at the micro analysis in there Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Grey (well, light grey) and dare I say it reasonably mild this morning. Son is devastated as he was due to have his birthday party today in advance of his 14th on Thursday but he's gone down with a temperature, sore throat, the lot, so it's cancelled. He is doing a serious Mr Angry about how unfair life is.....

Have a good day everyone.

Posted

Good afternoon all. Sorry to hear about the cancelled birthday party for your Son RS, hope he soon recovers. I was also saddened to hear that AS is going to take a step back from this forum for a while, his evocative posts will be sorely missed by me and many others no doubt. Best wishes AS and do come back when you feel able. Posted Image

On Facebook this morning a friend of a friend had posted a very short video of what looked looked like a quite serious breach of some kind causing flooding at the Rye Harbour Nature Reserve. It looked very much as though the River Rother had burst its banks, and ripped up quite a large section of paved pathway, as opposed to the normal ebb and flow of the tide into the salt marshes there.

Just wondering if anyone in the area  ( Tamara and others ) have any further information on this please ?  From the video it looks as though it could be the main paved pathway from the car park to the beach that was breached. Until earlier this year I was a regular visitor to this location, and quite often stayed at the caravan park which is situated right next to the reserve. Given all the work that has recently been carried out there I do hope the situation is not too bad.

BB54 Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Me again. Sorry, I can't recall who but a poster yesterday mentioned  the plight of seal pups on the Norfolk Coast as a result of the storm surge.

I found this article earlier about a seal pup swimming along the A149 at Cley. I hope the little fella made it to safety, along with the many others.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/pictures_incredible_moment_norfolk_dad_spots_seal_pup_swimming_up_flooded_cley_road_1_3086060

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Good afternoon all. Sorry to hear about the cancelled birthday party for your Son RS, hope he soon recovers. I was also saddened to hear that AS is going to take a step back from this forum for a while, his evocative posts will be sorely missed by me and many others no doubt. Best wishes AS and do come back when you feel able. Posted Image

On Facebook this morning a friend of a friend had posted a very short video of what looked looked like a quite serious breach of some kind causing flooding at the Rye Harbour Nature Reserve. It looked very much as though the River Rother had burst its banks, and ripped up quite a large section of paved pathway, as opposed to the normal ebb and flow of the tide into the salt marshes there.

Just wondering if anyone in the area  ( Tamara and others ) have any further information on this please ?  From the video it looks as though it could be the main paved pathway from the car park to the beach that was breached. Until earlier this year I was a regular visitor to this location, and quite often stayed at the caravan park which is situated right next to the reserve. Given all the work that has recently been carried out there I do hope the situation is not too bad.

BB54 Posted Image

I'd not actually heard about this until you mentioned it - but I know exactly where you mean. I'm going out fairly soon and might head over and take a look. I too, hope that things are ok therePosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

I'd not actually heard about this until you mentioned it - but I know exactly where you mean. I'm going out fairly soon and might head over and take a look. I too, hope that things are ok therePosted Image

Cheers Tamara. I can't find a way of posting a link to the video I have seen, nothing on the Hastings Observer website about it.

Posted

Me again. Sorry, I can't recall who but a poster yesterday mentioned  the plight of seal pups on the Norfolk Coast as a result of the storm surge.

I found this article earlier about a seal pup swimming along the A149 at Cley. I hope the little fella made it to safety, along with the many others.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/pictures_incredible_moment_norfolk_dad_spots_seal_pup_swimming_up_flooded_cley_road_1_3086060

That was me.  Thanks for this, I hope the little fella made it, too. :)

• Like 2

Posted

It was indeed that section of pathway and road from the car park to the beach. Latest information here :

http://www.rxwildlife.info/sightings/2013/12/6/flooding-at-rye-harbour.html

Let's hope they can recover quickly.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening all, the weather did improve today with some good sunny spells

CFS time

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Precipitation - (-1)

Temperature - (+1)

Dry and quite mild, though some variations throughout the Christmas period.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Evening all, the weather did improve today with some good sunny spells

CFS time

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Precipitation - (-1)

Temperature - (+1)

Dry and quite mild, though some variations throughout the Christmas period.

Ouch! Crikey CS, re the Snow Depth Cup, Chris and I will be redundant and the Snow Depth Predicting Panel will be raking in all the overtime!

Tom.

Ouch! Crikey CS, re the Snow Depth Cup, Chris and I will be redundant and the Snow Depth Predicting Panel will be raking in all the overtime!

Tom.

I have already signed on at the job centre and the only other job in our range of work of lamp post watching has been withdrawn due to the current climatePosted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Chris, I see you're about, you did put those columns in your spreadsheets for oktas of cloud cover and another one for sunshine totals, didnt you. Please tell me you did! Posted Image

Tom.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

It was indeed that section of pathway and road from the car park to the beach. Latest information here :

http://www.rxwildlife.info/sightings/2013/12/6/flooding-at-rye-harbour.html

Let's hope they can recover quickly.

Thanks for that - I didn't get chance to go down there as things turned outPosted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Evening all

semi busy day, had a panic yesterday when mother was taken into hospital, thankfully she is back home now and seems OK.

Been a dry and sunny day mostly here, some cloud too and feeling milder than of late.

• Like 1