Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - 29/11/2013 ----->

Nick L

Posted

Was snowing between carryduff and saintfield 30 mins ago. Then brief snow in saintfield. Least we seen some !!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

Aww I slept in and missed all the winds although it's still very gusty here. Suppose that's what I get for staying up all night drinking lol.

Posted

the sea has calmed down a good bit but is still very rough here and the christmas tree in portstewart town is looking very disheveled lol. all i'm seeing here is a bit of sleety  rain :(

Posted

Can report that I seen snow twice. 2pm and 3.30pm.

So there we go we seen some snow today! WOOP WOOP. Annoying though because the showers are far and few between.

Temperature is 2.5c and a dew point of -0.5c. Tbh the snow could lie on the hills if we get somemore showers but doubt down here. 

Posted

Current temp here in newtownabbey is 1c and we have had a few snow showers so far today. Met office says light rain forecast later but surely this could be snow?

Posted

my street light watching has to stop because of the gale blowing through the living room had to close the curtains.

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

we may not have a comet in the sky .. but we have the present of a lovely crescent ...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I was in Belfast shopping today, the wind would skinned you. Got home about half an hour ago and temperatures have really dropped! Little bit of snow on some of the cars. Lots of twigs and branches around here too.

Posted

2.5 degrees here, but feeling like -15 in that flipping wind. My missus tells me it said 47kph on the weather station at 2200 hrs.

Posted

I seem to remember that in our competition to guess the first snowfall I picked Dec 8. I might not have got this quite right -Posted Image

Next competition: guess the place in Ireland with the highest temp during the next two weeks. Place and date required.

• Like 1

Posted

Outside Limavady 14 degrees next WednesdayPosted Image

With blizzards and 35 foot drifts! Really need to be getting supplies in! After all we are going to have +10 uppers so it WILL snow!!
  • Like 3

Posted

Looks like we are going to be mild for a few weeks.

Tbh, I can't really remember not seeing lying snow in December so this month so far is very odd. I was saying to my mother yesterday 'it's more like October than December'. It doesn't feel like winter at all and my gut feeling is that we will not see very much wintry weather at all. 

I have matured and accepted that it is not going to happen, i'm sure we will see something at some stage but at the moment for the next few weeks all i'm seeing is 8c days which is pretty pathetic. It all puts it into perspective that we have absolutely hideous winters.

Posted

Looks like we are going to be mild for a few weeks.

Tbh, I can't really remember not seeing lying snow in December so this month so far is very odd. I was saying to my mother yesterday 'it's more like October than December'. It doesn't feel like winter at all and my gut feeling is that we will not see very much wintry weather at all. 

I have matured and accepted that it is not going to happen, i'm sure we will see something at some stage but at the moment for the next few weeks all i'm seeing is 8c days which is pretty pathetic. It all puts it into perspective that we have absolutely hideous winters.

You need to be a bit more mature so! Posted Image The winters of the 90's and early noughties were only pathetic from a cold lovers perspective… They make this winter so far feel positively arctic!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost

Well I think its gonna be mild for a lonnng time. Not all winter though. The mild will eventually fade, it cant last forever.

Oh Yes it can ...!

I've been in Galway today .. a stunningly beautiful day .. more like the 9th of April .. long may it last .. Daffs and snowdrops have their noses well out of the ground already  ..