Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Ireland Regional Discussion - 29/11/2013 ----->

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow!
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow!

Went to the mother inlaw's for breakfast this morning as we do every year. They live approx 15km from us and at a similar altitude, near Drumlish, there was some lying snow at there house and in the surrounding hills ...so I guess that counts as a white Christmas :)

Edited by jamesd
    • Like 1
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 716
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

Outside is absolutely freezing cold. Everything is white covered with frost :o hope you all had a nice Christmas!

Posted

Met Ireland updated there storm warning parts of the south could see 150km gust from this storm and the rest 130km gusts this is near the same strength as the big storm back in 1998 which caused widespread damage i was fixing power lines 2 weeks after the storm on that occasion, stay save as this storm in coming is a beast and a lot of people will get caught out i am afraid............

• Like 1
    Posted

Strange that the Red alert  from Met Eireann is for Mayo, Clare, Kerry, Waterford and Wexford ,not including cork.

Looking at charts cork ( defo parts of west cork ) in the in firing line.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Hope everyone had a good xmas day. The frost certainly made it feel very festive here

Strange that the Red alert  from Met Eireann is for Mayo, Clare, Kerry, Waterford and Wexford ,not including cork.

Looking at charts cork ( defo parts of west cork ) in the in firing line.

Yep, I'd say it's just a mistake, parts of Cork could have the worst winds.

Action starting shortly after 3pm today, with wind reaching their peak at 3am tomorrow

Posted Image

Might have to stay in for drinks tonight!

Posted

Very still and quiet here at the moment. I still have my doubts as to whether this storm will amount to much here on the north east coast but the south and south west look to be in for a lively time.

Posted

Very still and quiet here at the moment. I still have my doubts as to whether this storm will amount to much here on the north east coast but the south and south west look to be in for a lively time.

Already quite lively here, sounds wonderful! With 9 hours to go until they peak, it should be an interesting night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

hope everyone had a great xmas day. still recovering from a hangover. really appalling out there tonight. candles at the ready.

Posted

Really getting lively in the city centre tonight, just a shame I'm working and not in front of the fire at home with a glass of red enjoying it!!!

• Like 1
    Posted

It's windy here, though nothing remarkable yet. We've had four brief power outages tonight. Though they're not apparently weather-related, they're certainly adding to the atmosphere.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Mental winds here, worst I've heard in a while. Half the town has no electricity.

Posted

Seriously windy over the last couple of hours here with some really intense gusts, sounds and feels worse than Monday/Tuesday.

Posted

Bad in lisburn with wind and rain the past couple of hours, some really strong gust!!

Radar shows the rain to stop in the next hour or so!! Not as cold as it was earlier with ice on road not thawing for most of the day!!

Is it to return later and winds to continue?

Definitely the worst so far this winter!!

Posted

Winds have now greatly eased in the lurgan area. Yellow warning for wind expected after 2am

Edited by bma79
    Posted

Vicious for a while, but just spoke to someone in a control centre who tells me the damage from this storm has been exceptional so far with trees, poles down, and roofs blown off houses in parts of Killenny, Louth, Kildare, Dublin etc and looking at the development of this, the worst is yet to come!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy weather in winter, dry and warm weather in summer

Incredibly gusty down here, winds in excess of 100km/h across the south coast, and something like 120km/h in Waterford about an hour ago.

Plenty of downed trees in places around the city, and lights have been flickering here for the past few hours.

Hope everyone's OK.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Had no electricity here for two hours, its just came back on. The winds have eased but still very blustery.

Posted

Great noisy storm so far. Had a quick car journey to pick up my sister from work, 2 downed trees, flooding and countless branchs down along the 5km route.