Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussion - 29/11/2013 ----->

Nick L

Posted

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Although early days the Meto are buying into thursday as well:

Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday:

Sunny spells and showers on Tuesday, mainly north and west, then windy with outbreaks of rain on Wednesday. Turning much colder with snow showers and severe gales on Thursday.

Issued at: 0400 on Sun 15 Dec 2013

• Like 1

Posted

Yes I think it will snow on Thursday.

I don't understand why though because the uppers are barely -5c? Yet two weeks ago when the uppers were -8c we struggled to get sleet from an arctic sourced air mass? It's a bit odd.

Posted

Snow may fall but will probably be only temporary at low levels, temps aren't low enough:(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

some considerable amount of rainfall the last two days. river suck has burst its banks. looks like 2013 is going out in dramatic fashion after what would be termed a rather benign year.

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

Wednesday night looks reasonable enough. Wouldn't be surprised to get a dusting.

And on Thursday itself temps of 2 - 3c generally.

Posted Image

Edited by The Eagle
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

like seeing the pv moving eastwards out of the East Cananda/Greenland area in deep fi on the latest gfs. Deep fi and the pub run and all that but nice to see anyway fwiw.

post-6445-0-61241000-1387151067_thumb.pn

Edited by sundog
  • Like 2

Posted

Looks like an interesting week with all types of weather for everyone - possible wintry showers over Northern Counties, Donegal could see a bit of thunder, then a frost tonight, cool tomorrow a tad milder on Wed, then the fun and games begin on Thursday.....

But will it snow in west Cork????????

Posted

Met office further outlook retracts wintry showers for NW areas etc. just wind and rain now. I am bit surprised only the very tip of the north coast is under warning for wind. I expect that to change nearer the time .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme Weather, blizzards, snow, storms, gale force winds

Sky was black in the town about 15 minutes ago.  Never seen it so dark around 3:30pm!  Was only heavy rain in Skeoge.

Posted

Great to see the gfs is giving us a chance of a White Christmas in Ireland, fingers crossed, borderline even if verifies!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

i swore i saw sleet when i was driving back from limavady about an hour ago good to know i wasn't seeing things lol