Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 25/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Afternoon all. As if the grey muck of the last few days was not enough it's now raining. I'm finding it more and more difficult to remain positive these days.

Posted Image

I am looking at pretty pictures of snowy places to cheer myself up! It's got so dark here now I might as well close the blinds - as you say, nothing to see outside Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

OHH EMM GEEE!

just had to step out to the bin and it is feeling cooler in the breeze, been raining too, remains dull, damp and breezy.

written my letter just need to summon up the energy to get out there and post it (ah well need to go to the bank and wilcos anyway).

Just had a two wheeled hair dryer go past at full volume Posted Image

Posted

Afternoon all. As if the grey muck of the last few days was not enough it's now raining. I'm finding it more and more difficult to remain positive these days.

Posted Image

Hi Martin.

I can fully appreciate that this period of dull 'non weather' can drive weather followers and the general public to a low ebb and I think much of it is down to light levels and the effects of SAD in some cases.

I know customers I have in Finland seem very depressed at this time of year and they have a 'proper' Winter but very little Sun:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/aug/18/finland-newsweek-best-country

I bought a SAD light some years ago and it certainly helps, as does a stiff walk along the beach or Countryside, but of course not everyone is able to do that.

Keep you chins up and look for the positive signs where you can - I'd recommend not going in the MOD thread just at the moment though.....

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Its as dark as night at this time do something or clear up......

it's not that dark!  I can still see my hand infront of my fa...

...ooh, where did it go?

Edited by Jax

Posted

Tonight, I will mostly be twerking....

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Posted Image

Hi BB

I swept up a load of leaves from the front this morning (that's the front of the house not my front by the way) even doing each neighbour's bit of pavement on the basis that it's our white birch at the front that causes all the trouble.  it was looking quite good and then only an hour later it was all covered again - I am convinced that someone with a grudge watched me finish, waited until I had gone in, and then emptied their specially collected black bag of leaves all over the previously spotless area.  I suppose the point of this rambling is that today seems to have been a big one for leaf fall, and now, sitting in the study at the top of the house, looking out to the back, the purple plum and the white birch, that only yesterday still had decent coverage, are now bare and wintry looking.  The orange red berries on the Sorbus and the yellow cream berries on the Joseph Rock are still hanging on though, small orbs of light against the gathering greyness of a late November afternoon.

When the weather is like this it's the small orbs that keep us going, and tomorrow looks like it might at last be a bit brighter - I think most of us would welcome that for sure. 

AS

• Like 4

Posted

Hi BB

I swept up a load of leaves from the front this morning (that's the front of the house not my front by the way) even doing each neighbour's bit of pavement on the basis that it's our white birch at the front that causes all the trouble.  it was looking quite good and then only an hour later it was all covered again - I am convinced that someone with a grudge watched me finish, waited until I had gone in, and then emptied their specially collected black bag of leaves all over the previously spotless area.  I suppose the point of this rambling is that today seems to have been a big one for leaf fall, and now, sitting in the study at the top of the house, looking out to the back, the purple plum and the white birch, that only yesterday still had decent coverage, are now bare and wintry looking.  The orange red berries on the Sorbus and the yellow cream berries on the Joseph Rock are still hanging on though, small orbs of light against the gathering greyness of a late November afternoon.

When the weather is like this it's the small orbs that keep us going, and tomorrow looks like it might at last be a bit brighter - I think most of us would welcome that for sure. 

AS

The same around campus today, leaves swirling around everywhere and the trees losing their cover fast. I thought it made if feel very autumnal walking around and sort of enjoyed 'feeling the season' around me, it's like those psychological techniques that teach us 'awareness of the moment' - much easier to be happily aware of swirling leaves than grey mucky skies that's for sure!

Right, the M25 beckons, something else I'd rather not be that aware of while I'm engaging with it.....

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Well at least there won't be any pillaging in Pevensey this time around then! 

I think i'd better be on the look out!

• Like 1

Posted

I was watching leaves fall off the two large oaks at the bottom of the garden, wondering how so many could drop given that it was completely windless here today. Then I saw two squirrels leaping about....

Looking forward to seeing the sun tomorrow. Chainsaw day. All very well having a woodburner, but producing your own logs is surprisingly time-consuming. And carrying them up to the house - we're on quite a hillside and it's a couple of hundred feet to the house - makes me realise how old I've (suddenly) become. Who knew?

• Like 1

Posted

See the Express up to the usual, getting everybody panicking where do they get there forecasts from?? they should be in trouble for this?

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/442873/Coldest-winter-in-modern-times-on-way-with-snow-forecast-for-Britain-starting-next-week

I had a rant on here a couple of weeks ago about this sort of thing from the Express.  They seem to have rehashed the article (itself a rehash of previous rubbish), used the same quotes and then added yet more hype and drivel.  It really is shameful what they do.

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

haha funny mad thread

some people really love to burst the bubble before its even been blown!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening all, fun times to be have with the upcoming noneventagedden Posted Image

I kid I kid, promise :)

CFS time

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's terrible Posted Image

Precipitation - (-1) looks pretty dry

Temperature - (+1) looks pretty mild

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Quite windy earlier, dull, grey and mild... three of the four of them are what I hate most about the british weather.Came across this video on youtube from the other day about a guy originally from kent that lives in London, Canada:http://youtu.be/iI3dU2X9BSEAt first I thought it was London, England.

Edited by Mesoscale
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

GFS looks very turbulent in FI, even if the cold event looks short lived.

Still FI, so all taken with a shovelful of salt. Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Oh WoW.... B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.....Lock-n-Load

Posted Image

Edited by Jason T
  • Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

cold weather starts @the 4th

big spread on the 6th so ignore after

although less colder ensembles are showing after the 9th

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Posted Image

bank

bank

bank

bank

bank

bank

bank

BANK!!!!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Posted Image

bank

bank

bank

bank

bank

bank

bank

BANK!!!!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

That could be good even in the Triangle!Posted Image